ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seekit

Naturalization - question

Post by seekit » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi, My wife is applying for naturalization and she has just submitted online form and made payment. We booked a free appointment through Sopra Steria. They are asking to upload the documents but it was also mentioned somewhere they provide upload for a fee but we couldn't find that service. It only shows translation service to be bought. Do we need to upload all documents or can we just take originals on the day and they will do it for us for free or with a charge. If they charge how much?

Secondly homeoffice site mentioned that we download referee declaration forms and get them signed by our Referees. It says write your name on the back of photo and glue it to the form. If we write name and put glue what will be the benefit how would someone see whats written on the back if its glued? a bit confused.

Can someone please reply who recently applied?

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Naturalization - question

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 am

They are asking to upload the documents but it was also mentioned somewhere they provide upload for a fee but we couldn't find that service. It only shows translation service to be bought. Do we need to upload all documents or can we just take originals on the day and they will do it for us for free or with a charge. If they charge how much?
Upload digital scans of your documents before appointment. They will check the scans on the day of your appointment and will scan any document again if required. There is no fee to pay. No need to pay for any extra service
Secondly homeoffice site mentioned that we download referee declaration forms and get them signed by our Referees. It says write your name on the back of photo and glue it to the form. If we write name and put glue what will be the benefit how would someone see whats written on the back if its glued? a bit confused.
No need to write the name on the back of the photos. All forms will be scanned and physical copies are not taken.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seekit

Post by seekit » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi, Would we need to submit the original passport with our application or do we need to just scan it? As passport is the proof for being in the UK for last 3 years, do we need to scan each and every page?

Thanks

ItsRainingAgain
Pakistan

Post by ItsRainingAgain » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm

seekit wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:48 pm
Hi, Would we need to submit the original passport with our application or do we need to just scan it? As passport is the proof for being in the UK for last 3 years, do we need to scan each and every page?

Thanks
Just in case provide all pages, better to be safe !

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm

No original docs will be taken from you, it is all scanned. Upload pages with exit/entry stamps
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seekit

Post by seekit » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am

Thanks for responses. We've scanned all the pages of passport in colour. Will it be fine or do we need to do it in black&White only?
Also for proof of living in UK is passport sufficient? As it contains entry/exit stamps or shall we provide P60 or other similar documents?

For proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Is Bio-metric ILR card a proof?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for responses. We've scanned all the pages of passport in colour. Will it be fine or do we need to do it in black&White only?
mm it's fine as long as they are within the size limit and are clear.
Also for proof of living in UK is passport sufficient? As it contains entry/exit stamps or shall we provide P60 or other similar documents?
Passports only.
For proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Is Bio-metric ILR card a proof?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.