ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rayree
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Documents list and questions.

Post by rayree » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Dear members,

Hope you are all well!

I am a naturalised British Citizen and looking for some help regarding my wife's spouse visa application. I do apologise for a long list of questions but I wanted to ask all the questions in one place. I would be very glad if you help clarify my questions please!

I got married recently and she is looking to apply for her spouse visa from Delhi, India. I have managed to put together a list of documents from reading the forum and Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa. I was wondering if you could advise if the following documents are enough or if I have missed out any?

A. Sponsor Documents

- Passport Copy and 2 x Passport photos
- Naturalisation certificate
- Landline and Broadband Bills for last 6 months (address proof)
- Sponsor letter (Is there a specific form or a template)?
- Employer letter
- Appointment letter

As a sponsor, do I need to include the following documents as well? I didn't think these documents were mentioned in Home Office website though.
- All academic certificates (Degree, NARIC etc)
- Life Insurance certificate?
- Driving License?
- National Insurance?
- Birth Certificate?
- Pension Statements?

B. Financial

1. 6 months salary slip
2. 6 months bank statements
3. Savings account statement - Is this required as my salary is much more than the required minimum earning specified?
4. P60 - Is this required?

C. Accommodation

1. Tenancy Agreement
2. NOC Letter from landlord in accommodating my wife once she gets her spouse visa
3. Survey of the property (being in a sharing house)

D. English Language

1. English Medium certificate from the University
2. UK Degree Certificate ( Apparently she doesn't need NARIC as her degree is from a UK university)

E. Evidence of marriage

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Wedding Invitation Card
3. Photos of our Wedding (Ceremonies, With family and friends)

F. Proof of relationship

1. WhatsApp messages
2. WhatsApp call log
3. Pics of Holidays together
4. Hotel booking and flights
5. Do I need to provide our Facebook and Instagram links, print out and submit as well?

G. Evidence of continuing contact with ur wife

1. WhatsApp messages
2. WhatsApp call log

We have only been married for a month. So is the above evidence enough (meaning I have not made any trip to India after coming back from the wedding)? Before wedding we were dating for a year and half and the evidence of which will be provided in the proof of relationship section. Also does the relationship need to be 2 years old before we apply her spouse visa?

Also do we both write up seperately and include narratives of our relationship as to how and when we met, how many holidays we had together, my proposal, our engagement, her visiting me to London and staying for couple of months, shopping for wedding rings etc?

As for the applicant (my wife), are these the correct documents?

1. Her Passport and 2x UK passport size photos
2. Sponsor’s bank statements (six months)
3. Her degree certificate and medium of instruction certificate.
4. Tuberculosis test certificate as she is from India.

I have some questions regarding the application itself.

1. Does the application need to be done online or download forms and fill up accordingly? I have downloaded 3 forms - VAF4A-11-18.pdf, vaf4a-appendix1-11-18.pdf and VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf. I see the first two forms are only ever so slightly different but mostly the same. Which one should I be using?

2. Do I need to send all my original documents to India or just scanned copies will do in which case I can put all the documents in a drop box for her to download and print?
OR, I can just simply send the documents myself to Shieffield?

3. Would it be better if I write a covering letter explaining the documents for each section and how the requirement is met?

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards.
Ray.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Documents list and questions.

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:40 pm

rayree wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm
Dear members,

Hope you are all well!

I am a naturalised British Citizen and looking for some help regarding my wife's spouse visa application. I do apologise for a long list of questions but I wanted to ask all the questions in one place. I would be very glad if you help clarify my questions please!

I got married recently and she is looking to apply for her spouse visa from Delhi, India. I have managed to put together a list of documents from reading the forum and Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa. I was wondering if you could advise if the following documents are enough or if I have missed out any?

A. Sponsor Documents

- Passport Copy and 2 x Passport photos
- Naturalisation certificate Not required
- Landline and Broadband Bills for last 6 months (address proof)
- Sponsor letter (Is there a specific form or a template)? No template.
- Employer letter
- Appointment letter

As a sponsor, do I need to include the following documents as well? I didn't think these documents were mentioned in Home Office website though.
- All academic certificates (Degree, NARIC etc) Not required
- Life Insurance certificate? Not required
- Driving License? Not required
- National Insurance? Not required
- Birth Certificate? Not required
- Pension Statements? Not required

B. Financial

1. 6 months salary slip
2. 6 months bank statements
3. Savings account statement - Is this required as my salary is much more than the required minimum earning specified? Not required.
4. P60 - Is this required? Not mandatory

C. Accommodation

1. Tenancy Agreement
2. NOC Letter from landlord in accommodating my wife once she gets her spouse visa
3. Survey of the property (being in a sharing house)

