ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are my chances of ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

awayfrmhm
Newly Registered

what are my chances of ILR

Post by awayfrmhm » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi,

I Initially came into UK on dependant visa, my partner was on a WP, we had to return home due to personal reasons resigning our jobs here and then we were away from the UK for a year.

I desperately needed a break in the UK, so took my chances came back on the dependant visa, an umbrella company promised to get my WP done once I am here, which they did. they obtained a WP initially valid for 2 years.

Now reading through some of the posts in this site I have started to worry a lot... provided I complete 5 years of legal stay on a WP and fulfill the criteria for ILR starting from my current WP issue date... when I apply for ILR on the basis of this WP, will the previous (dependant )visa status be ignored?

Will my previous records pose any problems? If yes is there any way I can clear this?

Please help....

worried... :?:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm

This 'umbrella' company that got you the WP sounds like bodyshopping to me I'm afraid, which is illegal. Can you provide more info?

I fear this may be a bigger worry for you.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 pm

awayfrmhm
As Wanderer mentioned, you are breaking immigration law, you are illegally working in this country and I doubt you will be allowed to stay 5 years under the current WP.
The HO is changing the whole model as we speak and employers will be required to register with HO and provide more information; it is likely that once your "umbrella" is required to provide details then HO will find out about the illegal practice and shut them down, then will know who was abusing the system using the company and will take measures.

The previous status will be ignored (dependant visa will be ignored for ILR on 5 years)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Many cheater are here , for small gain they play with future of people and we also submit to it

try to sort out your legal status

regards

awayfrmhm
Newly Registered

Post by awayfrmhm » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:07 pm

the umrella company works on a percentage basis, the reason I joined them was they were ready to sponser my WP once I am here. I from the start knew this is a bit shady but had to take my chances.

I am aware that extension of WP etc is becoming more strict, hence I am really getting worried as I did take a chance and made an entry into UK.

I have an offer from another company who are willing to sponser/transfer my WP, this company is a proper company who will take me on perm roles. If I join this company and get a WP through them... will my chances towards working legally be any better?

What about the time spent on my current WP, will it be considered towards ILR or will my clock have been reset?
The other worry is that since I came in using a Dependant Visa and then my current company applied for a WP in country, will this pose any problems in future...

Please advice guys... this is going to have a big impact on my life....

Regards

awayfrmhm
Newly Registered

Post by awayfrmhm » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:28 am

try-one wrote:awayfrmhm
As Wanderer mentioned, you are breaking immigration law, you are illegally working in this country and I doubt you will be allowed to stay 5 years under the current WP.
try-one,

If the new company transfers my WP on to their company will my status become legal? How can I sort out my status to be legal.

When the new company applies for my WP will me working for this umbrella company casue more problems? ...

I am not sure which road should I take....

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi,

Yes its better to get far away from the umbrella company. This sounds dodgy. And if you get the WP tranferred you are then safe. As someone mentioned all companies need to register with the BIA for the PBS.

Better to stick with a genuine company. Also do some research into the company, history, if they employ other WP holders etc. Last thing you want is BIA officers at your door at 6am.

Take care.

awayfrmhm
Newly Registered

Post by awayfrmhm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:06 am

Thanks everyone.

Fingers crossed hope the transfer process goes on smoothly for me.

The other questions I have in mind is:
Will this transfer process reset the ILR clock?
If I complete five years and rules dont change much, I initially having entered on a dependant visa whilst my partner was back in my home country, Can this be questioned and my ILR denied? Is there any way of correcting this?

Regards and Thanks