ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR TO ILR ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR TO ILR ROUTE

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:16 am

shb101 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:07 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am
shb101 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am
aman90 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:49 pm
Going on ur previous posts.. you have been given appropriate advice.
It seems you will apply in Sept.. you have a general idea of the documents required.
The only new addition is to provide an overview of your business and ur role within it as well as a description of the jobs you are claiming for..
There are people who are applying immediately and will have to provide the above amongst others.
By the time you qualify.. they’ll probably have heard back with regards to their applications.
Thanks Aman hopefully I will try to apply in August on the basis of continous period since my initial visa which was granted in Sept. Another question my wife she came on dependant visa in last year July and got her biometric from post office which states visa expiry in Oct. Would it be ok if I just apply my visa in August and her visa in end of sept.
Anothoer scenario, what if I got my ILR approved before her visa application do I still need to apply tier 1 dependent extension or it will change to FLR M if i get approved my ILR before her application. Other members can also share their experience if you have any.
She can apply for a tier 1 dependent extension before her visa expires, if you are applying for ILR based on 5 years PBS route. It does not automatically get changed to an FLR(M) application simply because you got ILR.

If you switch to FLR(M), she must meet the English and Financial requirements and it resets her residence clock to zero.
Correct me if I am wrong, you mean to say even I get my ILR approved before her visa expire I can still make tier 1 dependent extension application for her no need to switch to FLR M and get the clock to zero.
Yes!!

As I don't have the energy to read through your whole thread, I have based my response on you getting ILR through 5 years PBS route and NOT through 10 years long residence route (which has different rules for your spouse).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, I am due to apply in August but unfortunately one of my employee is leaving by this month however 12 months requirement has been fulfilled after the extension period. Would it be ok if I apply ILR with one employee or should I hire 1 more again as right now business is also not doing well so I want to stay with 1 employee at the moment. Kindly advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm

shb101 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, I am due to apply in August but unfortunately one of my employee is leaving by this month however 12 months requirement has been fulfilled after the extension period. Would it be ok if I apply ILR with one employee or should I hire 1 more again as right now business is also not doing well so I want to stay with 1 employee at the moment. Kindly advise.
There is no requirement for the employees to be active at the date of application. As long as you have fulfilled 12 months of each Job, it really is up to the business needs if you have one, more or no employees at all at the date of application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I am due to apply my ILR in couple of months time as well as my wife's dependent visa my question is, would it be ok if my wife travel to back home in couple of weeks time and come back before she applies her extension or better option is she stays here and visit once visa got approved. Your kind response would be highly appreciated. Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun May 26, 2019 11:26 am

shb101 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I am due to apply my ILR in couple of months time as well as my wife's dependent visa my question is, would it be ok if my wife travel to back home in couple of weeks time and come back before she applies her extension or better option is she stays here and visit once visa got approved. Your kind response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
The travel should have no impact on your application
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:26 am
shb101 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am
Hi Guys,

The travel should have no impact on your application
Thanks for quick respond.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 am

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question as I all be applying my ILR in August and my wife's dependent visa extension in Sept my question is do I need to maintain 630 for 90 days in her account or my account. Is there any such requirements that I need to show maintenance in her account ?

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:30 am

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who applied ILR after March 2019, as I am bit confused about few requirements e.g. director's role and employees job description in my opinion that requirement reflects on extensions application only.
Therefore, is there anyone who can shed some lights on this requirements if you have already applied after March 2019.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

I will be applying my ILR hopefully in August and wife's dependent visa extension in Sept, my question is do I need to maintain 630 into her bank account or mine. Earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:43 am

shb101 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am
Hi Guys,

I will be applying my ILR hopefully in August and wife's dependent visa extension in Sept, my question is do I need to maintain 630 into her bank account or mine. Earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Either account and it must be for the full 90 days and not dip below £630 at any point.

p.s. you should also ask your PBS Dependent extension questions in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum as it is not relevant to the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Guys,

