ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Michael123 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:10 pm
Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm
Here is copy of the cover letter, Personal info has been blanked out. The FBR Cert picture is too large to attach.
Perfect, thank you again for understanding.
NO, Thank you for catching my error. I was over excited and posted without editing.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Glad to see you got it Michael.

I notice that they have added a photo in the top left. This replaces the holographic harp that my own contains in that area. Actually, that is my favorite part of the FBR certificate. I have always liked holograms. I assume since Brawn also mentioned his contained a photo that mine was one of the last of the old versions that they issued.

June 7th 2019 was your date of entry on the FBR. I will use that to update the list. Did Donna also receive her FBR certificate yesterday?

I wish you both a swift and painless passport application experience. I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with the passport tracker.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Sulla wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:45 pm

I notice that they have added a photo in the top left. This replaces the holographic harp that my own contains in that area. Actually, that is my favorite part of the FBR certificate. I have always liked holograms. I assume since Brawn also mentioned his contained a photo that mine was one of the last of the old versions that they issued.

June 7th 2019 was your date of entry on the FBR. I will use that to update the list. Did Donna also receive her FBR certificate yesterday?

I wish you both a swift and painless passport application experience. I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with the passport tracker.

Mine has a hologram, it is on the bottom to the left of the signature, just hard to see in the picture.

Donna is away until Monday, it is unknown if her certificate delivery was attempted. She did not sign up for the US postal app that shows all incoming mail and packages.

Thanks!!

I thought I would scan and share for those still waiting, especially Laurie and others from August dates.

Donna will be home on Monday afternoon, I jave taken the day off from work and I will be picking her up and taking her to get the passport photos, copies and we are both having a Priest witness our documents, the same one who witnessed our FBR docs. Then in Friday, we will be going into the consulate with our passport applications and documents.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Final FBR timeline:

Application received Dublin Aug 21
Congrats email June 7
Added to FBR June 7
Letter date June 8
FBR mailing June 19
Arrived in NY USA June 19
Cleared US customs June 20
Delivered June 22

Total time from application arrival in Dublin until congratulations email: 9 months and 2 weeks exactly

Total time from application being received until FBR delivery : 10 months and 1 day

Total time from congratulations email to FBR delivery : 2 weeks and 1 day

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:48 am

Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Sulla wrote:

Mine has a hologram, it is on the bottom to the left of the signature, just hard to see in the picture.

Donna is away until Monday, it is unknown if her certificate delivery was attempted. She did not sign up for the US postal app that shows all incoming mail and packages.

Thanks!!

I thought I would scan and share for those still waiting, especially Laurie and others from August dates.

Donna will be home on Monday afternoon, I jave taken the day off from work and I will be picking her up and taking her to get the passport photos, copies and we are both having a Priest witness our documents, the same one who witnessed our FBR docs. Then in Friday, we will be going into the consulate with our passport applications and documents.
Very happy for you Michael! I cannot view the cert, if there is a way please let me know. I have a message thst says I am not allowed to view.
Still waiting... 🙏😊

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:46 am

usczkat wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:48 am
Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Sulla wrote:

Thanks!!

Very happy for you Michael! I cannot view the cert, if there is a way please let me know. I have a message thst says I am not allowed to view.
Still waiting... 🙏😊
I posted 2 pictures, the cover letter and the FBR certificate itself. I deleted all personal details except my first name and USA. I suspect that you are a new user and that may prevent you from viewing it. I will try to send you the edited pictures in a private message, which also may not work for a new user.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:56 am

Yes, you are a new user and that is why the images are not available to you. In addition, as a new yaer you do not have access to private messages and the “contact” button is disabled for your account.

I would post my email or ask you to post your but that is prohibited here.

Sorry.

Im sure you aren’t going to be waiting much longer anyway.

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 am

What I find really strange is if I view this forum on my phone where I'm not logged into my account, I can see all the attachments and dates but when I'm logged into my account on my PC, I can't! :roll:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 am

usczkat wrote:
I cannot view the cert, if there is a way please let me know. I have a message thst says I am not allowed to view.
Still waiting... 🙏😊
For new users you just need to log *out* to see the picture

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Ironic, unregistered guests have more privlages than registered new users, lol.

Good observation!

