ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visa Application Cancelled - Refund not received

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saumyabrata
Newly Registered
India

UK Visa Application Cancelled - Refund not received

Post by Saumyabrata » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi,

I applied for Visitor Visa to UK for my father on 19th Aug,2018 at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk and made payment and booked for appoint with VFSGlobal on 23rd Aug, 2018. Following are the details:

Date: 19 Aug 2018
Name: Satyabrata Das
Visa: Visitor visa
Fee paid: 32522.00 INR
Reference: UKVI_3070006457032
Your visa appointment is at Kolkata at 23 Aug 2018 8:30 AM.

But after the payment I realized that I have made some mistake and hence cancelled the appointment and requested for refund on the same day that is 19th Aug,2018.

Immediately I got the following confrimation email from noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk with Subject UK visa application: refund requested.

UK Visas & Immigration
Refund requested

You have submitted a request for a visa application refund. You will receive an email when a decision is made, telling you whether your request has been successful.

If your request is successful, your money will be returned in the next 28 days.Your refund will be made to the same account you used when you paid for your application.

UK Visas and Immigration

50 days are over today and still I have not received any refund nor any further communication.

Please suggest if there is any hope of getting my money back or they have started easy money-making business from the mistakes in visa application.

Thanks,
Saumya

Pager07
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: UK Visa Application Cancelled - Refund not received

Post by Pager07 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:13 am

Have you received it now? I am still waiting for mines. They said it would be up in 4 weeks too but it has already been 4 weeks.

Saumyabrata
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saumyabrata » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:45 pm

No update yet.Don't think they are going to refund anything.

ajity84
Newly Registered
India

Post by ajity84 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi Saumyabrata, Pager07,

Did anyone of you get refund ? I am in similar situation now. Please advise.

Yorgo
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Yorgo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello,

Has anyone received any refund? I too am in a similar situation. It's been two weeks since I cancelled three visa applications for my family, and I still haven't even received an email on the decision to refund.

Any update is highly appreciated.

a_manoj21
Newly Registered
India

Post by a_manoj21 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:46 am

I do have a similar case I cancelled Tier2 dependant visa applications for my family 2 weeks ago. However there is no reply on decision. I am still able to reschedule the appointment date in vfs global site. It means application for cancellation is not yet considered.

I request users not just post the query/problem, please do reply as well once it is resolved with appropriate suggestions. I hope user will not mind it.

Yorgo
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Yorgo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my refund 18 working days after I first cancelled the visa applications. Their generic email said I would soon receive an email to let me know if my request has been successful, but I did not receive such email. The money has been finally credited back though and that's what matters eventually.

Cheers

a_manoj21
Newly Registered
India

Post by a_manoj21 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi All,
Although I did not get the decision email, I got the visa application fee refund yesterday after 4 weeks. Still waiting for IHS fee and VFS user services refunds. I sent the paid email to immigration and visa, however they sent generic email which is of no use.
Any way little bit relieved as my request for refund has been picked.

shahulahmmed
Newly Registered

Post by shahulahmmed » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Even my case also same and would like to know Did u get full refund or anything amount deducted?
Also did u fill and submitted any forms as part of refund?

oray2x
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by oray2x » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

Same here. I cancelled my UK visa application last June 25 (my VFS appointment date also). Received a generic email that my refund request was sent and awaiting decision. I checked my bank statement earlier and my visa application fee was already refunded (July 18). Still waiting for the IHS and VFS refunds - not sure how long will it take. Do you have any idea? I’ve read somewhere that it’ll take 6 weeks for the IHS. Is this true? Not sure for the VFS. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)