ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

more than 6 months Waiting for naturalization decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hafa25
Newly Registered

more than 6 months Waiting for naturalization decision

Post by Hafa25 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 am

Hi everybody,
I have applied for citizenship for me and my child since December 2018 and I have not yet received the decision. every time I send an email to ask inquiry about my application, I get the same this reply :

“As I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquires before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in nationality law, concerns good character. Good character is not further defined in nationality law, and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied. ................................................

As soon as all of the enquiries have been completed decision will be taken on your application and we will inform you of the decision immediately.”

My wife applied around a month later and within six weeks her application was granted.
I don’t have any criminal record in the past or present, I do not know why this delay?!
any one has the same experience?

zimba
Mood:

Re: more than 6 months Waiting for naturalization decision

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:27 pm

No one can tell you why. Please wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:29 am

Hafa25 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 am
Hi everybody,
I have applied for citizenship for me and my child since December 2018 and I have not yet received the decision. every time I send an email to ask inquiry about my application, I get the same this reply :

“As I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquires before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in nationality law, concerns good character. Good character is not further defined in nationality law, and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied. ................................................

As soon as all of the enquiries have been completed decision will be taken on your application and we will inform you of the decision immediately.”

My wife applied around a month later and within six weeks her application was granted.
I don’t have any criminal record in the past or present, I do not know why this delay?!
any one has the same experience?

Hello hafa what type of settlement status you got ?? Is that refugee or others ?? I'm waiting as well but it's just 2 and half months

Hafa25
Newly Registered

Post by Hafa25 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:03 pm

Yes refugee
Still am waiting, I will complete 7 months

saahib_ali

Post by saahib_ali » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am

Hafa25 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:03 pm
Yes refugee
Hi Hafa
I have similar situation but have not heard anything from HO yet. I applied on 8th January 2019 and attended bio-metric appointment on 21 January. No response after that.
Just sent an email to HO, lets see what they have to say about it.

Hafa25
Newly Registered

Post by Hafa25 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 pm

saahib_ali wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am
Hafa25 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:03 pm
Yes refugee
Hi Hafa
I have similar situation but have not heard anything from HO yet. I applied on 8th January 2019 and attended bio-metric appointment on 21 January. No response after that.
Just sent an email to HO, lets see what they have to say about it.
I sent emails several times, but unfortunately I didn’t receive any response