ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - I have filled the application online - But able to see only Standard service : not able to see UKVCAS service.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

la
Member of Standing

Do we need to submit UK part time employment details for citizenship application

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:18 am

Do we need to submit UK student part time employment details for citizenship application

la
Member of Standing

Do we need to upload the referee signed forms before UKVCAS appointment

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:21 am

After submitting the citizenship application, do we need to upload the referee signed forms before UKVCAS appointment?

la
Member of Standing

Are we allowed to travel to abroad once we submit the documents and biometrics at UKVCAS centre.

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 am

Are we allowed to travel to India on India passport and brp once we submit the documents and biometrics at UKVCAS centre?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do we need to submit UK part time employment details for citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 am

la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:18 am
Do we need to submit UK student part time employment details for citizenship application
Yes, all employment for however long you have been in the UK up to 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are we allowed to travel to abroad once we submit the documents and biometrics at UKVCAS centre.

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 am

la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 am
Are we allowed to travel to India on India passport and brp once we submit the documents and biometrics at UKVCAS centre?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: Are we allowed to travel to abroad once we submit the documents and biometrics at UKVCAS centre.

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 am

After submitting the citizenship application, do we need to upload the referee signed forms before UKVCAS appointment?
yes, everything that you want to send alongside your application has to be uploaded before or at the appointment.

You will still be able to upload things afterwards but these will NOT be submitted to the home office.

la
Member of Standing

Regarding previous holidays trips for British citizenship.

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Could you please provide up how many years we do need to provide previous holiday trips from citizenship application submission.

If possible please redirect me to home office UKVI link where I can see these holidays related information for British citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding previous holidays trips for British citizenship.

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 pm

la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm
Could you please provide up how many years we do need to provide previous holiday trips from citizenship application submission.

If possible please redirect me to home office UKVI link where I can see these holidays related information for British citizenship.
1. Can please desist from starting a new topic with every question you have in the same application. I strongly suggest you read the forum rules again.

2. 5 years absence details (work and holidays absence) as citizenship is based on 5 years residence!!!!

3. Have you bothered to read the AN Booklet and AN guidance notes at all???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 pm
la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm

1. Can please desist from starting a new topic with every question you have in the same application. I strongly suggest you read the forum rules again.

2. 5 years absence details (work and holidays absence) as citizenship is based on 5 years residence!!!!

3. Have you bothered to read the AN Booklet and AN guidance notes at all???
Thanks for your help CR001 - Apologies for posting in new thread - Will not repeat it again.

la
Member of Standing

Re:Do we need to provide letters from current and previous employements

Post by la » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm

For British citizenship, do we need to provide letters from current and / or previous employments / any other employment related documentation to prove that we worked / working with company / companies.

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re:Do we need to provide letters from current and previous employements

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 pm

la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm
For British citizenship, do we need to provide letters from current and / or previous employments / any other employment related documentation to prove that we worked / working with company / companies.

Thanks for your help.
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Re:Do we need to provide letters from current and previous employements

Post by R-graphite » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 pm

:lol: fuming again
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 pm
la wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Thanks for your help.
No!!
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

la
Member of Standing

Re: Regarding two reference declarations for husband and wife - joint citizenship application queries

Post by la » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Regarding two reference declarations for husband and wife - joint citizenship application queries:

Can we use same first reference declaration for both husband and wife who are on ILR.

Can we use same second reference declaration for both husband and wife who are on ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Can we use same first reference declaration for both husband and wife who are on ILR.

Can we use same second reference declaration for both husband and wife who are on ILR.
1. You need to understand the requirements, which are clearly documented in ho form AN guidance.

2. The referees cannot be related to each other or to you.you can however use the same referee for both your applications.

3. One referee must be a professional, on the list of acceptable professional referee list, and of any nationality.

4. The other referee must be British and over 25.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 pm

1. You need to understand the requirements, which are clearly documented in ho form AN guidance.

2. The referees cannot be related to each other or to you.you can however use the same referee for both your applications.

3. One referee must be a professional, on the list of acceptable professional referee list, and of any nationality.

4. The other referee must be British and over 25.
Thanks CR001

la
Member of Standing

Re: Do we need to certify copies of all India passport pages and brp and scan and upload all these pages into UKVCS syst

Post by la » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 am

Do we need to certify copies of all India passport pages and brp and then scan all these pages and upload all these pages into UKVCS system. Is that acceptable if we upload all the scanned pages of India passport and brp with out certifying into UKVCS system.

Are we allowed to normal passport and brp scans into UKVCS system.

Do we need to upload all the scanned pages of India passport

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do we need to certify copies of all India passport pages and brp and scan and upload all these pages into UKVCS syst

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 am

Do we need to certify copies of all India passport pages and brp and then scan all these pages and upload all these pages into UKVCS system
No.
Is that acceptable if we upload all the scanned pages of India passport and brp with out certifying into UKVCS system.
Yes.
Are we allowed to normal passport and brp scans into UKVCS system.
Yes.
Do we need to upload all the scanned pages of India passport
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Got warning letter from Indian passport office - can this be come under caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty

Post by la » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks for all help CR001

Could you please clarify below question.

Actually I got warning letter in India from Indian passport office as I lost India passports one in London and other on in India in short span of time.

India passport office warning letter says,

"you have applied for duplicate passport on second occasion.
You are directed to take utmost case of your passport in future.
You are here by warned that if the lapse is repeated, government will be at liberty to take any legal action and there is every chance to place your name under Prior approval category, under passport act 1967."

Do we need to treat this India warning letter as warning and answer as yes "for the section Convictions and other penalties - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

Or just as no "for the section Convictions and other penalties - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

and upload scanned of warning letter into UKVAS ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got warning letter from Indian passport office - can this be come under caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am

la wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 am

Actually I got warning letter in India from Indian passport office as I lost India passports one in London and other on in India in short span of time.

You are here by warned that if the lapse is repeated, government will be at liberty to take any legal action and there is every chance to place your name under Prior approval category, under passport act 1967."

Do we need to treat this India warning letter as warning and answer as yes "for the section Convictions and other penalties - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

Or just as no "for the section Convictions and other penalties - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

It is not relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Re: Got warning letter from Indian passport office - can this be come under caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty

Post by la » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am
la wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 am

It is not relevant.
Thanks for all help CR001 - So I will answer as no to that question Convictions and other penalties - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

And will not upload the warning letter document - Please let me know if I want to upload the document even though I answer as no to that question A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" mentioned in online citizenship application form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 am

Do not submit documents that are not required.

Are either of these lost passports recent or part of the last 5 years you are basing your application on?

Are either of these lost passports in a different name or anything??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am

No -my lost passports are more than 5 years ago and with the same name - So I do not require to submit lost passport scanned copies and warning letter - Could you please confirm.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:40 am

Correct. Don't submit irrelevant letters etc. Keep it simple and stick to the checklist.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:40 am
Correct. Don't submit irrelevant letters etc. Keep it simple and stick to the checklist.
Thanks for your help CR001.

As part of supporting documentation, do we need to submit last five years residential address proofs such as water bill, utility bill etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm

la wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:30 pm
do we need to submit last five years residential address proofs such as water bill, utility bill etc
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)