I'm due to apply my ILR next month and I got employee A which is on continuous job since the extension granted and employee B worked 5 months after extension granted and then I had 4 months break to find the employee and found in Sept since then Employee B is working and now employee B wants to quit the job this month and doesn't want to be paid this month but in last RTI it wasn't mentioned that June is employee B last month so I this case what can I do. Kindly advise gurus

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 am

Another question I had 2 employees for Employee B position 1 employee did 5 months after extension and 1 employee did 9 months, so would it be ok if I can combine both of them RTI FPS to claim 12 months employment ? and would it impact on my case if I have 1 employee at the time of ILR application as Employee B wants to leave

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

shb101 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 am
Another question I had 2 employees for Employee B position 1 employee did 5 months after extension and 1 employee did 9 months, so would it be ok if I can combine both of them RTI FPS to claim 12 months employment ? and would it impact on my case if I have 1 employee at the time of ILR application as Employee B wants to leave
You need to keep only 2 things in view.

2 jobs performed by X number of employees @ 12 months.
Jobs need not exist at time of application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 pm

To reiterate what Aman said, all you need is 2 FT jobs that existed 12 months each after extension.

Employees can come and go.

JOBS does not have to be continuous.

Any 12 months after extension are fine.

Employee A can do JOB1 for 4 months and Employee B can do JOB1 for 8 months. You will have 12 months for JOB1.

Similarly you need 12 months for JOB2.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 am

Thanks Aman and tier11417 for your prompt responses.

Luckily I got a replacement of my Employee no. 2 from this month so I will send RTI for this month also with new employee. Furthermore is there anyone who applied recently after 29th March changes, could anyone confirm what are the additional requirements after 29th March 2019 changes as I still don't think the job description of directors and employees job roles and responsibilities are not for ILR application.

Did anyone submit these two requirements after 29th March 2019 changes if did so please can you share what document did you submit and also need some assistance to fill the online application form and how sopra steria works.

Anyone's assistance would be highly appreciated.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:53 am

Right now..people who applied much before April 29 are getting their approvals or whatever.,
You ll have to wait a couple of more months to find out what transpires if not sent.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 69650.html

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

Few questions:

As my initial Tier 1 Ent visa granted in Mid of Sept 2014 and Extension granted in Start of Oct 2017, so when I can eligible to apply for ILR Mid of August 2019 ? if so do I need to mention that I am eligible to apply because of 5th anniversary or something or just I can make application without mentioning anything.

I got 3 passport 2 expired and first UK visa was granted on very first passport so my question is how many pages do I need to scan of my all 3 passport. Kindly confirm

In regards to Job roles and responsibilities of Directors and Employee, anyone can confirm what should I send to cover this requirement, do I need to ask my accountant to write Employees jobs and responsibilities on their letter head ? or shall I write on my company's letter head. Is this really a requirement as I am still confused as its written in extension application section.

What tax document should I send ?

Earliest respond would be highly appreciated.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:35 am

shb101 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 am
Hi Guys,

Few questions:

As my initial Tier 1 Ent visa granted in Mid of Sept 2014 and Extension granted in Start of Oct 2017, so when I can eligible to apply for ILR Mid of August 2019 ? if so do I need to mention that I am eligible to apply because of 5th anniversary or something or just I can make application without mentioning anything.

I got 3 passport 2 expired and first UK visa was granted on very first passport so my question is how many pages do I need to scan of my all 3 passport. Kindly confirm

In regards to Job roles and responsibilities of Directors and Employee, anyone can confirm what should I send to cover this requirement, do I need to ask my accountant to write Employees jobs and responsibilities on their letter head ? or shall I write on my company's letter head. Is this really a requirement as I am still confused as its written in extension application section.

