ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

return biometric residence permit - never received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Katlancs
inactive

return biometric residence permit - never received

Post by Katlancs » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I just had my ceremony the other day and got a reminder to return my BRP. However, I never actually received one. I was EEA applicant via UKVCAS.

From the look of the Feb 2019 timelines,I had assumed that nobody who applied via UKVCAS actually received one, but now I’m doubting myself.

Can anyone clarify what I should do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: return biometric residence permit - never received

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Nothing you need to do. It is a standard letter to return brp.

You don't get one either once you become British.

Brp is the biometric residence card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Katlancs wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi all,

I just had my ceremony the other day and got a reminder to return my BRP. However, I never actually received one. I was EEA applicant via UKVCAS.

From the look of the Feb 2019 timelines,I had assumed that nobody who applied via UKVCAS actually received one, but now I’m doubting myself.

As an EEA citizen myself, I have been told by HO to return my dark blue paper PR card.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:46 pm

guru1s wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm
Katlancs wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi all,

As an EEA citizen myself, I have been told by HO to return my dark blue paper PR card.
It wasn't necessary or required. The call center (if you called them), outsourced to a third party, gave you incorrect advice. The blue paper card is not a biometric document and you also don't lose PR status simply because you became British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.