ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My spouse visa application experiences

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamakhaa

My spouse visa application experiences

Post by hamakhaa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,
Got my wife's spouse visa application accepted successfully and wanted to share my experience:

1. Took around 23 working days after the biometric. This was the priority application.

2. It was advised here by one of the forum expert that I would need a noc/permission letter from the landlord. It was also advised do not apply if you do not get this letter and do not have a tenancy agreement with my wife's name on it. I did not provide the letter but still got the visa. I did submit tenancy agreement (with my name only), housing report, pictures of my flat, cover letter that corroborate the 2 month rent etc. In short don't think the noc/permission letter is a mandatory thing at least for a flat/house that you renting on your own.

3. Going to VFS centres and submitting documents seems to be the easier option, yes they charge you for that. I tried uploading the documents but I faced lot of errors using it therefore decided against uploading myself

4. I came up with a very strong cover letter detailing everything. I even created a table specifiying the salary and reference to the transaction in the bank statement. I think if you explain in the cover letter everything about the application that helps.

5. For proving relationship, I submitted multiple documents like, 3-4 months wtsapp chat, 5 photos, marriage certificate, flight/travel ticket printouts, my son's hospital record as he was born last year.

6. Paylsip: I got the payslips from my employer HR system, therefore it was a digital version of payslip. I just printed them without providing any stamps/signature from employee etc. I did get letter from employer but it did not confirm the authenticity of the payslip. It just confirmed my employment, designation, duration, salary. My view is that when you upload the copy, the digital version or the hard copy is the same, there is no way to identify if the copy that you have uploaded is digital or hard copy version.

To summarise, if you have good job with good paying salary working in the a reputable organisation your application is simple. The problem comes in where you are not able to convince that you can afford accommodation, maintenance etc due to lack of funds. That's where more strict scrutiny starts. This is just my opinion i may be 100% wrong. But that's how I see this process.

smithy101

Re: My spouse visa application experiences

Post by smithy101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 pm

This was helpful. 23 working days turn around is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

I am too having problems uploading, were you able to just walk into the VFS Center in Wilson Street and have them upload it for you? Any appointment etc necessary? I have started the upload process already, what would happen with the documents already uploaded, or would it be easier if I kept it simple with only say a Passport or Completed Application as my one document upload so I know where to continue when/if I get to the VFS center in London?

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm

I did at Manchester centre. No appointment required. I tried uploading first but then decided against it. And removed the ones which I uploaded. Then went to the VFC manchester centre.

Dont think it is a good idea to upload some docs yourself and then upload through the vfs centre some of them. I would advice to by consistent and use one method. Why to confuse case worker? Again this is just my opinion.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:12 pm

2. It was advised here by one of the forum expert that I would need a noc/permission letter from the landlord. It was also advised do not apply if you do not get this letter and do not have a tenancy agreement with my wife's name on it. I did not provide the letter but still got the visa. I did submit tenancy agreement (with my name only), housing report, pictures of my flat, cover letter that corroborate the 2 month rent etc. In short don't think the noc/permission letter is a mandatory thing at least for a flat/house that you renting on your own.
Dangerous maneuver because landlord noc letter is mandatory if the tenancy agreement is not in joint named. You succeeded but it may not work for other because its mandatory to meet the accomodation requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm

hamakhaa wrote:

5. For proving relationship, I submitted multiple documents like, 3-4 months wtsapp chat, 5 photos, marriage certificate, flight/travel ticket printouts, my son's hospital record as he was born last year.

I too have Whats-app communication going over a few months. Did you print yours double sided or single paged? Does it even matter? Maybe a silly question but have found I do have to question everything with this "experience".

Do I need to have any document separators or anything like that?

Thanks for your help.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Sorry dont think it is mandatory, i confirmed with a qualified immigration lawyer he said that it is not mandatory, home office may ask for it so he usually recommend to include it but not the mandatory thing.

seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

Dangerous maneuver because landlord noc letter is mandatory if the tenancy agreement is not in joint named. You succeeded but it may not work for other because its mandatory to meet the accomodation requirement.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:15 pm

I did single sided. The scanner that they at the VFS centre are pretty good they scan double sided paper. One of my document was two sided and I was a bit worried while scanning was happening. the officer there told me dont worry double sided will be scanned. So it is upto you. I would recommend single sided.

No paper clips, staple etc. On vfs website there are bar code separators docs for each of the section. You should print them out and set your documents accordingly. Download from here:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... -documents

I made two sets, original and a set of photocopy. They do not use original for scanning and will ask for photocopy of all documents.

Hope this helps.
smithy101 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

I too have Whats-app communication going over a few months. Did you print yours double sided or single paged? Does it even matter? Maybe a silly question but have found I do have to question everything with this "experience".

Thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm
Sorry dont think it is mandatory, i confirmed with a qualified immigration lawyer he said that it is not mandatory, home office may ask for it so he usually recommend to include it but not the mandatory thing.

seagul wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

There are numerous experiences where member's cases got even aggravated with some qualified solicitor advice. Noc letter is indeed mandatory because without landlord's permission its subletting which breaches the tenancy agreement. And HO also don't accept it over fulfilling accomodation requirement because accomodation is not officially in exclusive use/control of your family.

accommodation
The ECO should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:

it is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple (see definition in section below); and
it is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985 (see MAA134).
Depending on the circumstances of the case, there may be other relevant factors; for example, the ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting (see below).
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:23 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:15 pm
I did single sided. The scanner that they at the VFS centre are pretty good they scan double sided paper. One of my document was two sided and I was a bit worried while scanning was happening. the officer there told me dont worry double sided will be scanned. So it is upto you. I would recommend single sided.

