ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 50k to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier1 50k to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Amz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Amz wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm
xeesee wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Hello members,

I applied ILR on 01-03-2019. Can someone please confirm me from which date applicants need to provide this.

"(c) Regardless of whether you are self-employed, a director or member, you must also
provide:
(i) an overview of your business’s activity, including an explanation of the goods or
services it provides to its customers or clients; and
(ii) your job title and job description, setting out your role within the company, how you
are implementing your business plan and what your main tasks and responsibilities
are in running the business."

Thanks
I applied ILR online on 29th March 2019 (New Process of scanning application online) and went for Bio-metrics on 3rd April 2019. While applying online, I wasn't asked for any such documentation to be sent across. Where do you get this ? It did not ask me to send any documents for Business Activity or Director Role Etc etc, the on'e you have mentioned above.

Regards
Read the guidance updated on 29th March 2019, Tier 1 guidance page 27.

Well At the end of the application it tells you which documents you have to send with the application. None of the above documents were mentioned there. Maybe the rules came in for anyone applying after 29th March 2019 ? I applied on 29th March 2019.

Check list is not accurate. You have to follow the guidance. Guidance was updated on 29th March 2019 so it technically is effective from that date. You applied on the same day so you should get some leniency.

If I was you, I would still not take the risk and send HO now. Any documents sent before the decision is taken is considered. It would be a heartbreaking to be refused just cz of this small thing.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed May 29, 2019 9:42 am

tier11417 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Amz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Amz wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm

I applied ILR online on 29th March 2019 (New Process of scanning application online) and went for Bio-metrics on 3rd April 2019. While applying online, I wasn't asked for any such documentation to be sent across. Where do you get this ? It did not ask me to send any documents for Business Activity or Director Role Etc etc, the on'e you have mentioned above.

Regards
Read the guidance updated on 29th March 2019, Tier 1 guidance page 27.

Well At the end of the application it tells you which documents you have to send with the application. None of the above documents were mentioned there. Maybe the rules came in for anyone applying after 29th March 2019 ? I applied on 29th March 2019.

Check list is not accurate. You have to follow the guidance. Guidance was updated on 29th March 2019 so it technically is effective from that date. You applied on the same day so you should get some leniency.

If I was you, I would still not take the risk and send HO now. Any documents sent before the decision is taken is considered. It would be a heartbreaking to be refused just cz of this small thing.

The application is now online so how do i send them this information now ? Also Is it just a cover letter I need to send to give them information on my business plan, how i run the business and my role in the company or do I have to send any particular evidence in this regard as well.

Also wouldn't Home Office ask for any further document if need be rather than simply rejecting the application ?

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am

I think I can still upload documents to UKVCAS website.

Would you please let me know which supporting documents i need to attach to fulfil this clause or is it just a cover letter explaining the details

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am

You can not upload now as it wont be verified.

Post to:

Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Mention your Case ID.

Simply state on an A4 sheet.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am

Hi

I just read the Guideline again the the section (Page 27) for these requirements fall under the extension application category and the section of the guideline (Apply for Indefinite Leave to remain (settlement) - Page 30 onward) does not specify any such requirement. Are you sure this criteria is applicable for ILR as well ?

Also when you say the documents cannot be verified only why would that be, When you go to UKVCAS Sepora Office, they do no verify the documents, they just see if the upload is on the system and thats it, they dont count the documents or tell you if all supporting documents are there in the system or not, so where did you get the details for verification ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am
Hi

I just read the Guideline again the the section (Page 27) for these requirements fall under the extension application category and the section of the guideline (Apply for Indefinite Leave to remain (settlement) - Page 30 onward) does not specify any such requirement. Are you sure this criteria is applicable for ILR as well ?

Also when you say the documents cannot be verified only why would that be, When you go to UKVCAS Sepora Office, they do no verify the documents, they just see if the upload is on the system and thats it, they dont count the documents or tell you if all supporting documents are there in the system or not, so where did you get the details for verification ?
You have missed the following on Pg 34

If you are applying for settlement you will need to provide all the necessary documentation to evidence you have met the requirements of the table above. In all cases you should supply the required evidence of investment and job creation set out in the Extension Application section above.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed May 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Thanks. So in this case do i send the investment proof again like business bank statement even though the table for settlement clearly says that i dont have to send the proof if i already claimed points for it during wxtension ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed May 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:51 pm
Thanks. So in this case do i send the investment proof again like business bank statement even though the table for settlement clearly says that i dont have to send the proof if i already claimed points for it during wxtension ?
No, you don't.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:51 pm
You have taken over another members topic!!

