ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vfinancials

ILR Eligibility Date

Post by vfinancials » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi, Anyone can help me with the eligibility date for ILR for the given below dates please. Thanks

Tier 1 ENT (Dependent)

ENTRY CLEARANCE ISSUED: 17-07-2014
DATE OF ENTRY in UK: 10-08-2014

Which of the below will be eligible date for applying ILR:

20-06-2019
or
13-07-2019

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Eligibility Date

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm

As has been answered 100s of times, no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm
As has been answered 100s of times, no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date!!
Thanks then why people confuse it with date of entry instead date of issue of initial visa.. I have viewed alot of mixed up opinions that forced me to ask it again. So today I can apply for visa. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 am

Date of entry applies to certain visas.

Date of initial visa start date applies to other visas.

All visa categories have different immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 am
Date of entry applies to certain visas.

Date of initial visa start date applies to other visas.

All visa categories have different immigration rules.
Thanks.. My wife decision is pending for her extension as my ILR decision has not been made yet..
From Yesterday she is eligible to apply for ILR. Should I switch her application to ILR? Will it save her previous extension Fee and IHS? Any Merits and Demerits for this switching please. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Your PBS dependant cannot get ILR unless your PBS ILR application is either granted or was granted beforehand. You must wait for your ILR decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 pm
Your PBS dependant cannot get ILR unless your PBS ILR application is either granted or was granted beforehand. You must wait for your ILR decision
HO already held her extension application pending till they decide my ILR, so obviously, if I apply ILR, they will hold it till my ILR is granted same way they held her extension.

Question is: would it be wise to do apply now to save her extension application Fee and IHS fee as she has completed her 5 years as my dependent? Is she able to switch from LTR to ILR? Considering my application go smooth..

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm

vfinancials wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm
Question is: would it be wise to do apply now to save her extension application Fee and IHS fee as she has completed her 5 years as my dependent? Is she able to switch from LTR to ILR? Considering my application go smooth..
You can vary her application to ILR.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Sure
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 pm
Sure
Thanks, I do vary her application today.. Thanks for clearing my mind.. I was just confused to do or not..

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:23 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 pm
I have received my ILR on 27th dated 25th. I applied for my Wife ILR on 27th that will vary her application from PBS Extension. My Question is how can I know if its not decided yet and how to get a refund. I did not receive any approval email or my wife BPR card since last 2 days so looks like it has not been touched after my approval. How to ask for refund or should I wait for my wife ILR. I applied Super priority. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Wait for her ILR. Refund will be issued automatically. IHS fees are non refundable though

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:06 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:04 pm
Wait for her ILR. Refund will be issued automatically. IHS fees are non refundable though
Thanks.. I have received her previous application fee refunded into my bank account. Her appointment is after two weeks. Thanks