ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP says Home Office didn't receive Docs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rj68
Newly Registered

MP says Home Office didn't receive Docs

Post by rj68 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Contacted my MP regarding the application because I have paid for the Priority Service. It was working day 30.
His PA rang me to tell me that nothing has been decided because I haven't submitted any documents.

The next working day after my wife's biometrics I went to VFS in London and submitted them for scanning there. I paid the scanning fee. I have the receipts and they even wrote down their own unique code on the application form.

What on earth has gone wrong?!

I thought there is a cut off point for submitting documents? So if they really didn't receive the documents within that time frame, surely it would be an automatic refusal? This does seem all a bit odd?!

Has anyone experienced something similar? Does anyone have any idea of what will happen next?

I can only assume I won't be getting any decision made until the end of August/September at this rate...

rj68
Newly Registered

Re: MP says Home Office didn't receive Docs

Post by rj68 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

More info:

Biometrics: 3rd May
Docs scanned at VFS London: 7th May
Email saying Application is at Decision Making Centre: 16th May

manitops

Post by manitops » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm

what visa did you apply for.
I applied for SET(M) and also paid 24hrs priority but have heard nothing yet
rj68 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm
Contacted my MP regarding the application because I have paid for the Priority Service. It was working day 30.
His PA rang me to tell me that nothing has been decided because I haven't submitted any documents.

The next working day after my wife's biometrics I went to VFS in London and submitted them for scanning there. I paid the scanning fee. I have the receipts and they even wrote down their own unique code on the application form.

I thought there is a cut off point for submitting documents? So if they really didn't receive the documents within that time frame, surely it would be an automatic refusal? This does seem all a bit odd?!

Has anyone experienced something similar? Does anyone have any idea of what will happen next?

I can only assume I won't be getting any decision made until the end of August/September at this rate...

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 pm

manitops wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm
what visa did you apply for.
I applied for SET(M) and also paid 24hrs priority but have heard nothing yet
rj68 wrote:

Spouse Visa first application

Yuss100
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yuss100 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 pm

I went vfs London 31/5/2019 to submitting my support documents this normal standard application until to day18/6/2019 no any email or acknowledged
Just need your help guy nomal how long is take to ukvi at list acknowledged to tell me they receive my application

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 pm

rj68 wrote:

No one has experienced this? Even the admin in this group? :(

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 pm

rj68 wrote:

Hi mate,

Did you get an email saying, your application is currently being considered by an entry officer?

Or did you not receive any email after your wife’s biometric?

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 pm
rj68 wrote:

Hi mate,

Did you get an email saying, your application is currently being considered by an entry officer?

Hey :)

MP informed me on 14th June that the HO are claiming that no documents were submitted. I am still awaiting further information from the MP.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:50 am

► Show Spoiler
rj68 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 pm
rj68 wrote:

Hi mate,

Hey :)

MP informed me on 14th June that the HO are claiming that no documents were submitted. I am still awaiting further information from the MP.
Hi

Well for me, when I completed my online application, they told me to send my supporting documents to PO box, Sheffield, etc.. Then I got an email to say send to Vulcan house, then after my wife's biometric, it say's if you haven't send the supporting documents. I can get it scanned at VFS walk in centre.

It's been over 3 weeks and I haven't received my documents back, I've called and emailed home office asking to confirm if they received it but they are unable to check and it is not their department etc. All they said is, if they didn't receive it, someone would of contacted me by now, so it seems like they have got it.

I've contacted my MP regarding this, I was told to make an appointment with him. But I've sent an email enquiry to home office yesterday asking them to double check and check with the right department. I've spent like over £20+ calling and emailing them till now...

So therefore, I totally understand your pain.