ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WorldI
Newly Registered

Questions

Post by WorldI » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 pm

A couple of questions:
1) One of the reasons I seek this visa is that I had not managed to conclude my studies, while on a Tier 4 visa, yet. The Designated Competent Body provided the endorsement in knowledge this fact. However I forgot to mention 'continuation of studies' as intended activity in the application form. On the other hand, I mentioned most of the other activities I'll be involved in (business, contractor work, etc). My application has already been submitted and fees paid. Do you think I should cancel the application, get a refund and start from scratch, this time, mentioning the study activity?

2) I erroneously stated my intended date of travel. Can this trigger a refusal on deception grounds?

3) Does the amount of paperwork to be submitted impact on the processing time? The only requirement is the endorsement letter plus passport. I'll be using Priority anyway.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Police update failure

Post by WorldI » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:15 pm

1) I have just realised that I should have updated my passport with the police three years ago, when I got a new one. Do you think this completely voids all my chances to have entry clearance, under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent, approved? I come from Tier 4, so cannot switch in-country. I emailed the local police force and got the impression they were understanding. The Officer who replied to the message, said this information was missing from Home Office information sheet. I will pop by the police station this week to resolve this.

2) I have temporarily changed address this year (from March to April), I live in a different address. Since then, I returned to live in the pre-March address. Would that make a big difference to police? The BRP I was issued in 2016, after my passport, did not state "Police Registration". I concluded there was no need to update address anymore. This BRP was registered with the police as normal. Interesting is that, when I handed in the BRP plus new passport, the BRP number got stamped onto my new passport, however the new passport was not endorsed on the police certificate. I registered with the police upon my arrival to the UK 5 years ago normally, and have not left the country for over 2 months.

3) Is it common to have to submit ALL my personal details again every time your details change - albeit slightly - with the police?

4) I get the impression that entry clearance may be issued even with a known immigration breach. Any advice on how to prevent my application from being refused on general grounds?

WorldI
Newly Registered

Re: Questions

Post by WorldI » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

5) Do you think that, even if the police doesn't stamp the 'late report' warning on the certificate, I can get into trouble at entry clearance. Should I disclose this fact in the visa application even without police warning?

6) My current Tier 4 leave expires this September. Does that make any difference?

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Did you submit out-of-country stage 2 application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa?

If so, there is not much you can do at this point. Just wait for the outcome.

If HO approves your application, take your police certificate to OVRO or local station, tell your story and update information. If HO declines application, you'll know the reasons.

I highly suggest to check OVRO website about future updates and ask officers to follow it literally. If they miss something, just point this out. Unfortunately, it's your job to track all details in this case.

Good luck! :)

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi,

I've been to the police station today and had the certificate updated. Only the new passport was updated. I'd also missed updating a temporary (one month) change of address, but the officer didn't see a need to update the certificate with it. This is probably because I returned to the address previously registered with the police.

No 'late reporting warning' stamp on the certificate. Also, provided a supporting letter from the GP.

I've spoken to an immigration lawyer and he doesn't see a problem with that.The university immigration adviser also does not think this constitutes breach of immigration law - this is an issue with the police and, apparently they're happy with it. She doesn't believe this could affect an entry clearance application from outside of the UK.

However, I still have the question about whether, although I wasn't warned by the police, they could've placed a note on their internal systems, which in turn can be accessed by HO/ECOs? I was advised by the lawyer there was no need to mention the passport office on the visa application.

After listening to two distinct immigration advisers, I'm satisfied that this should not be a problem. Should I still be worried, nonetheless?

To be honest, it'd be totally devastating having undergone all the process to obtain one of the very best UK visas, to realise that I can't actually get it, because of a silly mistake you made three years ago (late passport reporting). A very important lesson was learnt here though.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi. Ok, I've now spoken to three immigration advisers about this police issue and entry clearance and none of them think that will be a concern. The police is aware of late reporting and chose to ignore this in light of (justified) medical conditions.

Fingers crossed, I should be fine. Anxiously waiting for my biometrics appointment.

Regards.

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 pm

You should really stop worrying about things you cannot change. :)

If OVRO officer says it's okay, it's probably okay. I think what really matters for HO is that your current certificate is up to date.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi. The certificate is up-to-date. But, the certificate is not required while applying from overseas. This is going to be my first visa change and I've been through a long journey to get it. I rolled my whole time as a Tier 4 Student. The late police reporting was the most critical failure I've found.

I'll be paying for priority service at the VFS centre. Hope this issue will not delay the application substantially.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Hello,

I'm applying for a Tier 1 ET (Stage 2) from outside the UK. If I have to submit an administrative review following a refusal decision, can I travel to the UK while the administrative review is processed?

No decision has been made yet, but as you can imagine, I'm pretty anxious about that.

UKVI informed me that I cannot travel while the application is still being processed (even if I had purchased for the 'keep your passport while travelling' service at VFS). Can someone confirm that?

Kind regards.

nedaghr
Newly Registered

Post by nedaghr » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi,
I have question similar to your 3rd question. Did you find out what type of supporting document to submit and whether it helps the stage 2 application or just make the processing slower?

could you also check my question and see if you know the answer?
uk-tier-1-exceptional-talent-visas/tier ... 84681.html

Thanks,
NG

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello. My advice is to submit documents explicitly requested by UKVI only. If they deem further documentation is required, they'll contact you. Sending too much additional information without request is pointless.

However, make sure you have any potential documents handy. For instance, police registration certificates, school diplomas, former visa application documents, etc. In case UKVI requests any of these, you'll be able to send them without delay.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 pm

My passport with the visa arrived today. So happy to read the words "TIER 1 EXCEPTIONAL TALENT MIGRANT" written on it. Definitely, it's a new beginning.

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Congratulations! 8)

nedaghr
Newly Registered

Post by nedaghr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:16 pm

WorldI wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Hello. My advice is to submit documents explicitly requested by UKVI only. If they deem further documentation is required, they'll contact you. Sending too much additional information without request is pointless.

However, make sure you have any potential documents handy. For instance, police registration certificates, school diplomas, former visa application documents, etc. In case UKVI requests any of these, you'll be able to send them without delay.
Hi,
Thank you and congratulations!