D. English Language

1. English Medium certificate from the University
2. UK Degree Certificate ( Apparently she doesn't need NARIC as her degree is from a UK university)

E. Evidence of marriage

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Wedding Invitation Card
3. Photos of our Wedding (Ceremonies, With family and friends)

F. Proof of relationship

1. WhatsApp messages
2. WhatsApp call log
3. Pics of Holidays together
4. Hotel booking and flights
5. Do I need to provide our Facebook and Instagram links, print out and submit as well? No

G. Evidence of continuing contact with ur wife

1. WhatsApp messages
2. WhatsApp call log

We have only been married for a month. So is the above evidence enough (meaning I have not made any trip to India after coming back from the wedding)? Before wedding we were dating for a year and half and the evidence of which will be provided in the proof of relationship section. Also does the relationship need to be 2 years old before we apply her spouse visa? No. This is only for unmarried partners

Also do we both write up seperately and include narratives of our relationship as to how and when we met, how many holidays we had together, my proposal, our engagement, her visiting me to London and staying for couple of months, shopping for wedding rings etc? Your choice

As for the applicant (my wife), are these the correct documents?

1. Her Passport and 2x UK passport size photos
2. Sponsor’s bank statements (six months) Not required. Only the sponsor needs to submit financial evidence
3. Her degree certificate and medium of instruction certificate.
4. Tuberculosis test certificate as she is from India.

I have some questions regarding the application itself.

1. Does the application need to be done online or download forms and fill up accordingly? I have downloaded 3 forms - VAF4A-11-18.pdf, vaf4a-appendix1-11-18.pdf and VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf. I see the first two forms are only ever so slightly different but mostly the same. Which one should I be using? Others to advise

2. Do I need to send all my original documents to India or just scanned copies will do in which case I can put all the documents in a drop box for her to download and print?
OR, I can just simply send the documents myself to Shieffield? Others to advise

3. Would it be better if I write a covering letter explaining the documents for each section and how the requirement is met? Not needed

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards.
Ray.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm

You must apply online

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

and also fill this form

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

You will get instruction during filling process. They have recently changed the process of sending supporting doucments . We used to send orginal documents to shieffield but now they give you option to upload documents yourself after filling online forms and paying fees they redirect you to vfsglobal for uplaoding doucments and booking appointment ..they also give you option to scan documents at visa centre if you cannot uplaod youself

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm
You must apply online

and also fill this form

You will get instruction during filling process. They have recently changed the process of sending supporting doucments . We used to send orginal documents to shieffield but now they give you option to upload documents yourself after filling online forms and paying fees they redirect you to vfsglobal for uplaoding doucments and booking appointment ..they also give you option to scan documents at visa centre if you cannot uplaod youself

Good afternoon,

Thanks Casa, ILR1980. I have few more questions please.

1. The department in the company for which I was working, was taken over by another company and named differently now and I obviously became part of it. That said many of the resources in the company are still shared eg Office building, HR, Payroll etc. So my paylips now somewhat show the name of the newly formed company but the Salary BACS into my bank account still shows the name of the previous company. Even the employment letter I requested shows the old company name saying I have been working in the company for the last 1.5 years. In this situation, can I just explain in a covering letter stating its the same company and because of the takeover process that is going on the documents are showing differently? It's a well known financial services company and its takeover so if the case worker looks up, it will tie in of what I would explain in the covering letter.
Alternatively should I just treat this as two salaried employments and provide 12 months payslips with corresponding bank statements?

2. Currently I don't support my wife financially i.e I dont send money to her account. Is it a must to show this as evidence of a husband-wife relationship?

3. Is it enough if one of us write the accounts of our relationship when and where we met, how we got married etc? Is this even required especially when we are mentioning in the form when we met, got married etc?

Best regards.
Ray

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:57 pm

rayree wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm
ILR1980 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm
You must apply online

and also fill this form

Good afternoon,

Thanks Casa, ILR1980. I have few more questions please.

1. The department in the company for which I was working, was taken over by another company and named differently now and I obviously became part of it. That said many of the resources in the company are still shared eg Office building, HR, Payroll etc. So my paylips now somewhat show the name of the newly formed company but the Salary BACS into my bank account still shows the name of the previous company. Even the employment letter I requested shows the old company name saying I have been working in the company for the last 1.5 years. In this situation, can I just explain in a covering letter stating its the same company and because of the takeover process that is going on the documents are showing differently? It's a well known financial services company and its takeover so if the case worker looks up, it will tie in of what I would explain in the covering letter.
Alternatively should I just treat this as two salaried employments and provide 12 months payslips with corresponding bank statements?

