ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olive99
Newly Registered

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by olive99 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:40 pm

Nhr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am
I submitted my documents on Saturday in Croydon. It wasn't busy. Only, please be careful with the navigator on your phone. It might give you the wrong direction. It took me some time to find the place, but it is ok if you are late for your appointment time because they don't really care.

The lady who was checking my documents was nice but not very good at her job. She was basically almost sleeping. She said that she just had her lunch and very sleepy!!! She asked me why I applauded blank pages of my passport on the system, which I didn't. I said that I didn't and worried they were not appearing in the system and then she said it was ok because she was looking at the wrong place. Then she was about the submit my application and she asked me if I applauded my BRP :shock: I said that I thought you already had checked it and she was oh, let me check it again !!! I didn't want to be nasty, but she really annoyed me. Hopefully, documents went properly.

I recommend you upload your documents by yourself if you can because some of the agents are not taking it seriously. Also, they do not have any chairs to sit down during the process. If you need to stay long because of scan, it could be tiring.

Any idea, how long it takes to get result?

Thanks
I attended my appointment yesterday and had a similar experience. Very concern if all documents had been uploaded. Fingers crossed.

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi,
I have started to collect documents for applying for British citizenship.I checked supporting documents but I was confused.Can you tell me please what they are below.Thank you very much.
a)Home office travel document
b)Home office entitlement card
c)Home office ARC card
(Should I use one of them for evidence of my identity?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Daisy99 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 pm
Hi,
I have started to collect documents for applying for British citizenship.I checked supporting documents but I was confused.Can you tell me please what they are below.Thank you very much.
a)Home office travel document
b)Home office entitlement card
c)Home office ARC card
(Should I use one of them for evidence of my identity?)
You were asked in February already to please start your own topic with your questions.

This thread is not for application questions, it is for experience of the new service once already applied!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Sorry about it

gordon750
Newly Registered

Post by gordon750 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm

sghughes42 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 pm
"If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply
letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s...
Looks like we might have to delay this slightly then to have enough evidence. We only have what we used for the ILR application which is 2.5 years plus the few months since then. Only a few months more needed to meet the 3 years though.

I'd be very interested to know why only Taiwan and Northern Cyprus are singled out this way. Oh, and it says we must send the passport - does this still apply, or do we just need to show it and the UKVCAS appointment?
As for centers, I referred to HO website for an updated guidance because there is very little this forum can do in terms of why there are few centers or when more will be opened.
Sorry, I think my reply came across wrongly there. I was hoping that with the experience and insight on here someone might have heard about more centres, the various websites related to this are very scant on information and to be honest I don't have much faith on them being improved any time soon.

The UKVI announcement for this new service also mentions that 'on demand' and 'mobile' services will be available, for example on university campuses. Has anyone managed to locate any further information relating to this? My wife works at Sheffield Uni but no-one there is aware that this can / will be happening.
Hi, I’d be very interested in hearing how your wife’s application is going and if there have been any issues. My wife is also Taiwanese and has her appointment tomorrow. Where did you find out about Taiwan and Northern Cyprus being treated differently?

Thanks

gordon750
Newly Registered

Post by gordon750 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Appointment in Glasgow (St. Vincent Street) went fine today and took about 40 mins in total. They said they take 8 applicants per hour and there were 7 or 8 there at the time. The place is quite small so they would only let my wife go in, me and the kids had to wait outside. Some people did manage to get their kids in though. They said if there’s a language issue then the applicant can be accompanied.

They only scanned her passport, and not all pages, although we had already scanned everything including all pages of her passport. We only brought the documents that were requested. 7 or 8 weeks was mentioned as an estimated time before the application is complete.

Migrant18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Migrant18 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 am

Hello Guys,

I’ve used UKVAS online + Sopra Steria for biometrics and Ive also scanned and downloaded my supporting documents prior to biometric.

Online was Feb 4 and biometric + they scanned my passport and permanent resident card Feb 18. Until now no email of confirmation about my case at all. Funny thing is that I am the only person on the biometrci appointment by Sopra in east London site🤔.

No email or mail confirmation and its pure waiting game until now. I dont know how can I ask UKVCAS about my application. I’ve done by payed email but their asking about reference number starting with GW (like the ones we have in previous old application) I only have my payment reference under UKVI receipt.

