ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eufam travel different flights?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Eufam travel different flights?

Post by together_2017 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:38 pm

As a eufam I know we have to travel together but I couldn't get exact same flight as my wife is it possible I show her destination and mine to travel on my own like i m joining her ? we have same airbnb too etc ,,, is it possible ??

Thanks ,,,

White_Pearl
Ireland

Re: Eufam travel different flights?

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Not clear from your post where you are travelling to and what your legal status is here and of your spouse/partner....?

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:36 pm

Sorry,

I m a EUFAM holder(non eu)
And my spouse EU.

We are travelling within eu. But she got the different flight our destination is same thu but we are not going in same flight will they allow me or no ? That is where I m stuck any info pls,?

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:27 pm

You will need to have visa for that eu country to entry.

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Even when I m travelling with my wife.?

Its just 2hour flight difference thats what I m asking will they create a prob or its fine because we r gng on a same place thu

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm

As long as you can prove that you are *joining* her, you will be fine. Bring the hotel bookings, flight tickets and marriage cert of course.

Most border controls don't even question you as long as you say anything about EU treaty rights.
Some airlines like Ryanair will check for visas. They may ask you why your wife is not around, but I don't think they will mind that because it is perfectly legal for a non-EU to travel alone as long as they can prove that the intention is to join their spouse.

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:12 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm
As long as you can prove that you are *joining* her, you will be fine. Bring the hotel bookings, flight tickets and marriage cert of course.

Most border controls don't even question you as long as you say anything about EU treaty rights.
Some airlines like Ryanair will check for visas. They may ask you why your wife is not around, but I don't think they will mind that because it is perfectly legal for a non-EU to travel alone as long as they can prove that the intention is to join their spouse.

Thank u this makes sense ,, its just 10mins difference of flights I have booked & I will update the result :)

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm

So the only way for a eu fam holder to travel is only with spouse?Even if they have 5 year stay in the country?
By the way has anyone travelled with a simple Stamp 4 yet?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 pm
So the only way for a eu fam holder to travel is only with spouse?Even if they have 5 year stay in the country?
If the non-EU person wants to travel to an EU country that requires a visa, the only way to get an exemption is for their EU spouse to exercise their EU treaty rights. This requires:
- The non-EU person has a Stamp 4EUFAM;
- The non-EU person is travelling with the spouse, or is joining the spouse who has travelled to the same country.

I'm attaching the official explanation from the French Embassy below, but all EU countries have the same requirements. https://ie.ambafrance.org/Procedure-1249

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:20 am

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 pm
Myself_andI wrote:
If the non-EU person wants to travel to an EU country that requires a visa, the only way to get an exemption is for their EU spouse to exercise their EU treaty rights. This requires:
- The non-EU person is travelling with the spouse, or is joining the spouse who has travelled to the same country.

I'm attaching the official explanation from the French Embassy below, but all EU countries have the same requirements. https://ie.ambafrance.org/Procedure-1249
Understood. My wife does not require though visa to travel anywhere in Europe,exept UK and Ireland of course.So lets say she wants to go to Ukraine to visit,will she be able to do so alone or do I have to go and pick her up?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:20 am
littlerr wrote:
Myself_andI wrote:

Understood. My wife does not require though visa to travel anywhere in Europe,exept UK and Ireland of course.So lets say she wants to go to Ukraine to visit,will she be able to do so alone or do I have to go and pick her up?
If she’s not a visa national, then yes of course she can travel alone - on the basis of short visit.
If she wants to live there, she still needs you to exercise your EU Treaty Rights.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:28 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:01 pm
Myself_andI wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:20 am
littlerr wrote:
Myself_andI wrote:

If she’s not a visa national, then yes of course she can travel alone - on the basis of short visit.
If she wants to live there, she still needs you to exercise your EU Treaty Rights.
I do exercise them yes.And she doesn’t need passport so we are in the clear.Anyone travelled with the new regulations under stamp 4?