2. Currently I don't support my wife financially i.e I dont send money to her account. Is it a must to show this as evidence of a husband-wife relationship?

3. Is it enough if one of us write the accounts of our relationship when and where we met, how we got married etc? Is this even required especially when we are mentioning in the form when we met, got married etc?

Best regards.
Ray
I dont see any issue if previous company merged with another company and everything else i.e salary date/rate/payroll stay the same .. and you explain all this in letter to save them from any confusion

2) its not required

3)its good idea to write two cover letter i.e one from sponsor and one from applicant...cover letter of applicant can describe it briefly how relationship began and why its important to get visa and settled with partner in Uk and what documents they are sending etc while sponsor cover letter need to mention that he can accommodate and can financially support his wife and what.documemts he is providing im suuport of visa application etc you can also mention about merge of company

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 pm

rayree wrote:

I have few more questions please.

Its called transfer of undertakings under employment regulations 2006 where on transferring to new company your employment with previous employer remain continue. But unfortunately under HO eyes it would be counted as new employment where you will have to apply under category B.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 pm
rayree wrote:

I have few more questions please.

Its called transfer of undertakings under employment regulations 2006 where on transferring to new company your employment with previous employer remain continue. But unfortunately under HO eyes it would be counted as new employment where you will have to apply under category B.
Thanks ILR1980, Seagul. Hope you are enjoying the long sunny weekend.

I wanted to ask what documents are applicable for 28 days rule from the application date - Bank statements, employer letter and latest salary slip? What about the NOC letter from landlord and property inspection report? Could you advise please?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm

rayree wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

I wanted to ask what documents are applicable for 28 days rule from the application date - Bank statements, employer letter and latest salary slip? What about the NOC letter from landlord and property inspection report? Could you advise please?

Thank you.
As a precaution try to not let your NOC letter and property inspection report be older than 28 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm
rayree wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you.
As a precaution try to not let your NOC letter and property inspection report be older than 28 days.
Thanks Seagul.

If I am applying online, do we need to fill up VAF4A-11-18.pdf paper form as well (Personal details form (VAF4A) November 2018 Family settlement application form)? I appreciate we still need to fill up "APPENDIX 2 (VAF4A August 2018) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM" though to be submitted along with the printed online application duly filled.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:15 pm

rayree wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm
If I am applying online, do we need to fill up VAF4A-11-18.pdf paper form as well (Personal details form (VAF4A) November 2018 Family settlement application form)? I appreciate we still need to fill up "APPENDIX 2 (VAF4A August 2018) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM" though to be submitted along with the printed online application duly filled.
No. The paper VAF4A form is ONLY for applicants from North Korea.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:15 pm
rayree wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm
No. The paper VAF4A form is ONLY for applicants from North Korea.
Thanks CR001.

I have now started filling up the form VA4FA online on my wife's behalf and I have doubts on the following questions. If you could throw some lights on them please.

1. In Family Details section with Spouse/Partner heading, I believe all the details asked are of the applicants like passport address, father, mother details etc ?

2. In Employment Section, there are two options out of many (Unemployed or Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other) that I can choose as the answer for the question "What is your current working status?". Does it matter if I put one or the other? She is not working but I am not supporting her either as she has savings.

3. In Sponsor details section, there is a question "Will your sponsor be travelling with you to the UK?" I might or might not travel with her to the UK depending on my work commitment. Does it matter if I choose 'no'? Does choosing 'yes' has a better prospect of getting the visa over 'no'?

4. In English Language section, there is a question "How did you meet the English language requirement?"
My wife's studied in an institute whose degree was awarded by a UK university. When I sent it off to NARIC to get a Visas and Nationality certificate, they advised me that since it was a degree awarded by UK university, the degree certificate can be used on its own as supporting document without any NARIC certificate.

So I am writing the following answer to the question. Would this be okay?

My Bachelor of Arts degree was awarded by a UK University i.e xxxxxxxx University. Copy of the degree certificate and transcript are enclosed with the application for your reference.
I am also enclosing Medium of Instruction Certificate to certify that all the courses were taught in english throughout.

5. In Additional Information section, what should be written as the answer for "Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?" I can't think of anything to write here other than she having two addresses (she owns both the houses) in two different states. So the address in our marriage certificate is from her native state as that's where we got married and registered the marriage and we are giving the other address in delhi in the application form as that's where we are looking to book the visa appointment. Is this something I need to explain to clarify?

Best regards.

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Fri May 03, 2019 9:51 am

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the long weekend.

Could someone advise on these questions please?