Should I call them directly? What reference should I quote??

Hayysss😔

Migrant18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Migrant18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 am

Hello Guys,

Does anybody know how to contact UKVI for updates? When I did my application online and attended Biometrics there has been no confirmation of my application through post or email.

Is this a problem because its been almost 3 months now.

Many thanks to those who will reply ba

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 am

I’ve applied nearly 2 months ago and I’ve never received any email from them either, don’t think you have to worry about as I’ve seen few more people asking the same question around here. The only email I’ve received is the confirmation that my application have been received and being considered.
Now we just have to wait 6 months to get an answer, if lucky of course and everything goes smoothly then we might hear from them sooner then 6 months and if they need any extra information or documents they will get in touch.
Also noticed that whoever used the old style paper system most of the been approved sooner but that style as far as I’m aware doesn’t exist now.
Maybe because they’ve got rid of it they are trying and process all the applications and get it over with then focus on the new online system.

Migrant18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Migrant18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

alexbran89 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 am
I’ve applied nearly 2 months ago and I’ve never received any email from them either, don’t think you have to worry about as I’ve seen few more people asking the same question around here. The only email I’ve received is the confirmation that my application have been received and being considered.
Now we just have to wait 6 months to get an answer, if lucky of course and everything goes smoothly then we might hear from them sooner then 6 months and if they need any extra information or documents they will get in touch.
Also noticed that whoever used the old style paper system most of the been approved sooner but that style as far as I’m aware doesn’t exist now.
Maybe because they’ve got rid of it they are trying and process all the applications and get it over with then focus on the new online system.

Atleast you have confirmation that the application has been received. I dont have either thats why Im really concerned mate.

hb9
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by hb9 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello,
I am uploading documents through the UKVCAS portal ahead of my appointment with a local service centre.
Can someone who has experience uploading documents in Sopra Steria/UKVCAS website help me with the following questions?
Under which document category I should upload:
- My passport (should this be under............... '??)
- Certificate proving you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher (should
this be under.............. '??)
- Life in the UK test pass notification (should this be under.............. '??)
- Proof of living in the UK (P60s for 3 years is that ok) and (should this be under..... '??)
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate (should this be under ............'??)
- Two referee declarations (should this be under ..............'??)
- Evidence of identity (should this be under.......................... '??)
- Proof of Nationality (should this be under.................... '??)
- Proof of British citizenship of my wife "such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate" (should this be under...... '??)

Thank you.

zeew
Newly Registered

Post by zeew » Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am
Tribulations28 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am
Good Morning dear members and moderators.
I have been searching for the February and March 2019 timelines everywhere on the forum and it seems as if it has disappeared into thin air. Could someone post the links for the February and March timelines for naturalisation using the new online process please?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Really, 'everywhere'???

Literally a few topics below this one for Feb and page 2 of the sub forum for March!! :idea:

british-citizenship/february-2019-natur ... 77243.html

british-citizenship/march-2019-naturali ... 75921.html

hello everyone ,my first time here,i just submitted my application for naturalisation, i have an appointment next week, i have uploaded everything ,my only issue now is my hubby had to travel and his passport wouldn't be physically available ,but i have scanned already on the website,and i have a photocopy, just wondering from experience do they ask to see the spouse passport? am applying as a spouse to a british citizen.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Just submitted my application at Croydon centre.
I arrived 2 hours earlier. They didn't check the time I did my biometrics straight away and after 5 minutes an operator did check my documents and submitted them to UKVI. She didn't check my original documents at all she just reviewed the ones I uploaded and scanned one of my passports again.
The whole thing took less than 30min, in general everything was good. They seemed to know what they were doing.
also it was a free appointment so I didn't pay anything.

I recommend this centre if you live in London and other ones are fully booked. It took me 30min from Central London to get to the UKVCAS centre.

Nickt61
Newly Registered

Post by Nickt61 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Did they give the applicants passport back? Reason I’m asking is my partner has to apply for naturalisation in few weeks & I hope they don’t keep applicants passport until we get a decision.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:26 pm

They keep nothing, you will get all your documents back. You are also free to travel with your passport while waiting for the decision.

alisyed027
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by alisyed027 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi All,

I am in the final stages and Last Page of the Online Application Form for naturalization. I cannot see any option of Sopra Steria, I can only see the standard Option charging me £1349.20/- please can someone guide me how I can select Sopra Steria ?

