ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport, What Birth Certificates Do I need?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjvargas
Newly Registered

First passport, What Birth Certificates Do I need?

Post by jjvargas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:49 pm

It is confusing on what are the birth certificates are needed to send to get the first passport I am reading the form and also the online information but still no clue, it looks like it also depends on the year of birth, but Can someone please confirm what is needed, we have both been naturalised and have no British citizen parents

Non-EEA Born January 1981.
Personal Birth Certificate = ?
Parents Birth Certificates = ?

EEA Born in June 1984

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First passport, What Birth Certificates Do I need?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Have you read the passport guidance booklet, there is a table explaining what you need if you are naturalised?? It tells you what you need.
Not required for people who have naturalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

You could consider applying online. It’s far more straightforward in the questions and very clear about what you need.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 pm

If you are naturalised all you need is your other valid national passports, your mother and father details (no documents needed), your details (no birth certificate required) and a counter signatory who will need to sign on your application and certify your photograph.
You also need to send your certificate of registration.
Simple
jjvargas wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:49 pm
It is confusing on what are the birth certificates are needed to send to get the first passport I am reading the form and also the online information but still no clue, it looks like it also depends on the year of birth, but Can someone please confirm what is needed, we have both been naturalised and have no British citizen parents

Non-EEA Born January 1981.

EEA Born in June 1984
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.