ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Stage 2 Travel Questions

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 1 Stage 2 Travel Questions

Post by 789234 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi all,

For context, received my URN on May 20th and positive decision on June 21st. I'm switching visas within the UK and I've paid all my fees, including super priority for the biometrics appointment. I just have a few questions and I'm hoping someone who's gone through a similar process may have the answer:

> You must not travel outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man until you get a decision. Your application will be withdrawn if you do.

Does that mean only after the biometric appointment, assuming I can't travel anyways since they will have my passport? My situation might be slightly complex as I'm switching from a Tier 5 on one nationality to a Tier 1 on another nationality, but assuming once I go to my appointment I'll be turning in both passports.

Thanks for your help!

WRWR
Russia

Re: Tier 1 Stage 2 Travel Questions

Post by WRWR » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:37 am

You retain all your passports and original documents. Everything is scanned and verified during biometric appointment.

You should not travel while your stage 2 application is under consideration. You may start travelling as soon as you get your new BRP. Since you opted for super priority service (wise!), it normally takes 24h to make a decision and a couple of days to receive BRP.

Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by 789234 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 am

Thanks for your response!

Update: I'm feeling a bit silly right now because I realized I misunderstood the endorsement and that even though "switching within UK" was an option, it's not applicable for my visa tier (I'm on Tier 5 YMS). However, I have already submitted everything so it might be too late now — does anyone have experience with having to reapply for Stage 2?

Obviously feeling very worried now, but mostly feeling incredibly stupid for having misunderstood the HO.

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Well, since you've used super premium service, your application should be rejected in the next 24h. You'll be able to re-apply outside of the UK using the same endorsement letter.

Application fee will be lost, but NHS surcharge can be refunded.