ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get a Temporary Residence Card in Poland for English language course?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakib677
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Can I get a Temporary Residence Card in Poland for English language course?

Post by rakib677 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 am

Hi everyone! I am Rakib, from Bangladesh. In 2017, I went to Lithuania from Bangladesh, for my Master studies. My Master study is not finished yet (1 year remaining). I was thinking to move to another Schengen country from Lithuania. I have a Temporary Residence Permit from Lithuania for study purpose (this TRP allows me to travel to any Schengen country). Some days ago, I came to Poland, to visit Warsaw. Right now, I am in Warsaw.

I want to get admitted to a English language course in Poland. If I get necessary documents from a university/language center in Poland, will I be eligible to apply for a Temporary Residence Card (TRC) from within Poland? If yes, will they give me TRC? How long do they take to give a decision?

When my application will be in process, will I be allowed to do part-time job?

If I am Not eligible to apply/get a TRC, please explain why.

Please reply me asap. Thanks a lot....

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Can I get a Temporary Residence Card in Poland for English language course?

Post by ALKB » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 pm

rakib677 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 am
Hi everyone! I am Rakib, from Bangladesh. In 2017, I went to Lithuania from Bangladesh, for my Master studies. My Master study is not finished yet (1 year remaining). I was thinking to move to another Schengen country from Lithuania. I have a Temporary Residence Permit from Lithuania for study purpose (this TRP allows me to travel to any Schengen country). Some days ago, I came to Poland, to visit Warsaw. Right now, I am in Warsaw.

I want to get admitted to a English language course in Poland. If I get necessary documents from a university/language center in Poland, will I be eligible to apply for a Temporary Residence Card (TRC) from within Poland? If yes, will they give me TRC? How long do they take to give a decision?

When my application will be in process, will I be allowed to do part-time job?

If I am Not eligible to apply/get a TRC, please explain why.

Please reply me asap. Thanks a lot....
Just for clarification:

1. You want to drop out of your half-finished Master degree programme?

2. You want to study the English language in Poland, you do not plan on transferring to a different Masters programme at a Polish university?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

rakib677
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by rakib677 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am

Hi ..
1) yes, I want to drop out

2) I am not sure about whether I will transfer to a masters program after English language course in Poland.

Could you please reply asap? Thanks....

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm

rakib677 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am
Hi ..
1) yes, I want to drop out

2) I am not sure about whether I will transfer to a masters program after English language course in Poland.

Could you please reply asap? Thanks....
Maybe somebody from Poland can comment on this, but I do not know any European country that would give a residence permit/work permission based on a language course that does not teach an official language of that country.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.