ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

gini852

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by gini852 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:15 pm

erissonroso wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 am
Hi,
Yep, Croydon Centre!
Sure, I’ll let you know how things go here on my side, my current residence card is due to expire in August, so they’ll have to sort it out ASAP otherwise I’ll be in limbo.
Best of luck for us!
Yikes - good luck!! I hope you get a resolution soon.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if it's a local problem related to the Croyden centre...

By the way, how did you get in touch with UKVCAS? Did you call or email? If you have their contact details to share, I would really like to follow up with them too. Thanks!

Jamiemi
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Jamiemi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:17 pm

@Hayley01

I finally received a letter in the mail requesting biometrics appointment! I also wrote to my MP earlier this week but I’m quite sure the two were not related because the letter is dated 15 June but my MP only sent them communications today. Finally it will start moving !

realitycheckbruh
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by realitycheckbruh » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Hey all!

Posted this in a few threads just so I can try reach everyone. (Not spamming Moderators :D :lol: )

I just thought I'd share my Pre-Settlement Timeline.

I am married to a EU Citizen who is Irish (Republic of Ireland) and I am here on an EEA Family Permit (non-EU Spouse).

I applied on the 25th of May and I managed to book a biometric appointment for the 12th of June (I booked a free one thats why it took so long!). I had to cancel the appointment as I couldn't make it. So I managed to rebook for the 17th of June - another free appointment in Croydon.

So, here is my timeline:

17th of June - Submitted Biometrics
19th of June - received CoA at 11:54am and then at 12:06pm I received my confirmation of status saying that I got Pre-Settled Status.
21st of June - Received my BRP; Type of Permit: EU Scheme Pre-Settlement.

I hope this has given some people hope!

Everything was done in four days!

If anyone wants to see what the BRP looks like, let me know and I will post a picture with my details omitted.

If anyone wants some advice on how it all worked, drop me a PM.

Thanks for everyone's advice on the forum!

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Jamiemi wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:17 pm
@Hayley01

I finally received a letter in the mail requesting biometrics appointment! I also wrote to my MP earlier this week but I’m quite sure the two were not related because the letter is dated 15 June but my MP only sent them communications today. Finally it will start moving !
Hi Jamiemi

That's an interesting development then it means they have finally thought about what to do with us. Wonder if the MP getting involved will have much impact. Time will tell.

Thanks for the update and do keep me posted on your progress since we are in a similar situation.

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by k90252 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:35 pm

I am holding Tier 2 visa, and I am with boyfriend for 1 year and 8 months. He got an EU settlement scheme.
He call to EU settlement scheme centre to explain our relationship and said I can apply EU settlement scheme under him.

We lived in the same place for 1 year and half, but we did not have the contract together, so I uploaded same address of bank statement
and we signed a new rent contract in March 2019 for the following year, which I upload as well.

However when I applied EU settlement scheme, I got an update as following,

- Marriage certificate (NO.we are not married.)
- Civil partnership certificate (NO)
- Evidence of co-habitation for a significant period of time
- Evidence of joint custody over a child
- Other documentation which states the nature of your relationship to your sponsor
This is so we can confirm that you are related to your EU family member as claimed.

The evidence that you have provided so far of your relationship to your EU family member is not acceptable because it does not show how you are related to your EU sponsor.

Does anyone know what kind of documents should I sent to them? Is anyone here can get me advise?
Our photos? conversations in whatsapp?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 pm

k90252 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:35 pm
I am holding Tier 2 visa, and I am with boyfriend for 1 year and 8 months. He got an EU settlement scheme.
He call to EU settlement scheme centre to explain our relationship and said I can apply EU settlement scheme under him.

We lived in the same place for 1 year and half, but we did not have the contract together, so I uploaded same address of bank statement
and we signed a new rent contract in March 2019 for the following year, which I upload as well.