You can apply mid August. Nothing needs to mentioned.
I am not sure about the pages on older passports. The application process should tell you that info once you fill in everything.
There is no need to accountant. You would just do that yourself. It is a requirement. The ILR section clearly states that all relevant requirements in extension are applicable to ILR.
Any corporate tax document
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:35 am
shb101 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Few questions:

I am not sure about the pages on older passports. The application process should tell you that info once you fill in everything.
There is no need to accountant. You would just do that yourself. It is a requirement. The ILR section clearly states that all relevant requirements in extension are applicable to ILR.
Thanks Marcnath for your response, all extension requirements are applicable to ILR ? Does it mean I need to show the investment documents again for ILR purpose ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:49 am

Please read the link that I posted.. this debate has been done ad nauseum..

Except for the yearly accounts signed off by the accountant.. everything else including the role descriptions and overview..

Point is.. you can choose not to send it.. it has come across as grey to some..

But is it worth causing a delay or hold up till they send you letter requesting it.. or request an interview or worse refuse coz they don’t get ur business..
Absolutely nothing could happen by not sending that simple A4 document.. or what I said earlier.

On this forum we really really want every applicant to succeed. Save money and a whole lot of stress!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am

shb101 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am
marcnath wrote:
shb101 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Few questions:

Thanks Marcnath for your response, all extension requirements are applicable to ILR ? Does it mean I need to show the investment documents again for ILR purpose ?
Relevant is the key word here.

No, investment documents are not needed as the guidance clearly says you can claim points without evidence

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am
shb101 wrote:
marcnath wrote:
shb101 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Few questions:

No, investment documents are not needed as the guidance clearly says you can claim points without evidence
Thanks Marcnath, just one more question as my employee B left in 1st July and hired replacement from 1st July but the thing is the employee who left was on high salary and replace i found is on minimum wage now, does it impact on my application ?

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 am

Hi Guys,

A query regarding an employees as I was granted extension in Oct and since then Employee A is still working however Employee B left after 6 months of my extension granted and then hired replacement after 4 months and Employee B continued till June 19 and then again hired Employee B replacement from this month my question is for Employee B I will send 6 months RTI after extension and then after a break of 4 month I will send replacement employee's RTI for 8 months and 1 month of July for again replacement of employee B.

But what about Employee A as Emp A working since extension granted no break or anything so how I am gonna send his FPS RTI, is same as employee B's FPS RTI e.g. same months with break or I can just send FPS RTI for employee A for last 12 months from July 19 backwards. Kindly advise

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am

shb101 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 am
Hi Guys,

A query regarding an employees as I was granted extension in Oct and since then Employee A is still working however Employee B left after 6 months of my extension granted and then hired replacement after 4 months and Employee B continued till June 19 and then again hired Employee B replacement from this month my question is for Employee B I will send 6 months RTI after extension and then after a break of 4 month I will send replacement employee's RTI for 8 months and 1 month of July for again replacement of employee B.

But what about Employee A as Emp A working since extension granted no break or anything so how I am gonna send his FPS RTI, is same as employee B's FPS RTI e.g. same months with break or I can just send FPS RTI for employee A for last 12 months from July 19 backwards. Kindly advise
Dont confuse yourself between employees and jobs. Note the requirement is 2 FT JOBS not employees. So you have to provide 12 months RTI FPS for each job. Employees can come and go. As long you have 12 months RTI FPS for each job your are good.
JOB 1 with employee A seems continuous so provide 12 months continuous RTI FPS
JOB 2 provide 12 months RTI FPS. Gaps dont matter. Note you will need passport copies of all employees who fulfilled the job roles.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:42 pm

shb101 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am
marcnath wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am
shb101 wrote:
marcnath wrote:

Thanks Marcnath, just one more question as my employee B left in 1st July and hired replacement from 1st July but the thing is the employee who left was on high salary and replace i found is on minimum wage now, does it impact on my application ?
In principle this should be ok.

But, if you are interviewed, be prepared to explain why it should be considered the same job. A job would normally be expected to have the same requirements and hence paid in the same ballpark.