Regards

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:35 am

alisyed027 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi All,

I am in the final stages and Last Page of the Online Application Form for naturalization. I cannot see any option of Sopra Steria, I can only see the standard Option charging me £1349.20/- please can someone guide me how I can select Sopra Steria ?

Regards
You will have to pay the fees first, then you'll be redirected to the Sopra Steria website to upload your documents and book an appointment for your biometrics. Good luck.

adl2
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by adl2 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 am

Hi guys,

I have my appointment at the UKVCAS croydon centre tomorrow tuesday. I am quite confused about the Biometrics, since I see quite often people is "submitting the biometrics" however, does this mean the biometrics must be processed at the post office prior the appointment or does UKVCAS Croydon process them during the appointment?, also, on the payment made for the application they mentioned this already includes the biometrics? - post office biometrics required before UKVCAS appointment or not? do I need to pay again?

This is bearing in mind i am applying as a EU member for British naturalisation

on top of that, the check list of documents I have been asked for are:

Passport issued by (my details) - DONE
(Myself) Life in UK test pass notification - DONE

Proof of living in the UK for (Myself) - What exactly do they need?, bills, council tax, tenancy agreements? or what does it mean?

Two referees declarations for (myself) - DONE

(Myself) evidence of identity - What does this mean if they asked above for my passport?

(Myself) proof of nationality - what does this mean if they asked above for my passport and that clearly states my nationality?

In terms of the documents UKVCAS to support my application, do I need to upload my scanned passport, residence card too?

Thank you so much for your time in advance!!!! it is really appreciated

waqarsadiqali
Newly Registered
India

Post by waqarsadiqali » Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Can I add my wife's citizenship application as an another applicant within my application? Or does it have to have an another login created for her?

AnnaMay
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaMay » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi everyone,

We have applied for British Passport in December so 6 month has passed and no answer so far. We have mates that applied after us and have received documents within one month afterwoods without paying any extras.
Does anyone knows what is going on there? What should we do as there is no-one to chase (

Thanks,
A.G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm

AnnaMay wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi everyone,

We have applied for British Passport in December so 6 month has passed and no answer so far. We have mates that applied after us and have received documents within one month afterwoods without paying any extras.
Does anyone knows what is going on there? What should we do as there is no-one to chase (

Thanks,
A.G
Presumably you mean citizenship and not a British passport.

Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajesh2013
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2013 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am

>>> Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?

I'm in a similar situation, it's been more than 7 months now since the MN1 application is made, fee paid, etc.

Been contacting Home office but without any useful information from them.

It is always the same response, "your application is in progress, I can't tell you when a decision will be made".

Today the person on the phone even claimed 6 months is not a maximum, it is just a standard which they are more than free to exceed it seems.

I get different email IDs and different phone numbers each time saying, you can complain or you can write to, an address, but googling them just comes out with, this is just an email ID to complain, this won't make your application any faster or slower, then why do I have to do it.

Does anyone know how to get a reasonable response from them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am

rajesh2013 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am
>>> Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?

I'm in a similar situation, it's been more than 7 months now since the MN1 application is made, fee paid, etc.

Been contacting Home office but without any useful information from them.

It is always the same response, "your application is in progress, I can't tell you when a decision will be made".

Today the person on the phone even claimed 6 months is not a maximum, it is just a standard which they are more than free to exceed it seems.

I get different email IDs and different phone numbers each time saying, you can complain or you can write to, an address, but googling them just comes out with, this is just an email ID to complain, this won't make your application any faster or slower, then why do I have to do it.

Does anyone know how to get a reasonable response from them?
UK born child or child born abroad??

What is the UK immigration status of BOTH parents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rajesh2013
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:07 pm

UK born child.

Both parents have ILR.

Applied Citizenship directly while she is on visa (not visa -> ILR -> Citizenship).

fzp83

Post by fzp83 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:22 pm

waqarsadiqali wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Can I add my wife's citizenship application as an another applicant within my application? Or does it have to have an another login created for her?
Anyone please help with this question?
Many thanks