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 am
usczkat wrote:
I cannot view the cert, if there is a way please let me know. I have a message thst says I am not allowed to view.
Still waiting... 🙏😊
Well I'll be! That is rather hilarious!!
I logged out, and I can see the cert! Even more exciting! Thanks litterr, thanks for trying Michael 123.
I did send a quick email to the fbr on Friday, for kicks and giggles, asking if any update could be given regarding my appl. I don't expect a helpful response, but maybe it will help them become a smidge more aware that it is something that helps the applicants feel more confident. Until I found this board I was feeling a lot more concerned. Mail in $300. with a boat load of highly personal docs and..... wait til we get back to you... is just a wee bit challenging.
Thank you for your responses, I'm trying to post enough to become real on this site, til then I'll remember to log off when I want to see anything blocked.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm

usczkat wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 pm
littlerr wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 am
usczkat wrote:
Still waiting... 🙏😊
Well I'll be! That is rather hilarious!!
I logged out, and I can see the cert! Even more exciting! Thanks litterr, thanks for trying Michael 123.
I did send a quick email to the fbr on Friday, for kicks and giggles, asking if any update could be given regarding my appl. I don't expect a helpful response, but maybe it will help them become a smidge more aware that it is something that helps the applicants feel more confident. Until I found this board I was feeling a lot more concerned. Mail in $300. with a boat load of highly personal docs and..... wait til we get back to you... is just a wee bit challenging.
Thank you for your responses, I'm trying to post enough to become real on this site, til then I'll remember to log off when I want to see anything blocked.

I completely understand how you feel. I also understand the 300.00!!

It was probably a little worse for me as I paid for my application and my cousins as well. In addition both my grandmother and mother were widowed and remarried (more documents):

2 grandmother birth
2 grandmaster marriage 1
2 grandmother marriage 2
2 grandmother death
1 mother birth
1 mother marriage 1
1 mother marriage 2
1 mother death
1 my birth
1 cousins mother birth (my aunt)
1 cousins mother marriage (my aunt)
1 cousin birth

My grandmother birth ordered from Ireland
My grandmother marriage 2 - form send next day air to FlA and paid next day air back to Massachusetts with 2 copies.

I paid 300+ for my application, 300+ for my cousins application, the irish birth certs, 1 day shipping- both ways to FLA and back, all the above certs for my cousin and I (15.00-20.00 each) and then 90+ shipping for international 1 day overnight to Dublin. With that and the misc parking fees in and around Boston over 1200.00

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Michael

I had a similar number of certificates, plus divorce decrees for my father and grandmother - which were the most problematic to source as they had to be obtained from the court rather than records office.

As for all the others, they could be ordered online from the records office in Scotland / Ireland or the UK. I believe the cost was approximately GBP 10 each. I was lazy and got an agent to do it, which is also an option but not one I would repeat. I paid the agent approximately Euro 350.

As for the forum, I think people with under 30 posts cannot see images. This happened before when I posted my FBR certificate way back in the early pages of this thread. Similarly, Newbie status is required for the PM function to activate. For uploads of attachments, make sure that the file is under 1MB. Preferably well under that level. I tried several times with images that were 950kb and they were also rejected. That is quite small by modern imagery standards.

Lindsey_T
Newly Registered

Post by Lindsey_T » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am

A little update on mine!

I live in the Netherlands and am a British citizen.

Posted my documents to the Irish embassy in The Hague just after new year; have to date not heard anything, no confirmation etc.

I phoned the embassy today; they confirmed that my application is being processed and that emails are not usually sent out until they are closer to the approval date. They are currently working on applications from October 2018. The certificates are then printed in Dublin and he cannot give a timeline for them, but, I should have it done by the end of the year!

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am

Lindsey_T wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am
I phoned the embassy today; they confirmed that my application is being processed and that emails are not usually sent out until they are closer to the approval date. They are currently working on applications from October 2018. The certificates are then printed in Dublin and he cannot give a timeline for them, but, I should have it done by the end of the year!
Do you mean the embassy in the Netherlands is processing applications from October 2018 or the FBR section is?

If it is the FBR department then that does not correspond with what many people have been told recently, which is that they have moved on to the August applications. In addition, there are still many August applicants who have heard nothing thus far and nobody who applied in September has had a result yet either. Therefore, it seems a bit incredible that they have already begun processing October 2018 in Dublin.

FBR certificates are all printed in Dublin. Direct applications are stamped there by the DFA and returned. Applications through overseas missions are first returned to the embassy / consulate for stamping before being returned to applicants.

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Lindsey_T wrote:
A little update on mine!

