ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot BRP at home and went on holiday

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tooth_fairy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sudan

Forgot BRP at home and went on holiday

Post by Tooth_fairy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Wanted to quickly share my experience.
Went to Estonia with Estonian spouse and I forgot my BRP at home in the UK. i can't get a visa on arrival in the UK with my passport, Morning of the flight from Tallinn, I went to a photo printing shop neaby and printed out a good quality photo of my BRP (back and front) that I had on my phone. I got through boarder control with the copy, when boarding the flight at the gate they had to check the situation with a supervisor, supervisor said it was fine this time with the copy but I should bring the physical card with me next time. Got to the UK, it was a few moments delay at the counter where the officer had to take the passport to the back and check before letting me through.
A few factors played in my favor though
1) Had a good photo of my BRP on my phone
2) Had a valid schengen visa for a plan B:

Plan B1: buy a connecting flight from uk to europe, board the plane and check with UK boarder when arriving to UK.
Plan B2: fly to france where husband can pick me up from Calais with the BRP card.

3) had a marriage certificate with us, not sure how its relevant, we werent asked to produce it in particular but it added some extra assurance.