Thank you.

rayree
Newly Registered

Final documents check list

Post by rayree » Thu May 09, 2019 9:59 am

Dear all,

Finally we have submitted my wife's application online and booked an appointment. What is confusing to me though is where to submit or send the documents. I understood from the forum that I would need to send the documents to Sheffield but the appointment booking email confirmation below says otherwise i.e all the supporting documents need to be submitted at the VFS centre in Delhi where my wife is applying from (they do have document scanning services). Can you please advise?

"Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

VFS New Delhi Visa Application Centre
Mezzanine Floor, Baba Kadak Singh Marg.
Shivaji Stadium Metro Station
Connaught Place
New Delhi

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU"

Thanks.

Also below is the final list of documents we are submitting in addition to the printed online VAF4A form, Appendix 2 Financial requirement, TB certificate, her passport (current and previous), UK size passport photo, IHS receipt and online payment receipt. Could you please advise if I have missed out any?

A. Sponsor Documents
Sponsor Letter
Copy of British Passport

B. Financial documents from the sponsor
12 months
12 months Bank Statement
P60 covering the above period
Employment Letter
Offer letter and Appointment Letter

C. Accommodation documents
Tenancy Agreement
Landlord’s No Objection Certificate (NOC)
Property Inspection Report
Utility Bills for 3 months from March 2019 – May 2019

D. English Language documents
Degree Certificate awarded by UK University
Medium of Instruction in English certificate
Transcript

E. Our Marriage documents
Marriage Certificate
Wedding Invitation Card
Engagement and Wedding Photos (about 10 photos)

F. Evidence of Relationship documents
Photos from our holidays
Our photos taken during my India visits
Flight tickets and Hotel receipts for our holidays (some hotel bookings and receipts are in my name but it does say 2 adults)
My flight tickets for visiting India
My hotel receipts for stay in India
Flights Tickets for my wife’s UK visit before the marriage
Our photos taken during my wife’s UK visit
Screenshots of our WhatsApp chats and calls
Screenshots of facetime and video calls
Couple of email communications
Facebook printouts
Instagram Printouts
Receipt for her sending me bday cake
Receipt for my gift to her
My bank statement showing Money Transfer to her account.

Thanks in advance.
Ray

Picard

Re: Final documents check list

Post by Picard » Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi Rayree
Not sure if you still log in on the forum, but please do post your experiences.
This will be a learning block for rest of the users (present and future ones to join)

Was your application standard or priority?
Any clarification email from HOme offive/ECO?

Cheers

rayree
Newly Registered

Re: Final documents check list

Post by rayree » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi,

We thought the appointment at VFS Delhi where my wife submitted her visa forms and all supporting documents went smooth until she received the following email today from UKVI stating they haven't received any sponsor supporting documents. Needless to say we are very confused at the moment as she submitted all her documents and biometrics was taken on the appointment day. I spoke to UKVI customer service and they have no idea about it telling me that this is handled by a different department and I should rather speak with an immigration advisor. One thing though, I didn't use any scanning service at a VFS in the UK rather we submitted all documents at VFS india. Was this wrong?

So now I think I have to use VFS scanning service in the UK to resubmit all the documents? Is it recommended submitting all supporting documents (mine as well as her) basically the whole bunch she submitted at VFS India or just the sponsor documents without her documents?

Any advice from the members please?

Dear xxxxxx,
Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that you or your UK sponsor submits the documentation as follows:

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter

rayree
Newly Registered

English Language requirement for spouse visa

Post by rayree » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi,

My wife recently submitted her spouse visa application from India. There is one thing that's troubling me about the evidence for her english language requirement. She did her Bachelor's degree in an Institute in India which was affiliated to a well recognised UK university hence the degree was awarded by the same university. I did send a copy of her degree, transcript and medium of instruction letter to NARIC Visas and nationality to certify its UK equivalent degree and taught in english but NARIC came back saying it was a UK degree already and hence they can not certify it. So we went ahead and applied the Visa with just the certificate, transcript and medium of instruction letter as evidence for her english language requirement.

Could anyone advise if we did right or she should have taken CEFR A1 to meet the requirement? I am a bit worried.

Thanks.
Ray

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: English Language requirement for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 pm

rayree wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Hi,

My wife recently submitted her spouse visa application from India. There is one thing that's troubling me about the evidence for her english language requirement. She did her Bachelor's degree in an Institute in India which was affiliated to a well recognised UK university hence the degree was awarded by the same university. I did send a copy of her degree, transcript and medium of instruction letter to NARIC Visas and nationality to certify its UK equivalent degree and taught in english but NARIC came back saying it was a UK degree already and hence they can not certify it. So we went ahead and applied the Visa with just the certificate, transcript and medium of instruction letter as evidence for her english language requirement.

