ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 divorce, Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carola106
Newly Registered
Poland

EEA 2 divorce, Help

Post by carola106 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi, I need advice.
I got married in 2014 to Indian, he gets EEa2 visa in August 2014 6 months after marriage, before he was illegally in the UK and came to the UK illegally. In 2014 Dec my daughter was born. When I was on maternity leave I spend all time in the house so I noticed that my husband has a big problem with drinking. He was very aggressive after alcohol and I was afraid of him but always next day he apologized and cried how bad he had a life. I give him a chance and I asked one of my siblings to came to the UK and help me with the child. Nothing changed so we moved to Scotland believed that changing the environment will help. NOO. We bought the house but was worse. I start calling the police when he was aggressive, he abused me verbally and mentally. One time I left my daughter with him for 2 hrs to go change tires in the car, when I came back he was drunk and was giving her shower she was screaming because he put water on her head, she was struggling with catching air. The Police came and took him he had a case in the court for abusing our daughter but the case was dropped. He doesn't want to move out and every time my solicitor send him the paper he throw it away. In August his visa is finished so what he can do? can he stay here? I informed HO about breaking marriage from 2016. From 4 years somebody from my family needs to be with me because of my security. I have anxiety and can't cope with all this. I cannot move out because he cannot read and write in English and he cant pay bills so I am afraid he can put me in debs.
Sorry for my grammar and it's difficult to write all that stuff :(

Blacksea28
Turkey

Re: EEA 2 divorce, Help

Post by Blacksea28 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 pm

carola106 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Hi, I need advice.
I got married in 2014 to Indian, he gets EEa2 visa in August 2014 6 months after marriage, before he was illegally in the UK and came to the UK illegally. In 2014 Dec my daughter was born. When I was on maternity leave I spend all time in the house so I noticed that my husband has a big problem with drinking. He was very aggressive after alcohol and I was afraid of him but always next day he apologized and cried how bad he had a life. I give him a chance and I asked one of my siblings to came to the UK and help me with the child. Nothing changed so we moved to Scotland believed that changing the environment will help. NOO. We bought the house but was worse. I start calling the police when he was aggressive, he abused me verbally and mentally. One time I left my daughter with him for 2 hrs to go change tires in the car, when I came back he was drunk and was giving her shower she was screaming because he put water on her head, she was struggling with catching air. The Police came and took him he had a case in the court for abusing our daughter but the case was dropped. He doesn't want to move out and every time my solicitor send him the paper he throw it away. In August his visa is finished so what he can do? can he stay here? I informed HO about breaking marriage from 2016. From 4 years somebody from my family needs to be with me because of my security. I have anxiety and can't cope with all this. I cannot move out because he cannot read and write in English and he cant pay bills so I am afraid he can put me in debs.
Sorry for my grammar and it's difficult to write all that stuff :(
Hi, Czesc
Sad story to hear...

Are you still married? How long you are married?

If you were married more than 3 years and lived in the uk at least 1 year, he can stay in the UK.

But if you sue him like violence against women, beating, abusing kid and divorce him due to such things,
Perhaps UK can revoke your husband's residency permit and deport him.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA 2 divorce, Help

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Please desist from writing in foreign language on the forum.

I will on this occassion delete all the foreign language writings, and proceed on the basis that it was done out of ignorance, if this conduct persists further action will be taken in relation to your membership of this forum.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors