ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong mothers name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MyDarling
Newly Registered
Russia

Wrong mothers name

Post by MyDarling » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Dear All!

Hope you can help me with the below.

Upon applying for UK passport I have to provide parents details. Keeping in that when I applied for naturalisation I mentioned incorrect family name of my mother in the application. I put her maiden name instead of her current name. Fast forward, my naturalisation application with mother's maiden name on it was approved. The question is, what my mother's name shall I use for the first UK passport application?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wrong mothers name

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Use the same name to be consistent with your naturalisation application details.

Note that parents names are NOT printed in your British passport. It is required purely for identification purposes.

Also note that you can only apply for your passport after your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MyDarling
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by MyDarling » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm
Use the same name to be consistent with your naturalisation application details.

Note that parents names are NOT printed in your British passport. It is required purely for identification purposes.

Also note that you can only apply for your passport after your ceremony.
Thank you very much Char! I just hope that passport office will not be asking for my mother's passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm

I just hope that passport office will not be asking for my mother's passport.
They don't, as you are not apply for a passport a British by Descent through your mother!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MyDarling
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by MyDarling » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm
I just hope that passport office will not be asking for my mother's passport.
They don't, as you are not apply for a passport a British by Descent through your mother!!
Understood. I am very much obliged