ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application help and VFS global help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ffvis123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Spouse visa application help and VFS global help

Post by ffvis123 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am

Hi, I'm new to this page and I'm currently in the process of submitting my spouse visa application.

I have got engaged with my partner a few months ago but only met her a few days before marriage. I have explained this was arranged marriage with consent. We spoke for a while before we decided to get engaged. We did not meet at engagement party. However, everyday since we have got enganged we have been in contact and communicated via instant messaging and calls via whatsapp and fb messenger. What will the start date of my relationship be is it when I got engaged and we started to communicate via whatsapp etc ? We were engaged for approximately six months before I went to afghanistan and got married. I met her a week before we got married. I have currently selected my engagement date as start of relationship and mentioned dates in my sponsor letter. Is this okay? I will have evidence of chat saying how she is my fiance and soon to be my wife etc.

With the VFS document scanning I need a bit of help with this process? Do I simply make colour copies at home and go to the london centre and pay £75 pounds. Or will they scan and charge me extra? if so, how much extra? Do I need to take originals of the ielts A1 exam, marriage certificate etc or will I Just need to make photocopies of this.

My partner will need to travel to Pakistan for biometrics etc. So she will need to keep her current passport so she can travel back to afghanistan. If I apply for commercial partner it generates a different GWF number. Can my partner pay at VFS Pakistan to keep her current passport?

ffvis123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: Spouse visa application help and VFS global help

Post by ffvis123 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Do I need to certify sponsors passport?

Also does my partner need to send me anything from biometrics appointment? As in signed docs etc? Thanks