ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Character Reference and absence query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

Character Reference and absence query

Post by Meesha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am

Dear Forum members,

I run a pharmaceutical company and got my ILR through Tier1 Entrepreneur route. Can anyone please advise me with the followings:

1: Can my employee act as one of the character reference not professional one though?

2: I know i should be physically in UK on date of my application exactly 3 years back. should i be in UK on the date i submit my application online? or the day of my appointment to submit documents will be taken as the date of application. I was away from 26th June to 10 August 3 years back.

Many thanks in advance

Meesha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Character Reference and absence query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:26 am

Presumably you are married to a British citizen if you are asking now about citizenship and not next year??
1: Can my employee act as one of the character reference not professional one though?
Yes, provided they are over 25, British and of good character.
2: I know i should be physically in UK on date of my application exactly 3 years back. should i be in UK on the date i submit my application online? or the day of my appointment to submit documents will be taken as the date of application. I was away from 26th June to 10 August 3 years back.
You need to be present 3 years ago on the same corresponding date you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am

Hi CR001,
My husband has BC.
sorry for clarifying. So date of online submission is date of applying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Meesha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am
So date of online submission is date of applying?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks.
Date of first arrival in UK is actual date of my arrival in UK which was 10 years ago? or start of Tier1 Entrepreneur date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Meesha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:48 pm
Thanks.
Date of first arrival in UK is actual date of my arrival in UK which was 10 years ago? or start of Tier1 Entrepreneur date?
It is a fairly clear question, not a trick question, the key words are 'first arrival' :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 am

I will follow this thread as I will be applying next year May 2020. Please let us know what you fill especially in the employment section. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 am

Meesha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am
Dear Forum members,

I run a pharmaceutical company and got my ILR through Tier1 Entrepreneur route. Can anyone please advise me with the followings:

Many thanks in advance

Meesha
You have to apply before 26th June 2019 or otherwise after 10th August 2019.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 am

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 am
I will follow this thread as I will be applying next year May 2020. Please let us know what you fill especially in the employment section. Good luck.
In employment section they have options to select from. I have selected the director of the company.
In the list of mandatory documents, there is no document which would be required to attach to prove it.
Do you think i should attach any documents related to this? Documents required are very few which are as follows:

1. My passport
2. My BRP
3. My husband's British passport
4. My life in UK test
5. UK degree
6. Marriage certificate
7. 2 Refree declarations

Do you think i should attach any additional documents such my company's tax return? or company info? or my husband's tax return, council tax?
Thanks a lot in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

Meesha wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 am
tier11417 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 am
In employment section they have options to select from. I have selected the director of the company.
In the list of mandatory documents, there is no document which would be required to attach to prove it.
Do you think i should attach any documents related to this? Documents required are very few which are as follows:

1. My passport
2. My BRP
4. My life in UK test
5. UK degree
6. Marriage certificate
7. 2 Refree declarations

Do you think i should attach any additional documents such my company's tax return? or company info? or my husband's tax return, council tax?
Thanks a lot in advance
No its not required. You just have to state the PAYE ref of the company if I am correct. HO just double checks that you have not breached conditions of your visa and employed elsewhere.

Are you on the payroll of your company? If not, then you chose the right choice. If you are on payroll, you have to choose both employee and director as it states to choose all what applies.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks tier11417.
I remember when my husband applied for naturalisation through NCS, they took only those documents which were on checklist and returned the rest.
I have completed application form except BRP no. I hope it will arrive during this week. How many days they took to deliver BRP to you.
Do I need to send all passports this time too or only current passport will be enough as it does cover my travel history during last three years?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Meesha wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 pm
Thanks tier11417.
I remember when my husband applied for naturalisation through NCS, they took only those documents which were on checklist and returned the rest.
I have completed application form except BRP no. I hope it will arrive during this week. How many days they took to deliver BRP to you.
Do I need to send all passports this time too or only current passport will be enough as it does cover my travel history during last three years?
You have to apply with the new system. Same as you did for your ILR. You will scan documents and upload and book your biometrics appointment. UKVCAS will verify your documents and return you the originals then.

Passports covering 3 year period should be okay.

I received my brp in 2/3 days. You should receive it soon.

You will have to upload a copy of your BRP also to fulfil the “free of immigration restrictions” not just the number.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Call DX tomorrow. The automated machine will ask a tracking number but you dont have one. Just input any 9 digits to bypass that. Once connected to the advisor tell them your surname and postcode and ask if you have a brp delievery. Ask for the correct tracking number and you can track online then. Its difficult to connect but try 3/4 times and you should be able to. I did the same.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

I have received an email from DX stating they will attempt for delivery today. So fingers crossed.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am

Hi All,
I have an appointment at Sopra Steria for naturalisation. Here is the list of documents i am attaching to support my application. Please tell me if i can attach any additional documents to make it easier to get decision quickly.

Mandatory Documents:
1. My passport
2. My BRP
4. My life in UK test
5. UK degree
6. Marriage certificate
7. 2 Refree declarations

Additional Documents:
My 3 kids birth Certificates; all born in UK
My 3 kids British passports

Can anyone tell me what additional documents HO ask later? I have seen few people have mentioned about it.

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am

Additional Documents:
My 3 kids birth Certificates; all born in UK
My 3 kids British passports
Not required. You are not repeating an ILR or visa process.
Can anyone tell me what additional documents HO ask later? I have seen few people have mentioned about it.
They don't always ask. It is the exception rather than the norm and it depends entirely on circumstances and immigration route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Once application is under process for naturalisation, can British spouse cancel it at any time before decision is made?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:47 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

Dear Forum members,
Update on my case!
I have received my Naturalisation approved. Now going to apply for first passport. My citizenship application got approved in 3 weeks.
Thanks a lot to everyone for helping me through this journey. God bless you all.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 am

Have you attended your ceremony already??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 am

Congrats!

Employment section: Did you select both employee and director OR only director?

Did you send any documents to prove that?

Please post here the final list of documents you sent with your application.

Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

Yes

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

Yes.

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 am
Have you attended your ceremony already??

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am

I ticked only director. I sent required documents as i posted earlier. However i sent my kids birth certificates and their passports photocopies too.

1. My passport
2. My BRP
4. My life in UK test
5. UK degree
6. Marriage certificate
7. 2 Refree declarations
8. 3 kids UK Birth certificates
9. kids British passports

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 am
Congrats!

Employment section: Did you select both employee and director OR only director?

Did you send any documents to prove that?

Please post here the final list of documents you sent with your application.

Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 am

I have a query beyond the scope of this thread. I am posting it here as i could not find any relevant section to ask about it. CR001; can you please move it to relevant section.

Has UK govt introduced any new work permit route for UK PhD holders (I know there had been 12 months post study visa for new PhD holders)? If someone has done PhD from UK institute 5 years ago, can they get work permit for 5 years now?