However when I applied EU settlement scheme, I got an update as following,

- Marriage certificate (NO.we are not married.)
- Civil partnership certificate (NO)
- Evidence of co-habitation for a significant period of time
- Evidence of joint custody over a child
- Other documentation which states the nature of your relationship to your sponsor
This is so we can confirm that you are related to your EU family member as claimed.

The evidence that you have provided so far of your relationship to your EU family member is not acceptable because it does not show how you are related to your EU sponsor.

Does anyone know what kind of documents should I sent to them? Is anyone here can get me advise?
Our photos? conversations in whatsapp?

Thank you.
If you are unmarried, you required extensive evidence for the last 2 years to prove you have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage with joint financial commitments etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gini852

Post by gini852 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

gini852 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:15 pm
erissonroso wrote:
Hi,
Yep, Croydon Centre!
Sure, I’ll let you know how things go here on my side, my current residence card is due to expire in August, so they’ll have to sort it out ASAP otherwise I’ll be in limbo.
Best of luck for us!

Also, I'm starting to wonder if it's a local problem related to the Croyden centre...

By the way, how did you get in touch with UKVCAS? Did you call or email? If you have their contact details to share, I would really like to follow up with them too. Thanks!
@erissonroso - got my COA today. Fingers crossed for the next few steps...

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:52 am

Hey guys... I think I might have a record time for total turnaround, so I will put my timelines with hour detail. I arrived to the UK on June 13th on EEA Family Permit, a week ago. No biometric card of any kind, never been to the UK before.

My wife (EU national) timeline:
-Applied on Android app: June 19th, 8:43pm
-No biometrics
-COA: June 20th, 1:32pm
-Pre-settled status email letter: June 22nd, 11:35am
-Total turnaround time: 1 day, 14 hours and 52 minutes.

My timeline (non-EEA national):
-Applied online: June 20th, 1:30am
-Biometrics: June 20th, 18:30pm
-COA: June 21st, 11:37am
-Pre-settled status email letter: June 21st, 12:36pm
-Total turnaround time: 1 day, 11 hours and 6 minutes.
-Should receive biometric residence card in 7 business days maximum.

Proof or residency presented:
-Air ticket invoice
-Air ticket boarding pass
-EEA Family Permit with the immigration officer stamp at the border
-I wrote a nice and polite Cover Letter to explain the attachments for residency, to make it easier on the caseworker.

Proof of relationship to sponsor:
-Marriage certificate from Argentina (our country of origin), with Hague Apostille Treaty, with official translation.
-Divorce decree from my wife's first marriage, also legalized with Hague Apostille Treaty, also with official translation.
-Birth certificates of our two kids, with official translation (to prove that we both are their parents).
-Again, a nice Cover Letter written by me to explain the caseworker the attachments, facilitate in which pages are the important stuff, etc.

Regards,
Joaquín

erissonroso
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by erissonroso » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:37 am

gini852 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm
gini852 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:15 pm
erissonroso wrote:
Hi,
Yep, Croydon Centre!
Best of luck for us!

@erissonroso - got my COA today. Fingers crossed for the next few steps...
Great news!
That means your case is progressing, they have all your documents and are just waiting on a decision, you’re on the right track.
I am starting to think all this FES imaging missing thing was an excuse for their forgetting all about our application. Why didn’t they ever bother to contact me? My case just sat there, every time I logged into my application it said I still had to provide my biometrics for the application to progress even though I had done it two months before, I think they just forgot to hand it to a caseworker, I don’t know.
Good luck with the progress of your application!

gini852

Post by gini852 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:26 pm

erissonroso wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:37 am
Great news!
That means your case is progressing, they have all your documents and are just waiting on a decision, you’re on the right track.
I am starting to think all this FES imaging missing thing was an excuse for their forgetting all about our application. Why didn’t they ever bother to contact me? My case just sat there, every time I logged into my application it said I still had to provide my biometrics for the application to progress even though I had done it two months before, I think they just forgot to hand it to a caseworker, I don’t know.
Good luck with the progress of your application!
Yeah that's my suspicion too. No way to tell but if you ring them again and tell them that someone (ie. me) with the same FES problem who had their biometric done after you has already received their COA, maybe it'll prompt them to look into the problem a bit more... fingers crossed for an update.

