ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ict to general dependant. Does employer needs to be informed?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ict dependant to tier 2 general

Post by Mouli » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi,
I am currently on tier 2 ict dependant and my visa is expiring in July,2019 along with my kids and husband who is the main applicant. He is applying for a visa extension though.
I have got a job and will be getting cos by the end of this month( May).
I am planning to travel to my home country for getting tier 2 general in June. I have a few doubts
1. Should I get my ict dependant visa extended along with the kids and husband's visa before applying for tier 2 general.( in case my tier 2 general gets rejected still I will have ict dependant visa).
2. Should I apply my kids tier 2 general dependant along with me, or wait for my visa to come, travel to uk and apply dependant visa for the whole family(husband and kids).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ict dependant to tier 2 general

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:16 am

1. Your choice, but you will have to wait in the UK for your visa before you can travel to home county to apply for Tier 2 general if you can get a CoS. The disadvantage is that you have to pay IHS twice then.

2. Are they travelling to home country with you??

Note that whatever option you choose for your children, it is imperative that the other parent already has a visa otherwise their visas will likely fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 am

Hi,
So i am planning to travel to home country for tier 2 general with my kids( without applying tier 2 ict dependant extension).
My husband will stay back in uk and will get his tier 2 ict extended, which will be extended before my travel.
Now what i want to know is when i apply my and kids general visa from my home country, and if it gets rejected , does it mean that the entire fees for 3 candidates is 100% non refundable. How can i know what is the rejection rate and if I am being proposed a salary competent enough to apply tier 2 general.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:53 pm

If visa is refused you lose the fees. Only Ihs is refunded.

What is your SOC?

What is the salary you have been offered?

Has the proper RLMT process been done before you were offered the job?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Sat May 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Yes rlmt has been done.
SOC is 2136, salary: £42000.

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Sat May 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi ,
My husband has requested his employer to initiate the ict tier 2 visa extension process but his company wont start the process before the COS end month and that is july in our case.
Now again my problem is
1) if I travel to home country and apply for my and my kids tier 2 general in june , will the kids visa get rejected because my husband's visa is only upto july.( As above, cr001 said both parents should have visa for kids to get a visa).
2) if I apply my main aplicant visa in june, and then wait for my husband to get his ict tier 2 visa extended, travel to home country and then apply for tier 2 general dependant with kids in july. Will it be a problem for him, changing visas frequently?

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ict to general dependant. Does employer needs to be informed?

Post by Mouli » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi,
My husband is switching from tier 2 ict to tier 2 general dependant. Does he need to inform his employer?
We are currently in UK and our plan of action is as follows:
Whole family will travel to home country. I will get my tier 2 general and then apply for the family dependant visas from the home country.

Meanwhile, my husbands employer is also applying for a fresh cos (as his current one is ending ) here in uk. Will it create a problem as at the same time he will be in home country requesting tier 2 dependant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ict to general dependant. Does employer needs to be informed?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 pm

My husband is switching from tier 2 ict to tier 2 general dependant. Does he need to inform his employer?
Only once they have their dependent visa.
We are currently in UK and our plan of action is as follows:
Whole family will travel to home country. I will get my tier 2 general and then apply for the family dependant visas from the home country.
Dependents can switch within the UK, they do not have to apply from home country.
Meanwhile, my husbands employer is also applying for a fresh cos (as his current one is ending ) here in uk. Will it create a problem as at the same time he will be in home country requesting tier 2 dependant?
If the tier 2 general and dependent visas are refused or delayed (as many have experienced) and his ICT has expired, he won't have any way to return to the UK and will have to wait for a RCoS to apply outside the UK for another ICT visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi,
We will be applying priority visas so i guess it will take 5 days for my decision and another 5 days for dependants decision. His ict is expiring in 35 days so we are planning to finish this before that (in 20 days). Our backup plan is if we dont get a visa, he will come back and apply for gis extension. Is it ok or some issues with this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Priority does not guarantee you will get a decision within 5 days. Some members have posted waiting weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 pm

If i do not get visa in 5 days, he will come back. But say if i do get, and he applies for dependant. What are the chances of dependant visa getting refused? Can a dependant priority visa be also delayed( assuming that the main applicant got in 5 days)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:35 pm

What are the chances of dependant visa getting refused?
If he meets the requirements then no reason it should be refused.
Can a dependant priority visa be also delayed( assuming that the main applicant got in 5 days)?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Scenario 2: If i fly with my 2 kids only(husband being in uk) and apply for my visa and after getting a decision, their visa from the home country ( i cannot bring them back to uk and apply from uk as one of them is recently born in uk with no visa, hence wont be able to fly back to uk with them). And when we all come back then husband applying tier 2 dependant from uk. Will it be a problem for kids to get visa? As their father has only a month of ict visa left at the time of applying and they require both parents to have visa for kids to have visa

Mouli
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mouli » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Thanks for your help and apologies for inconvenience.
Please help with a few more queries
I will attach a cover letter with my documents for tier 2 general stating that why i am exempted for tb test
1. do i also need to give details/proof about my work experience and current employment state(resigned and serving notice period)?
2. I have received cos for job title: senior software engineer, job type: 2136, gross salary: 39000.
Is there any issues in getting the visa for this code?