No paper clips, staple etc. On vfs website there are bar code separators docs for each of the section. You should print them out and set your documents accordingly. Download from here:

I made two sets, original and a set of photocopy. They do not use original for scanning and will ask for photocopy of all documents.

Hope this helps.
smithy101 wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

Thanks for your help.
I have whatsapp conversation over past eight months. Do I need to attach the whole eight months? or would I be better of taking screenshots for the past eight months and only including chat transcript for a few months? If so, how many months do you recommend?

Did you also copy the marriage certificate, TB medical certificate and ielts A1 certificate or did they view originals at VFS global centre? Did you get the applicant to send a signed application front cover at all? Thanks

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:23 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

Hope this helps.
smithy101 wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

Thanks for your help.
I have whatsapp conversation over past eight months. Do I need to attach the whole eight months? or would I be better of taking screenshots for the past eight months and only including chat transcript for a few months? If so, how many months do you recommend?

Did you also copy the marriage certificate, TB medical certificate and ielts A1 certificate or did they view originals at VFS global centre? Did you get the applicant to send a signed application front cover at all? Thanks
I could have provided around 7-8 months worth of chat. I just choose to provide for 4-5 months and they were not even from all of the days. A lot depends on the amount of chat you have and that will be different for you. So it is completely your call to decide what is the minimum amount is for you. I would suggest to provide as much as humanly possible to print etc. I did not provide screen shots just the exported chat history.

Yes copy of everything. I made original set and a set of photocopy of all docs. They have not seen any original docs, inface they asked to provide just the copy and not original because they want to take risk of using orignal while scanning. But please take the original set too just in case.

We applied through access UK, once the biometric was done my wife couriered me the generated document checklist that I put right at the front of the docs to be uploaded. The officer in the vfs centre scanned the document checklist along with the set of photocopies.

Hope this helps.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:45 am

How did I get the visa if it is mandatory? This suggest it is not an absolute mandatory requirement.

I do respect your opinion but tend to disagree.
seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

seagul wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

There are numerous experiences where member's cases got even aggravated with some qualified solicitor advice. Noc letter is indeed mandatory because without landlord's permission its subletting which breaches the tenancy agreement. And HO also don't accept it over fulfilling accomodation requirement because accomodation is not officially in exclusive use/control of your family.

accommodation
The ECO should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:

it is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple (see definition in section below); and
it is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985 (see MAA134).
Depending on the circumstances of the case, there may be other relevant factors; for example, the ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting (see below).

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 am

hamakhaa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

Hope this helps.
smithy101 wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I could have provided around 7-8 months worth of chat. I just choose to provide for 4-5 months and they were not even from all of the days. A lot depends on the amount of chat you have and that will be different for you. So it is completely your call to decide what is the minimum amount is for you. I would suggest to provide as much as humanly possible to print etc. I did not provide screen shots just the exported chat history.

Yes copy of everything. I made original set and a set of photocopy of all docs. They have not seen any original docs, inface they asked to provide just the copy and not original because they want to take risk of using orignal while scanning. But please take the original set too just in case.

We applied through access UK, once the biometric was done my wife couriered me the generated document checklist that I put right at the front of the docs to be uploaded. The officer in the vfs centre scanned the document checklist along with the set of photocopies.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for replying. I will just submit eight months worth and screenshots. Or I might just send screenshots and use for months worth.

I will also take originals and copies folder. My partner will be applying from visa4uk as she is outside of the uk. Will she need to post me the original front cover page of the application? I understand she needs to take to the biometrics appointment or can she just send it via email and I print and attach. This is the only thing hat really confuses me. Also, did you get your passport copy certified/attested? If so, by who? Thanks

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 am
hamakhaa wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
hamakhaa wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for replying. I will just submit eight months worth and screenshots. Or I might just send screenshots and use for months worth.

I will also take originals and copies folder. My partner will be applying from visa4uk as she is outside of the uk. Will she need to post me the original front cover page of the application? I understand she needs to take to the biometrics appointment or can she just send it via email and I print and attach. This is the only thing hat really confuses me. Also, did you get your passport copy certified/attested? If so, by who? Thanks

You can either use visa4uk or access UK system. I used access UK. For visa4uk, I think the front page of the application form is required but please confirm with others. I asked my wife to courier me the document checklist as it has the signature from my wife and the office from the biometric appt, so I though better to get it as original and then get scanned. It may take few days to get to you but I thought it is worth a bit of delay. But that is just my approach.

As a sponsor yes I did attested my passport copy by the solicitor.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am

hamakhaa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 am
hamakhaa wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hope this helps.

You can either use visa4uk or access UK system. I used access UK. For visa4uk, I think the front page of the application form is required but please confirm with others. I asked my wife to courier me the document checklist as it has the signature from my wife and the office from the biometric appt, so I though better to get it as original and then get scanned. It may take few days to get to you but I thought it is worth a bit of delay. But that is just my approach.

As a sponsor yes I did attested my passport copy by the solicitor.
Hi thanks once again. What country did you apply through? I thought access uk was only from the uk. My partner will be applying from Pakistan. With access uk did you have to attach vaf appendix two.

Is is mandatory to get sponsors passport attested. The gov uk site states copies but nothing about it being attested so I'm unsure. How much does it cost? Also, can I have it attested after submitting the application but before sending the supporting documents? Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:45 am
How did I get the visa if it is mandatory? This suggest it is not an absolute mandatory requirement.

I do respect your opinion but tend to disagree.
seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm
hamakhaa wrote:

seagul wrote:

accommodation

But I will remain stand on my words that without noc letter/landlord's permission you will be in breach of tenancy which won't meet accomodation requirement. Doesn't matter whether you got the visa but it couldn't be considered as a guide for others too who can't pass.