ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Spouse visa and husband working aboard

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaa0987
Newly Registered

Urgent! Spouse visa and husband working aboard

Post by aaa0987 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi guys,

I desperately need your help.

I have been granted a 2-year Spouse visa for the 5 years route. My husband has recently been offered an 11 months placement in Dublin which he will be moving there in July. We are and have been living together and are both on the tenancy agreement.

I have recently applied an Irish Visa for travelling which is currently in progress, however, I have been contacted by the Irish Embassy and they want me to make sure that this will not affect or withdraw my current Spouse visa as he will be living in Dublin for 11 months and this information will be shared to the Home Office once the application is gone through.

Can someone please let me know asap that whether or not should I continue with my Irish travel visa application and whether or not will it affect my Spouse visa?

Thank you all very much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Urgent! Spouse visa and husband working aboard

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Check carefully it should be valid for 30-33 months instead 2 years. Your existing visa won't be affected but its extension will be affected due to not being able to fulfill the cohabitation requirement.

Also in good old golden days people used to use Ireland to get 5 years of EU residence permit under surinder Singh route in UK. Keep an eye on it too
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aaa0987
Newly Registered

Post by aaa0987 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Check carefully it should be valid for 30-33 months instead 2 years. Your existing visa won't be affected but its extension will be affected due to not being able to fulfill the cohabitation requirement.

Also in good old golden days people used to use Ireland to get 5 years of EU residence permit under surinder Singh route in UK. Keep an eye on it too
Thank you for your prompt response.

My current spouse visa is due to extend in Feb 2021 and my husband will be back in the UK in June 2020. He will be flying back and forth every 2 weeks during his time working aboard. Will the prove of communication and travel be enough to fulfil the requirement?

Thanks a lot!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 pm

aaa0987 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

My current spouse visa is due to extend in Feb 2021 and my husband will be back in the UK in June 2020. He will be flying back and forth every 2 weeks during his time working aboard. Will the prove of communication and travel be enough to fulfil the requirement?

Thanks a lot!
Maybe still it won't work because sponsor & applicant both are expected to maintain their residence in UK despite there is no absence limit.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.