Can you please start your own topic/thread with your questions instead of tagging onto other members threads or continue in an existing thread that you already have!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Hello members,

I'm waiting decision on my ILR application under transitional arrangements. 1 full time employee and 1 part time. My part time employee applied for a spouse visa for her husband and also waiting for a decision.

My question is the outcome of her husband's application will have any impact on my application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:37 pm

My question is the outcome of her husband's application will have any impact on my application?
No, it has nothing to do with you other than your employee having to meet the financial requirement which HO might call and check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:37 pm
No, it has nothing to do with you other than your employee having to meet the financial requirement which HO might call and check.
Thanks CR001.

If HO refused her husbands application on the basis of that they are not satisfied with her job will that raises my company's genuineness as well?

I'm little worried because she didn't tell me when she started a job with me otherwise I might not hire her at first.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:09 pm

You are overthinking. Your application has nothing do with her spouse visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:09 pm
You are overthinking. Your application has nothing do with her spouse visa application.
Thanks CR001.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm

xeesee wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm

If HO refused her husbands application on the basis of that they are not satisfied with her job will that raises my company's genuineness as well?

I'm little worried because she didn't tell me when she started a job with me otherwise I might not hire her at first.

Thanks
What did her refusal actually state? You must get a copy from her. HO usually interviews the sponsor and verifies job from employer.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
xeesee wrote:

Thanks
What did her refusal actually state? You must get a copy from her. HO usually interviews the sponsor and verifies job from employer.
She didn't receive any decision yet. The application is still in process.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:02 pm

xeesee wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40 am
aman90 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
xeesee wrote:

Thanks
So why are you assuming that it will be refused? Plus every application is different. It is decided on its own merits.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:30 pm

xeesee wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40 am
Apologies. Misunderstood ur post! Hope you and the employee are on the same page.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello,

I applied ILR on 1st march 2019 and today received a complex issues letter dated 26th july. In the letter they said it will take longer than 6 months and need to check my application thoroughly.

Is it interview next?
Really Worried.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Don’t panic, I think they are trying to carry out verification checks etc.
Bizman

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm

bizman wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm
Don’t panic, I think they are trying to carry out verification checks etc.
Thanks bizman. I completed 5 months today and still 1 month left for 6 month standard service and received this letter today.

Normally applicants receive this letter after completing 6 months.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Hmmm, to me it shows they are considering your application which is good. Just try to be positive, the issue of your employee that the husband was refused might have also drawn attention but from all the documents you submitted, there should be no issues.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 am

Be prepared for an interview.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:54 am

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 am
Thanks tier11417 for reply. I'm preparing my self for an interview.

I only have 1 employee working full-time from 5 years and some others worked part-time. Now rules are changed. In case of negative outcome from this application I wouldn't b able to reapply as I don't have 2 employees working full time not even combining part time employees.

Do I have any other options?

I came to UK in December 2009 and completing my 10 years on 9 December 2019.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:31 am

xeesee wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:54 am
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 am
Thanks tier11417 for reply. I'm preparing my self for an interview.

I only have 1 employee working full-time from 5 years and some others worked part-time. Now rules are changed. In case of negative outcome from this application I wouldn't b able to reapply as I don't have 2 employees working full time not even combining part time employees.

Do I have any other options?

I came to UK in December 2009 and completing my 10 years on 9 December 2019.

Thanks
I hope that you are not called for an interview. However, the recent trend suggests that an interview is likely after a complex letter. Having said that, I hope that they take longer and you can vary your application on 10 years basis in Dec 2019.

Having one employee could be a problem cz yes you will not be able to meet the new requirements incase need be to re-apply.

Do you have any dependents?

I would like to see others comment on this:

Is it possible to change the job title. For example employee A working 12 months for JOB 1 and the same employee A working 12 months for JOB 2 for the next 12 months??

@marcnath @zimba @aman