ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - 6 months ILR eligibility

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RagavJ
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 - 6 months ILR eligibility

Post by RagavJ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 am

Hi Team,

I have competed 4.2 years in ILR for my current employer and I have been sent back to home country in end Feb 2019.As far as I know there is a 6 months gap ie if I travel back before end of August 2019 I will still be eligible for ILR by end Nov when I can apply for ILR. (With same current employer).

Situation1: My employer sends me back to UK before end of August. Am i eligible for ILR by end of 5th year (Nov2019) ?

Situation2: My employer can send me back only after end of August. In this case if I travel personally( for leave/vacation) to UK in the same Tier 2 visa before end of August as its still valid, will I eligible for ILR by end of 5th year (Nov2019) ?

It will be great if I can get answer for thios

Thanks
Ragav J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - 6 months ILR eligibility

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:06 am

What tier 2 do you hold exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RagavJ
Newly Registered
India

Post by RagavJ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 am

Thanks for the reply.

I hold a tier 2 General Visa sponsored by my current employer.
I came to UK by Dec 2014 and was there till Feb 2019. I still have the valid visa till end of 2020( as its 6 year)

Thanks
Ragav

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes if you travel personally or on business it should show you have not left the country. Your employer will still need to issue the letter that they still need you with confirmation of SOC code etc. for you to apply for ILR.

RagavJ
Newly Registered
India

Post by RagavJ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So for example if I travel to UK before August end for 2-3 days of vacation/leave, and then travel back shortly for work I should still be eligible by end of that year (provided I get the required documentation from my employer)

Sorry for asking the same question again, just want to be sure so that I can plan for a casual travel and then travel for work a little later.

Thanks,
Ragav J

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 am

No you will have to keep living in the UK.
at the border they will want to know if your circumstances have changed and if you are still employed with the same employer. If your circumstances have changed your visa could be curtailed on entry.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:53 pm

The other issue but it belongs to your Sponsor .... are you actually employed by the UK company while you are in your home country? If you are employed by the home country parent business your sponsorship should have been withdrawn.

Have you confirmed with the UK company if they have informed UKVI about your return? If they have your visa may have been curtailed.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Yes under the ILR eligibility guidance for calculating Continuous residency it clearly states if you pursue employment outside UK your continuous residency should be considered broken.

If you were working outside UK you might find yourself unable to be eligible for ILR...

RagavJ
Newly Registered
India

Post by RagavJ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks a lot for the response team.

I read the below from "Calculating Continuous Leave"
" If the absences are connected to other employment outside the UK, which
demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences,
and the continuous period requirement is broken. Absences due to employment,
whether related to the applicant’s job in the UK or not, count towards the 180 day
maximum each year "

The last two lines say that it adds towards the 180 days which is fine as I am planning for a travel before that.

Can someone double clarify that please ? And also please do note that I am still employed with the same employer and will be travelling back for the same employer.

Thanks
Ragav J