Posted my documents to the Irish embassy in The Hague just after new year; have to date not heard anything, no confirmation etc.

Hi Lindsey,

Like you I am a Brit in another country (Finland) I sent my documents at the beginning of Feb and same here, not heard a thing.

I need to call the DFA this week for changing address but wondering if I should call the embassy, it is so confusing when it is being dealt with via two locations.

I agree I am also confused as people have been saying they are only just processing August applications but if they have moved on to October already that will be great as it means it will be a little faster to complete.

Michael that is great, congratulations!

I can't help but wonder though about the picture and address being on the certificate, will it need to be changed if you move? Or is that all just at the time of processing?

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

My cousin Donna came home from her trip today to find her FBR package waiting for her, A neighbor signed for delivery and held it until she came home. She had her passport photos done during her trip as I told her of my delivery. Ill be picking her up soon for the 3pm appointment we have with a Priest that we know to witness our passport documents.

Because of the limited consulate hours and having Friday off from work, we have a breakfast planned before going to deliver our applications on Friday.

Just as a side note, My FBR certificate (and I suspect Donna’s as well) had a passport application included. I had already ordered the applications for both myself, Donna and Donna’s sister. Her sister (my cousin) had applied separately from Donna and I, her application was sent approximately 2 weeks after ours, delivery date is unknown.. she continues to wait.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 pm

LesMalouinettes wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 am
What I find really strange is if I view this forum on my phone where I'm not logged into my account, I can see all the attachments and dates but when I'm logged into my account on my PC, I can't! :roll:
New users can’t see attachments, but unregistered users can. By not being logged in on either devixe you should see them and by being logged in on either device, you can not. I do not think the web site discriminates between mobile or PC, just a matter of user ranking and being logged in or not.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Jaxx22 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm
Lindsey_T wrote:
A little update on mine!

Hi Lindsey,

Like you I am a Brit in another country (Finland) I sent my documents at the beginning of Feb and same here, not heard a thing.

I need to call the DFA this week for changing address but wondering if I should call the embassy, it is so confusing when it is being dealt with via two locations.

I agree I am also confused as people have been saying they are only just processing August applications but if they have moved on to October already that will be great as it means it will be a little faster to complete.

Michael that is great, congratulations!

I can't help but wonder though about the picture and address being on the certificate, will it need to be changed if you move? Or is that all just at the time of processing?

I would suspect that it is only at the time of registration but I will advise them of any future address change. I would imagine this to be the same scenario as any passport as well. Where I live we are required to notify the motor vehicle dept of any address change within 30 days.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 pm

LesMalouinettes wrote:
You helped me, thanks, I logged out and saw the cert letter.
Have you heard anything yet? You are also August, correct?
I got a reply from the fbrclarification and they confirmed that my application was received, actually a day earlier than I thought, "August 22. And that it is "in the que" and it may take up to 12 months due to a huge increase of apps received and the complex nature of the fbr"
FWIW.

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 pm

usczkat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 pm
LesMalouinettes wrote:
You helped me, thanks, I logged out and saw the cert letter.
Have you heard anything yet? You are also August, correct?
Unfortunately I'm a September applicant, so maybe next month for me. I have my passport application signed, witnessed and ready to go though, as I'll be in France for the next 3 months, and won't be in Australia when the FBR documents come back. Sitting down with my Mother this weekend to give her the lowdown on how it must be submitted. Fingers crossed she doesn't mess it up! :D

Dth
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by Dth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 am

Hello,

I wondered if someone could help with some wisdom. I applied today in person at the Irish Consulate Hong Kong. Grandfather’s birth/death certs Father’s birth/certified copy passport and same for me. However, my wife is pregnant and due 8th November somthey also requested a letter from the hospital and pur marriage certificate to expedite the process so our daughter can also acquire citizenship.

Does anyone have experience in these cases?

I have met the Consul General a couple of times but would rather not bug him - he’s promised many consular drinks in the future, don’t want to spoil that!

LeifRnR
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by LeifRnR » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Just checking in to report still waiting. Haven't heard anything since application received email on 8/14/2018!

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:50 pm

LeifRnR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 pm
Just checking in to report still waiting. Haven't heard anything since application received email on 8/14/2018!
Hey there leifRnR, we're closer in timing. Hopefully very soon for us!

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 pm
I had shrink the size of the FBR cert to allow uploading, But here it is.. this is new version of the cert. All personal info
So excited for you Michael!! That’s awesome!!