Bamidriving
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Bamidriving » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:39 am

Application submitted for my parents on the 30th of March 2019.
My mum biometric 1st of April and Coa received 8th of April 2019, no decision yet on status called several times they said everything is OK but the case worker will get in touch before 1st of July.
Dad biometric was 5th of April and Coa 22 of May 10.00am, settle status received 22 of May at 19.00p.m,brp card 30th of May.
My dad and mum came the same day got family permit received the same day all documents submitted is the same I'm the sponsor eu national excersing treaty right since 2009 any advice from the forum about my mum case thank you

Zenzo23
Newly Registered

Post by Zenzo23 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:54 am

Zenzo23 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 am
Zenzo23 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 pm
Hi everyone

Im a non-EU spouse of EU national
here is my timeline

Online application for EU : 20 may 2019
Online application for Non-eu : 1 june 2019
(Linked my application with my wife)

Sent her id as it didnt had chip
, received at EUSC : 7th june 2019

My biometric appointment : 5th june 2019

We both Received COA : 10 june 2019

My wife received her decision Granted Settled status : 11th june 2019

Me as a Non EU spouse still waiting which i knew already
Gave them a call yesterday asking why my wife got her decision first but im still waiting while we linked our applications together the guy was very helpful he said everything is fine we are married more than 5 years and she got settled status so you will receive decision shortly

Update everyone

Got my settled status ( ILR) on 18th of june

Summary

Online application : 1 june 2019
Biometrics : 5 june 2019
COA. : 10 june 2019
Decision ( settled ): 18 june 2019

Good luck everyone

Something weird jus happened
I’ve received my decision on 18 june settled / ILR
Ive checked it by view your rights link in the letter as well everything was fine im still waiting for the BRP which takes up to 10 working days

Now i went on the link jus now to view and prove my rights and its saying cannot find your status

Did it happen to anyone else ? How can in few days it can jus vanish from the system im really confused

Zenzo23
Newly Registered

Post by Zenzo23 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Zenzo23 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:54 am
Zenzo23 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 am
Zenzo23 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 pm
Hi everyone

Im a non-EU spouse of EU national
here is my timeline

Online application for EU : 20 may 2019
Online application for Non-eu : 1 june 2019
(Linked my application with my wife)

Sent her id as it didnt had chip
, received at EUSC : 7th june 2019

My biometric appointment : 5th june 2019

We both Received COA : 10 june 2019

My wife received her decision Granted Settled status : 11th june 2019

Me as a Non EU spouse still waiting which i knew already
Gave them a call yesterday asking why my wife got her decision first but im still waiting while we linked our applications together the guy was very helpful he said everything is fine we are married more than 5 years and she got settled status so you will receive decision shortly

Update everyone

Got my settled status ( ILR) on 18th of june

Summary

Online application : 1 june 2019
Biometrics : 5 june 2019
COA. : 10 june 2019
Decision ( settled ): 18 june 2019

Good luck everyone

Something weird jus happened
I’ve received my decision on 18 june settled / ILR
Ive checked it by view your rights link in the letter as well everything was fine im still waiting for the BRP which takes up to 10 working days

Now i went on the link jus now to view and prove my rights and its saying cannot find your status

Did it happen to anyone else ? How can in few days it can jus vanish from the system im really confused

Update so after trying like so many times its finally showing my status i think something wrong with the website
Imagine u tryna prove it ur employer and it says cant find ur status could be trouble for some

amsj11991
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by amsj11991 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello,

I am under a Tier 4 visa that expires in a week now. I applied for the EU Settlement Scheme as an unmarried partner of a EU citizen. We have been together for almost two years now and living together for one year. I called the EU resolution centre and was told to apply. We apply together the 3rd of April, and he received a response the 5th of April for Pre-settled status. I went for my Biometrics appointment the 5th of April and received my COA on the 9th of April. We provided several tenancy agreements, bills and council tax letters with both of our names.

