ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Harry90800
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Post by Harry90800 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello all,
I really need your help guys. Thanks a million for this
I am an Indian citizen married with eu spouse and have step daughter and got married in Ireland working full time assistant manger at supermacs daughter going school and problem is that my wife only worked 11months in this country after that she is looking after child her study, home and child wellbeing. My eufam stamp 4. Finishing next year and we have now private health insurance and she is not burden on social department as I am full time working and supporting my family.
Next year my eufam stamp 4" is going finish
Please guide me being a house wife will effect her eu treaty rights because someone has to look after child

Pleas guide me what is next step should I take to get eu 3 permanent residence will they issue me next 5yeat visa what will I need to line up documents

Bill2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Post by Bill2019 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Harry,

Hope that you are well. I am in a similar situation and trying to figure this out as well.

I received my EUfam in 2015 and mine will expire in October 2020. My Eu spouse has worked since 2015 a total of 11 months as well. She stayed at home with our child and baby. I have been working fulltime and we had a good amount saved in our joint account. We were told back then that as long as one of us works and we are not a burden on the state that we should be fine.

We didn't have health insurance throughout so we just got one for the family as well. We didn't know it that health insurance is a requirement.
I am looking at the renewal application and I have to explain my spouse activities for each year.
We will provide a newly purchased health insurance plan and bank statement showing our joint account, and in addition my payslips. And state that my wife was 'Residing with sufficient resources'.

I am also worried that we will be in trouble. If we say that my Eu spouse was financially relying on savings and on my salary, we still didn't have insurance for each period. However, we never applied for social welfare.

Have you found out if lack of insurance in previous year will affect the application?

Harry90800 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm
Hello all,
I am an Indian citizen married with eu spouse and have step daughter and got married in Ireland working full time assistant manger at supermacs daughter going school and problem is that my wife only worked 11months in this country after that she is looking after child her study, home and child wellbeing. My eufam stamp 4. Finishing next year and we have now private health insurance and she is not burden on social department as I am full time working and supporting my family.
Please guide me being a house wife will effect her eu treaty rights because someone has to look after child

Pleas guide me what is next step should I take to get eu 3 permanent residence will they issue me next 5yeat visa what will I need to line up documents

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 am

Harry90800 wrote:
Hello all,

All of her time in Ireland has to be covered by one (or more) of the following;
a) Employment
b) Study + Insurance (for both of you)
c) living with sufficient resources (you can say you are supporting her) + insurance (for both of you)

Any gaps will result in problems.

Bill2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bill2019 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am

option C would apply for myself and my wife. However we were told that insurance wasn't necessary as long as we don't rely on social welfare. We just got recently insurance. Do you think gap in insurance coverage would be an issue, even if we never relied on social welfare?

Thanks

kupuser wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 am
Harry90800 wrote:
Hello all,

All of her time in Ireland has to be covered by one (or more) of the following;
a) Employment
b) Study + Insurance (for both of you)
c) living with sufficient resources (you can say you are supporting her) + insurance (for both of you)

Any gaps will result in problems.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:58 am

Bill2019 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am
option C would apply for myself and my wife. However we were told that insurance wasn't necessary as long as we don't rely on social welfare. We just got recently insurance. Do you think gap in insurance coverage would be an issue, even if we never relied on social welfare?
That’s wrong. You must have health insurance if you are self sufficient. When you apply for EU1 or EU3, both forms clearly say you need to provide evidence of health insurance policy that shows you have comprehensive sickness cover.

You can explain why you didn’t have it, but it will be up to the immigration officer to decide whether they are satisfied.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:41 am

When did your wife enter Ireland and how long was she employed for before 2015?

Was the absence from the job market due to caring for children under 12 months old?

Having sufficient resources alone is not enough, you need medical insurance also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bill2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bill2019 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 am

Hi,

thanks, appreciate your feedback.

When we applied in 2015 wit EU1 form, my wife was working and we had insurance briefly. We added the insurance confirmation with our application and the immigration officer told is back then that it wasn't needed. My wife asked him then if she would need it in the future if she had to look after the kids. He told us as long as one of us is working it wasn't needed. This is all very frustrating. My wife has been working for many years in Ireland before 2015. And in the period that we didn't have insurance I was supporting my family with my job.

We ad insurance for 2015 and alf of 2016. We requested VHI to change our plan or switch and we ended up on waiting list. We just paid privately for any medical costs. And just recently got insurance

I even received an email when I contacted the immigration office, informing them that my wife is now staying at home.

This was their response:

In order for you to qualify for a permanent residence card your Spouse must
come under one of the following headings:

Exercising her EU Treaty Rights (working)
Residing with sufficient funds
Involuntarily unemployed
Studying

We did get insurance recently. I am really worried about this. I have looked through this forum and noticed a couple other member who got approved without health insurance.

littlerr wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:58 am
Bill2019 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am
That’s wrong. You must have health insurance if you are self sufficient. When you apply for EU1 or EU3, both forms clearly say you need to provide evidence of health insurance policy that shows you have comprehensive sickness cover.

You can explain why you didn’t have it, but it will be up to the immigration officer to decide whether they are satisfied.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi Bill2019,

It is strange the immigration officer gave you an advice that is not correct. The clear rule for living with sufficient resources is that both of you must have insurance coverage. Yes you will find some people who were granted visa without one or two missing documentation etc. but in most cases INIS will pick up on any missing item for any duration of time.

I have come across people who were refused permission because;

1. Only the EU wife was insured
2. Both were insured but policy was not "comprehensive"

So unfortunately the info can be a bit confusing at times. But I do think if you explained your situation and the fact that you were not aware of all the rules and started the insurance policy as soon as you realized, INIS should show some leniency and extend the permission.

Good luck!

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:58 pm

My friend and spouse, never had health insurance. 2015 EU1 was approved.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 am

just from curiosity. what they accept as sufficient resources?? I mean how much funds?? 10K+, 20K+, 30K+, 40K+ ??