Could anyone advise if we did right or she should have taken CEFR A1 to meet the requirement? I am a bit worried.

Thanks.
Ray
If the degree was awarded specifically by UK university then it should be sufficient to meet any English language requirement. There are a lot of distance learning programs and foreign UK partner universities. But as long as its awarded by UK university then no issue.

marcus12a
Newly Registered

Post by marcus12a » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 am

Hi

I just want to ask did you upload the documents on VFSGlobal then? I am in the process doing this now but was not sure if it has to be scanned in black and white etc and what dpi setting.

Thanks

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 pm
rayree wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Ray
If the degree was awarded specifically by UK university then it should be sufficient to meet any English language requirement. There are a lot of distance learning programs and foreign UK partner universities. But as long as its awarded by UK university then no issue.
Thanks Seagul! That put my mind at ease.

I knew there was a link on UKVI website saying Degree from a UK university satisfies the english language requirement but I can't seem to find it. Could you share the link if you have please?

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 am

marcus12a wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 am
Hi

I just want to ask did you upload the documents on VFSGlobal then? I am in the process doing this now but was not sure if it has to be scanned in black and white etc and what dpi setting.

Thanks
Hi,

No. I went to VFS London to submit our documents so they can scan the documents. They charged £75 for the service and if you want your documents back add £20 on the top for postage. Hope that helps.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm

rayree wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am
seagul wrote:
rayree wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Ray

I knew there was a link on UKVI website saying Degree from a UK university satisfies the english language requirement but I can't seem to find it. Could you share the link if you have please?
When you will be filling application form then will see it there.

rayree
Newly Registered

Post by rayree » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm
rayree wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am
seagul wrote:
rayree wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Ray

When you will be filling application form then will see it there.
Ok. Ta.

rayree
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa granted but as Standard Partner on the letter and vignette ??

Post by rayree » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,

My wife's Family Settlement/Spouse Visa has finally been granted. I must say the Visa came quick (6 weeks from appointment/Biometrics) considering it was a non priority application.

Our concern however is that the approval letter says Partner (Standard) rather than Family Settlement/Spouse Visa. It says something like this " Your application for a UK Visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from July 19 to April 22".
Also the vignette shows Type of Visa as D - PARTNER (STANDARD) <Sponsor's Name>.

Just wondering others got their visa as above or should we be of any concern?

Following is the timeline if anyone would like to know

Application submission online - 08/05/2019
Biometrics/Document Submission at VFS New Delhi - 16/05/2019
UKVI emailed stating documents not received - 07/06/2019
Resubmitted documents at VFS London - 13/06/2019
Text/Email from VFS saying Visa has been processed - 01/07/2019
Passport delivered to home by the courier - 02/07/2019

Thank you.
Ray

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa granted but as Standard Partner on the letter and vignette ??

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:18 pm

rayree wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
Hi,

My wife's Family Settlement/Spouse Visa has finally been granted. I must say the Visa came quick (6 weeks from appointment/Biometrics) considering it was a non priority application.

Our concern however is that the approval letter says Partner (Standard) rather than Family Settlement/Spouse Visa. It says something like this " Your application for a UK Visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from July 19 to April 22".
Also the vignette shows Type of Visa as D - PARTNER (STANDARD) <Sponsor's Name>.

Thank you.
Ray
Its normal spouse visa under 5 years route and the accompanying letter must be indicating that from what date the BRP can be collected from local post office.

rayree
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa granted but as Standard Partner on the letter and vignette ??

Post by rayree » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:18 pm
rayree wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
Hi,

Thank you.
Ray
Its normal spouse visa under 5 years route and the accompanying letter must be indicating that from what date the BRP can be collected from local post office.
Thanks Seagul. Also another thing I have noticed on the letter is that it does not mention Name, Date of Birth and Nationality and UKVI Ref on the approval letter. The letter is addressed to my wife as " Dear < wife's first name> ". I checked this with another friends wife's approval letter as well and these details are definitely on the letter. That said, everything looks good in the vignette on the passport. Just wondering if this would be an issue when the immigration officer checks the letter when she arrives? I reckon they would have the details in their system though?

Snippet of the letter:

UK Visas
& Immigration

Name: <empty>
Date of Birth: <empty>
Nationality: <empty>

Our Ref: <empty>
27 June 2019

You must present this letter to the Immigration Officer upon arrival in the UK.

Dear xxxx,

Your application for a UK Visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from July 19 to April 22".