ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An extended Family member of EEA national ...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Babar bakhtiar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Babar bakhtiar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi everybody . Can anybody suggest me please . My father He is an EEA national . But living in uk from last 7 years . He wants to apply for his younger brother visa which is totally dependent on him . He is around 40 years old living in pakistan . My father wants to apply for his visa soo he can live with him . Is there any way that he can apply for his visa .. if there is a way can you please tell me which is require ?? All the needed requirement ???
Thanks

Babar bakhtiar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Babar bakhtiar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:36 am

Hi everybody . Can anybody suggest me please . My father He is an EEA national . But living in uk from last 7 years . He wants to apply for his younger brother visa which is totally dependent on him . He is around 40 years old living in pakistan . My father wants to apply for his visa soo he can live with him . Is there any way that he can apply for his visa .. if there is a way can you please tell me which is require ?? All the needed requirement ???

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: An extended Family member of EEA national ...

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am

I recommend he consults with an immigration solicitor as anything regarding extended family members is difficult. Usually it's easier to bring kids or teenagers. For adults, even if you prove a dependency, it's very hard to get anything. You need to see all the details of the situation and a professional can try to find where a good representation can be made.

pinkpanter

Re: An extended Family member of EEA national ...

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:28 am

Hi Babar,

He can indeed apply under new EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit. However, the big challenge is to proof of dependency. Your uncle is a middle aged only 40 and still dependant on your father will raise a lot of queries. It is easy to apply FP for closed family member i.e. Father Mother, Grandparents etc, as you do not need to proof dependency for closed family member.

You can off-course apply under the new scheme, but you will not have an appeal right if the HO refuse to grant visa. You should check the requirement on GOV.CO.UK EU Settlement scheme family permit requirement. The following thread might be useful as the requirement are almost same as the close family member.

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 83013.html

eea-route-applications/help-checklist-f ... 83730.html

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 82198.html

eea-route-applications/applying-under-s ... 78199.html