However, I haven't heard anything since, I have called A LOT, and it has been assigned to a case worker since early may. I have emphasized about my visa ending on the 1st of July, and they don;t know if its possible for me to extend it to finish my PhD studies (and also not be illegal in the UK) while I wait for a response. Does anyone now if it is possible to extend my Tier 4 visa while I wait for a decision? I have called UKVI and EU centre and they have literally no idea... and it has been almost three months with no response...

Zenzo23
Newly Registered

Post by Zenzo23 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm

amsj11991 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm
Hello,

I am under a Tier 4 visa that expires in a week now. I applied for the EU Settlement Scheme as an unmarried partner of a EU citizen. We have been together for almost two years now and living together for one year. I called the EU resolution centre and was told to apply. We apply together the 3rd of April, and he received a response the 5th of April for Pre-settled status. I went for my Biometrics appointment the 5th of April and received my COA on the 9th of April. We provided several tenancy agreements, bills and council tax letters with both of our names.

However, I haven't heard anything since, I have called A LOT, and it has been assigned to a case worker since early may. I have emphasized about my visa ending on the 1st of July, and they don;t know if its possible for me to extend it to finish my PhD studies (and also not be illegal in the UK) while I wait for a response. Does anyone now if it is possible to extend my Tier 4 visa while I wait for a decision? I have called UKVI and EU centre and they have literally no idea... and it has been almost three months with no response...

Hi

While reading this forum , ive noticed a lot of people who applied while on tier 4 usually get late replies from HO but as far as ur visa expiry is concern it shouldn't be trouble as u have COA which means ur application successfully submitted and u can stay till u get the decision even after that the home office would send u some corresponding

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am

amsj11991 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm
Hello,

You are never illegal while waiting for a response from the Home Office. Even if your previous visa expires, you have an ongoing application and a letter; so it shouldn't be a problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:32 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am
You are never illegal while waiting for a response from the Home Office. Even if your previous visa expires, you have an ongoing application and a letter; so it shouldn't be a problem.
You are mistaken. The poster you are responding to is an unmarried partner and therefore has NO automatic rights under the EU rules. Section 3C of the Immigration Rules, which provides protection when a visa expires, does not apply to EU route applications and especially not for unmarried partners.

eea-route-applications/official-section ... 14238.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amsj11991
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by amsj11991 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:32 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am
You are mistaken. The poster you are responding to is an unmarried partner and therefore has NO automatic rights under the EU rules. Section 3C of the Immigration Rules, which provides protection when a visa expires, does not apply to EU route applications and especially not for unmarried partners.

eea-route-applications/official-section ... 14238.html
Hi,

This is exactly what I was thinking and why I prefer not to risk it. UKVI say that it might not be a problem but they are not sure, and the visa advisor from my university says the same: as they are to completely different departments. I will apply to extend because I think its not worth it.

Thank you all for your reply :)

gini852

Post by gini852 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey folks!

Some news to share - the decision came through and the BRC is being sent to me. So that about finishes my timeline -

Application submitted: 1 May
Biometrics: 18 May
COA: 21 June
Decision: 26 June
BRP: according to letter, should be received within 7 working days.

Very glad it got sorted despite that strange lag between biometrics appointment and COA. Happy days!

Good luck to everyone else!! They will sort it one way or another so don't fret too much :)

Haystacker2
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Haystacker2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 am

krishxe wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:00 pm
Haystacker2 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 am
krishxe wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:20 am
Haystacker2 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 am
Applied for settled status on 5th May using the exit app

Got a call from the home office office on the 21st of May offering me pre-settled status instead which I accepted

Haven't heard anything since then
have you received COA ?

