ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toetapper01
Newly Registered
Mood:

UKM help

Post by toetapper01 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Hello

I'm a kiwi here in UK (15 years) and sick to death of paying for right of abode (and the potential 6-month ridiculous timescale) so biting the bullet for UKM process for British nationality on order to apply for a British passport . I have a biometric test next Wednesday.

How long would it be expected to take to get my nationality after the biometrics ?

Hope someone can help. I often to come to this site for answers but thought I'd sign up.

Kindest regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKM help

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:55 pm

I have a biometric test next Wednesday.
Test???
ow long would it be expected to take to get my nationality after the biometrics ?
UKM takes quite a few months, some waiting almost or just over a year but most apply from abroad. You are still in for a bit of a wait though as they take longer to process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

toetapper01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by toetapper01 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Sorry - I have to go and get finger prints etc taken and have documents checked ,although I've already scanned them. The annoying thing is, is that I've lost my passport but luckily had scanned it. Hoping they don't ask for real thing.........otherwise it's a waste of time and £

This country is insanely slow for processing. I guess thats because of population.

Lived here for 15 years. Right of abode since then.

Now the timescales are 6 months.
I vote, pay taxes etc. Just ridiculous

I went on holiday once and used an expired passport for ROA (don't think u can now) and new one for entrt . Anyway lost expired passport and I got put in a room and then finally got a stamp saying is renew ROA within 2 months.

sunburn
United States of America

Post by sunburn » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:07 am

The vast majority of UKM applicants in the UKM timelines thread here complete their process in 4-6 months, counting from date of application to date of oath ceremony . I applied in mid Sept 2018, received approval mid Dec 2018, and did the oath ceremony in Feb 2019.

toetapper01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by toetapper01 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks for your response

toetapper01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by toetapper01 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:04 pm

I spoke to them today and as long as I have acknowledgement of receipt for new passport