ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHA to Critical Skills Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

callumpirienz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Critical Skills Employment Permit

Post by callumpirienz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:55 am

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help. My company applied for a Critical Skills Employment Permit for myself back on the 2nd of May.

The current status is - The current status of this Critical Skills Employment Permit application is Application Received (Awaiting Processing) as of the 03/05/2019.

Does anybody know when I will most likely hear back from them regarding this?

Another question is; my current Stamp 1 visa expires on the 7/8/2019. If I don't hear back before then whats the process? Do I get some sort of 'grace period' since im still waiting to hear back? Do I have to leave the country and wait to hear back? Any help would be great.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Critical Skills Employment Permit

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 am

See this for current processing dates.
https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... rmits.html

You cannot work if your Stamp is expired. There is no grace period for that. You can remain in Ireland while the application is in pending.
How did you already have a Stamp 1 if you are applying for a work permit? If you got it from another company, you can’t work until the new work permit is approved.

There’s no grace period, so you can’t work after that date (in theory you can’t work now either if your current Stamp 1 is not from the same company). You don’t need to leave the country though as a new application is in pending.

callumpirienz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by callumpirienz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:14 am

I got my stamp 1 while I was in NZ and moved over. got my job and they then said they will sponsor me. they put in all the information and sent it away. Cant see anywhere that you cannot work while waiting for this to come through.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 pm

I’m more confused now. Did you get a working holiday authorisation initially? If yes, then when this period is over you are legally not allowed to work. Simple as that. The rules on work permit clearly indicated that it takes a few months to process the permit, and you cannot work until you get the permit.

Also on your critical skills Stamp 1 it will clearly indicate that you cannot work without a valid work permit. As you don’t have an approved permit at the moment, you cannot work (if they can’t issue the work permit before 7/8).

Of course most people do work. Nobody is going to really do anything to you. As long as your company is fine with that, you won’t have too much trouble unless the immigration officer happens to have a bad day.

My girlfriend’s company (one of the Big Four in the financial sector) doesn’t even allow her to work for one afternoon because she is due to renew on the next day. If someone snitches your company, they receive a fine for illegally providing employment. Working holiday authorisation is being abused in a lot of places and many people overstay after their stamp expires.

callumpirienz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

WHA to Critical Skills Visa

Post by callumpirienz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Hey all,

I applied for a Critical Skills Visa through work and was told I could still work and live in Ireland on the WHA which is obviously wrong.

We are going to appeal this however wanted to know what to do, If I fly to the UK, appeal/re-apply, attach my flight ticket to the UK (one way ticket) would this suffice?

Can I still work for the company? ie. can I work remotely [out of the state].

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: WHA to Critical Skills Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pm

We are going to appeal this however wanted to know what to do, If I fly to the UK, appeal/re-apply, attach my flight ticket to the UK (one way ticket) would this suffice?

Can I still work for the company? ie. can I work remotely [out of the state].
Presumably you will enter the UK as a visitor. You are not permitted to work in the UK in any shape or form as a visitor, not even remotely.

With a one way ticket and issues in Ireland, you could face difficulty being admitted to the UK. Ireland and the UK share immigration information and data.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

callumpirienz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: WHA to Critical Skills Visa

Post by callumpirienz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks CR001,

Do you recommend anything?

Could I do the below [enter the UK as a visitor apply / appeal etc] but not actually work remotely. And if I fly into London show proof of this [ie. one way ticket] could I then go to Northern Ireland? and then, again not work remotely.

Will that be fine?