ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo for Set O ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shubhendra
Mood:

Second employment Letter

Post by shubhendra » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:21 am

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR in two weeks time.

- My first Tier 2 General was with one employer starting 28/05/2014.
- I got another job the same year with another employer who sponsored me from 02/11/2014.

Question 1)
Do I need to get any letter from first employer too?

Recently I got in additional employment paying up to 20 hrs per week other than my main employer who sponsored me.

Question 2)
Do I need to get any letter from the additional employer too? Confirming that the job contract is under 20 hrs per week and falls under same job spec what my main employer is sponsoring me for?

Many Thanks
Shubhendra

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Second employment Letter

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 pm

1. Absence letter.

2. No. Your supplementary employment is irrelevant for ILR. Is your second job the same level and SOC as your main job??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:41 pm

1) Thanks

2) Yes, it matches the same job description as per the SOC of my main employer. Do I need to get a confirmation letter from the additional employment to confirm this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:47 pm

2. No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks!

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Sun May 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi,

Just received a letter from my first Employer (sponsor) for whom I work for 6 months of my 5 years Tier 2 General Visa time.

"Dear UK Visas and Immigration Office,

I would like to confirm that 'XXXXX' was sponsored by 'XXXXXX' starting 24/04/2014.

His Tier 2 General visa Biometric card reference number was 'XXXXXX' and was valid from 'xxxx' to 'xxxx'.

I can confirm that he did not take any annual leaves during his employment with 'xxxxx' to leave the country, his outstanding holiday was paid at the end of his employment.

The information outlined above is strictly confidential and without legal liability.

Kind regards
HR Officer
"

Should this suffice? I did not leave the country during the employment I had with the first sponsor.

Thanks

shubhendra
Mood:

Is Annual leaves important to specify in Employer Letter?

Post by shubhendra » Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,

We're applying for ILR with myself being on Tier 2 General and completed five years this month.

1) I could not find a proper policy guidance for Set (o) ILR. Is there one or UKVI have discontinued this practice?

2) My current sponsor said they can give a simple letter confirming my current employment, salary (which is above 40k) and that they still need me for the job. According to UKVI website this is all that is asked from the employer letter and there is no mention about Annual leaves or travel abroad to be specified in it as I am reading in the other posts on this forum. My employer want to follow what the website says.

Is it fine?

Thanks

mashayekh_hosein

Re: Is Annual leaves important to specify in Employer Letter?

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon May 06, 2019 12:14 pm

Read points 255-264 and also 272 in the Tier-2 policy guidance below:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3_2019.pdf
Point 257 especifically says: " including periods of annual leave."
Note that your letter should also specify the SOC code you are on.

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Thu May 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Many thanks for the document.

Do the employer have to specify other annual paid leaves for which I did not travel abroad too?

Thanks

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm

No.
Add only travel outside of UK.

shubhendra
Mood:

Query regarding ILR Application

Post by shubhendra » Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 am

Hi,

Applying through Tier 2 General to ILR.

When completing the ILR form online I came across the check list that asks the following:

"Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated
no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement
must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional
payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental
or adoption leave."

Does this mean I can only submit my current payslip and one month Statement that reflect that amount only?
Because I have been reading on this forum that, people are submitting 6 months to 12 months bank statements.

Another checklist item says:
If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the
same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were
last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself
and your spouse.

Does this mean I have to provide proof of until last two years only?

There is no document that has our joint names but have individual documents (NHS Letters, Bank Statements) coming to our same address. Is it fine to submit these?

Lastly, I have all letters from employers, banks dated last week. If I don't get a appointment slot in the next 4 weeks, will I have to get fresh letters from the employers and the banks?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query regarding ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 am

1. 6 to 12 months payslips is a completely different visa route to ILR than tier 2. Not all routes have the same requirements. Tier 2 is one month payslip and bank statement as a minimum.

2. Unclear from your post if a spouse is applying with you or not. If you are, then any letters from different sources for 3 years.

3. No, date of application is date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 am

Hi,

Sorry, yes my wife is applying as my spouse.

Their statement mentions "up to a maximum of two years", however it's following sentence says Evidence provided should cover the whole period

Will this be last two years (according to their first sentence)?
last three years (according to your reply)?
or five years (according to their second sentence)?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 am

2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shubhendra
Mood:

Photo for Set O ILR Application

Post by shubhendra » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 am

Hi,

We (My wife and I) have got an appointment for next Sunday for ILR Application at Croydon.

Everything looks good so far, but one thing we are not clear about is if we require to take PAssport size photos with us as no where during the application process it is said that photos are required. This is the new online process we are using.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Photo for Set O ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 am

if we require to take PAssport size photos
Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sachin Raja
India

Post by Sachin Raja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi Many thanks for the post, Can i understand that i don't need to take the photos for the appointment for my Tier 2 ILR coming July 2019?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Sachin Raja wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm
Hi Many thanks for the post, Can i understand that i don't need to take the photos for the appointment for my Tier 2 ILR coming July 2019?
No you don't. My answer was quite clear, wasn't it.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 am
if we require to take PAssport size photos
Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sachin Raja
India

Post by Sachin Raja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Absolutely!! sorry about asking it again. Really appreciate your patience and your intention to help people. You have sort of stimulated me to be helpful and active in this forum. Much appreciated

shubhendra
Mood:

Post by shubhendra » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am

Hi,

Just received an email for UKVI that we were granted the ILR.

Many thanks for your help here. It gave me confidence to not go with a solicitor.

Regards
Shubhendra