Yes, I got COA by Email on the same day I applied
I think you will get it this week.

see my status below

MY timeline
Application submitted : 30 April
Biometrics : 30 April
Coa revieved via email: 03 May
received call from HO on 20 may saying you are eligible for Pre settle status.

Decision: approved 13 June
BRP: On the way

Got my decision yesterday by Email. It said:
thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Based on the information available to the Home Office, you do not meet the eligibility
requirements for settled status under the Scheme but I am pleased to inform you that you
have been granted Limited Leave in the United Kingdom for five years under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as pre-settled status. If you were in the UK on the date of your application, that is Limited Leave to Remain. If you were outside the UK on the date of your application, that is Limited Leave to Enter.
Your status takes effect from the date of this letter, which can be found above.

I'm very pleased indeed, the wait can be nerve racking. My timeline once again.
EEA FM(unmarried partner)
Granted BRC- December 2018

Applied for settled status through exit app on 5th May 2019

Got a call from the Home office on 21st May offering me pre-settled instead of settled status(I accepted)

Email with decision attached recieved in 26th June

Decision: Granted pre-settled status

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:08 pm

This is my timeline .

Brief history: came Uk 14yrs ago aged 18 via stepmom who left Uk shortly.
Granted another 5yrs RC based on father who is now eea citizen.

Rc expired in Nov 2018.

Applied for PR in 2017 because EU National now retired (dad), was refused because couldn’t show enough evidence of dependency and because over 21yrs.

Did paper appeal , was refused because apparently I was earning good money and not dependent, was given option to appeal BUT abandoned application then since RC was still valid.

Applied for PR in 2018 again , was refused due to not enough evidence to show dependency. Appealed , judge refused appeal due to issues raised in 2017 by previous judge which I didn’t address.

Paid solicitor to appeal to UTT. Last week Monday.

Wednesday 19th submitted application
Thursday 20th drove to wales for biometric and paid £125 as that was the earliest
Friday 21st received COA
Today 29th received email confirming settled status to receive BrC in 7days .

All the best for those waiting.

Also please if I already have a son can I apply for BRitish passport or citizenship form him ?

Or I also have to apply for settlement for him and apply for bc in 1year ?

Abdysf1
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Abdysf1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi guys ,
I got 2 questions:

1. If you have been granted a pre-settled statues will you still be treated as EU family member or their no any more relation or residence dependency with your partner when you granted
Pre-settled .

2. I got freind holding EU family member visa and it’s already expired since 6 month . He know nothing about his wife as she left him without any sign 2 yrs ago . He was a bit not responsible but he still have all the documentation of his partner including marriage certificate and copy of her passport .
Do you think he can use the EU settlement scheme and apply of settled or pre- settled statues ?

Many thanks in advance

ajp804
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ajp804 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:09 pm

First off, thanks for this thread - it helped me a lot in terms of expectations. So, to help others, my details are below.

Brief history: Non-EU, been in the UK since fall of 2014 on Tier 4, switched to Tier 2 August 2018 (which is valid until 2021), got married to Irish spouse at the end of May 2019. I considered applying for EEA2 but thanks to this forum realised I could bypass entirely. Since my spouse doesn't need to apply for the settlement scheme due to Irish nationality, I applied directly, details as follows:

Application: 20/06/2019
Biometrics: 22/06/2019 (a Saturday)
COA: 24/06/2019 (morning)
Received pre-settled status: 27/06/2019 (afternoon)

Documents uploaded: Photo of spouse's Irish passport, council tax bill showing her residency for the past six months, and photo of marriage declaration (the form signed during the ceremony, since we have not yet received a formal government-issued certificate)

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:17 pm

@axeman85

Firstly congrats to you

Please advise which documents did u upload and any covering letter?

I am in the same boat.

It will help many.

Please advise.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Gooner14
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Gooner14 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Unmarried partner /overstayer /EEA QP

Applied EEA QP - 1st June
Biometric - 12th June
COA- 18th June

Decision pending