ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistakes on application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agymorgiel
Poland

Mistakes on application

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:44 am

Hi,
I have made mistakes on my application.
1. I was granted ILR in 2005 and also EEU permanent residency on application I have makes ILR pathway as this I thought was the application we have made for at the time, but now I am thinking I should do the EEU pathway.
2. On the question " have you ever made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad" I said no but in fact I did for visas and ILR but I thought is only regarding this application
3. I don't remember all my job start/leave dates ( exact day ) I have P60 but not all P45 to confirm dates.

Please help, what to do
thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Mistakes on application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:02 am

agymorgiel wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:44 am
Hi,
I have made mistakes on my application.
1. I was granted ILR in 2005 and also EEU permanent residency on application I have makes ILR pathway as this I thought was the application we have made for at the time, but now I am thinking I should do the EEU pathway. You need to clarify - what are you actually holding. ILR under UK Immigration Laws or PR under EU regulations? As an EU citizen you would need PR.
2. On the question " have you ever made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad" I said no but in fact I did for visas and ILR but I thought is only regarding this application It asks for ALL applications - so best to write a letter clarifying this.
3. I don't remember all my job start/leave dates ( exact day ) I have P60 but not all P45 to confirm dates. P60 are sufficient - give approximate dates if you can't remember.

Please help, what to do
thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, I have completely messed up.
I have Home Office letter dated 04 November 2015
" i am writing to to say that you have been granted permanent residence in the United Kingdom. Your passport has been endorse with No Time Limit stamp"

and another same date

" you have been issued with a residence permit as it is requirement of the rules that a EEA national must be issued with Residence permit before qualifying for permanent residence"

What should i do now, it is evident mistake on the form?

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:38 am

ok, it is evident mistake but I am confused about this.
My husband first applied for Leave to remain as self employed in 2001, Poland was't part of EEU at the time.

Home Office letters all same date 04/11/2005

"thank you for your recent application for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK. Please find enclosed decision papers."
another letter;
"I am writing to say that you have been granted permanent residence in the UK. your passport which is enclosed has been endorsed with No Time Limit stamp"
last letter same date
" you have been issued with residence permit as it is a requirement of the rules that a EEU national must be issued with RP before qualifying for permanent residence"

What shall I do about this, now. It is a mess

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 am

I spoke to the Home office adviser and just need to write support letter when submitting all my documents

thank you

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 am

I am still confused, please be patient as this is stressing me out a lot.

So it seems I have permanent residence but what about No Time Limit stamp in my passport (old one)?
Is this applying to PR or ILR?

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am

In some cases, an EEA national may be granted indefinite leave under the Immigration Rules. This may happen, for example, where the EEA national:
• was issued indefinite leave as an EEA national before 30 April 2006 (the date on which permanent residence was created under the EEA Regulations)
• is the spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and was granted indefinite leave under the Immigration Rules on this basis
In these instances, if you are satisfied they have not lost that ILR, you may grant them NTL.
Ok, i have called HO again and adviser asked me I need to go with the rules that shoes on my passport which is No time limit, doesn't say EEA or ILR just no time limit. I have big headache right now.

I wrote in the support letter
I wish to make an application for British Citizenship.
I have submitted AN application on today 25/06/2019 under EEA nationals with Indefinite Leave to Remain Immigration rules which states;

In some cases, an EEA national may be granted indefinite leave under the Immigration Rules. This may happen, for example, where the EEA national:
• was issued indefinite leave as an EEA national before 30 April 2006 (the date on which permanent residence was created under the EEA Regulations)
• is the spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and was granted indefinite leave under the Immigration Rules on this basis
In these instances, if you are satisfied they have not lost that ILR, you may grant them NTL.

I am not sure if this is the right way to do so, as I received a letter from Home Office dated 04/11/2005 confirming that i was granted permanent residence and my passport was endorsed with No Time Limit stamp.

is this ok or totally wrong?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:10 pm

agymorgiel wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 am
I am still confused, please be patient as this is stressing me out a lot.

So it seems I have permanent residence but what about No Time Limit stamp in my passport (old one)?
Is this applying to PR or ILR?
No need for a support letter.
If you have a stamp in your passport (whether current or expired) and letter giving you indefinite leave then you are good to go. No need to apply for a PR card.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

agymorgiel
Poland

Post by agymorgiel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm

thank you for clarification, but actually, I have no letter. My husband and son letter present but mine gone> can't find it. is this will be a problem?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:05 pm

agymorgiel wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm
thank you for clarification, but actually, I have no letter. My husband and son letter present but mine gone> can't find it. is this will be a problem?
Stamp/vignette in passport should be sufficient.