ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for dependents when main applicant is on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

narenm
Newly Registered
India

Extension for dependents when main applicant is on ILR

Post by narenm » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Gurus,

I need some advice here, i entered UK in 2013 on Tire 2 general category visa and my dependent joined me after a year on PBS Dependent Visa.

i got my ILR in October 2018 now my dependent's visa (PBS Dependent Visa) was coming to expire in a months time.
Hence my dependent joined me after few years of my entry into UK, she is sill having few months to get eligible for ILR.

Here are my question that needs clarification-

-> when applying for extension what category should we apply for! i was browsing for answers and i found some blogs where they say in this situation we have to go for PBS dependent visaextension again, but i am not sure if that is true. If true i have one more trouble here, My COS got expired already and hence i am on ILR i no more have a COS.
if we have to apply for Tire 2 understand that for tire 2 dependent application one have to mention main applicants COS reference number and length of main applicants COS.

Can you please clarify under which category we have to apply extension for!

Best Regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Extension for dependents when main applicant is on ILR

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 pm

If you achieved your ILR through tier 2 then she can apply extension on same route. Otherwise if you received your ILR through 10 years long residence then she will have to switch into spouse visa where her previously spent towards ILR wouldn't be counted and new clock will start.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

narenm
Newly Registered
India

Post by narenm » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:15 am

Hi Seagul,

Many Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes I achieved ILR through tire 2 general route, will apply for my wife’s visa extension via PBS dependent route.

I have a question for here

if we have to apply for PBS dependent I see on the application I have to fill in main applicants COS reference number and length of main applicants COS.
But My COS got expired already and hence i am on ILR i no more have a COS.Any idea how to overcome this.

Best Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 am

You complete the details from your last tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

narenm
Newly Registered
India

Post by narenm » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 am

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention it before that after I got ILR I moved on to different employer, I am no longer with the employer who issued COS to me before.

Will that be any problem when my wife applies for extension with COS details which are issued by my previous employer.

Best Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 am

Who your employer is now is irrelevant
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

narenm
Newly Registered
India

Post by narenm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:13 am

Hi There,

Many thanks for the advice and answers I received,
Can you please provide me supporting documents check list for PBS’s dependent visa application.

I have one more question I understand that pay slips for past 3 months are required, I now have a situation where changed employer last month which means I can provide 2 payslips from my last employer and 1 from new employer. Will there any issue!!

Regards,
Naren

narenm
Newly Registered
India

Post by narenm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:26 am

Hi All,

Can someone please respond to my questions!

Naren