ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa from Pakistan - exercising EU Family Treaty rights

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mazart25
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa from Pakistan - exercising EU Family Treaty rights

Post by mazart25 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi!

Since my last thread on here, my husband (Pakistani) has gone back to Pakistan last year. We reapplied for spouse visa however that was refused as I work in the family business etc.

I've been trying to find another job that earns £18600 but no luck and since we are both young (26) we decided to try and move elsewhere and settle there. We were thinking of trying to get a schengun visa for an EU country and just settling there for the foreseeable future.

** We do NOT plan to return back to the UK via SS route, we're just planning to build a life in an EU country instead**

My questions are:

1. Which EU country is the easiest to apply to from Pakistan ?
2. I plan to go to Pakistan and then travel with him once he gets the visa. How long will the visa take to process roughly?
3. I know that it's a legal right to exercise EU treaty law etc but we're worried if a lot of countries are refusing it these days?
4. If this is rejected, will this affect any future UK spouse visa's?

We have a UK marriage certificate etcetc. we're just unsure as to what route to go down now? We're also aware that time is seriously running out due to Brexit etc aswell!!

TIA!

mazart25
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen Visa from Pakistan - exercising EU Family Treaty rights

Post by mazart25 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 pm

EDIT: Also I'm sure someone told me that easiest way would be to apply for a visit schengun visa instead of saying we're exercising EU treaty law and then once we're both in the country apply for residency card etc? Anyone have any idea about this?