ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee Waiver

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adeelishaq786

Fee Waiver

Post by adeelishaq786 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi,
Has any of you here, got experience with fee waiver or has gone through, would like to know how long it will take, am destitute, and looking to request waiver for children's only...

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Fee Waiver

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm

It will take a couple of weeks. Depends on your circumstances. By the way which application you applied for?

adeelishaq786

Post by adeelishaq786 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 pm

FP, borrowed some funds, but haven't got any more money at all to pay for anything.. so thought i'd go for waiver, so wanted to grab some information. God no funds at all...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Fee waiver takes 6 months, and you are required to demonstrate that you tried your best to raise funds but could not.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jafi18
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jafi18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 am

Me and my family fee waiver took 1 month to be approved.

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm

I applied for fee waiver 4 times, as 3 times it was rejected, citing that I should go and borrow money from my brother in canada. Eventually It got approved, in june

I applied feb and got a letter in june returning my docs,

kalpesh_43
Newly Registered

Post by kalpesh_43 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

Hello Guys,

Could you please direct me to the link or any information to apply for fee waiver FLR (FP).

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kalpesh_43
Newly Registered

Post by kalpesh_43 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:45 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Request for fee waiver
THANKS

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am

adesuwa wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm
I applied for fee waiver 4 times, as 3 times it was rejected, citing that I should go and borrow money from my brother in canada. Eventually It got approved, in june

Hi Adesuwa. Just wanted to ask for your fee waiver, did they return your documents before sending your approval letter??

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am

Eledumare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am
adesuwa wrote:

Hi Adesuwa. Just wanted to ask for your fee waiver, did they return your documents before sending your approval letter??
I dont think the HO know what they are doing. They sent my documents back in june, with 2 conflicting letters, one said it was rejected: dated april, citing very silly reasons e.g. I didnt get a social worker to prove my accomodation was inadequate, and another dated june saying I would hear from them in due course.

I called their office and no response as usual, but the reporting centre and local Mp confirmed repeatedly that my application was not rejected. Then in dec, they refused it and did not give any reason, they put my daughter at 6 instead of 10.

My local Mp wrote them and they insisted despite the errors they would refuse it.

So I lodged a JR against them, and they quickly apologized

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 am

adesuwa wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am
Eledumare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am
adesuwa wrote:

I dont think the HO know what they are doing. They sent my documents back in june, with 2 conflicting letters, one said it was rejected: dated april, citing very silly reasons e.g. I didnt get a social worker to prove my accomodation was inadequate, and another dated june saying I would hear from them in due course.

I called their office and no response as usual, but the reporting centre and local Mp confirmed repeatedly that my application was not rejected. Then in dec, they refused it and did not give any reason, they put my daughter at 6 instead of 10.

My local Mp wrote them and they insisted despite the errors they would refuse it.

So I lodged a JR against them, and they quickly apologized
Thanks for your response Adesuwa
Ohhh Gosh this whole experience is just scary. I got my social worker to write a letter stating the support they are providing us, and the local charity that also helped us wrote a letter aswell. They sent back my original documents today but no decision letter what so ever. I’m just really nervous as

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am

I just got my residency in the post today

Read my case here general-uk-immigration-forum/my-daughte ... 56-40.html

I noticed you applied for asylum, i would advise you do your home work properly, nigeria is not a country that is high on the list of asylum cases, and if it fails its automatic fast track deportation.

Good luck with that

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Adesuwa, Congrats on your freedom.

I applied for Asylum in 2013 that was refused. However I am a single mother to a British National son who is 1 year. Hence I am applying for fee waiver that way I can apply for FLR FP Parent Route. Been waiting now over 2 weeks, they have returned all my original documents but haven't heard anything from them. I am supported by Local Authority with Accommodation and finances.

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Does your son stay with u ? If so, u should get it

My documents were returned in june and I got a refusal in dec
They did not give a reason for the refusal. So I initiated a JR and got an apology.

If u are the RP (Resident patent) it would be approved

I am surprised u were deported when u applied for asylum. As refusals tend to trigger detention and fast track deportation

Adezz
Newly Registered

Post by Adezz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:21 am

Hi Eledumare

Have you got a response for your fee waiver yet?
I applied for a fee waiver too going to a month now.My documents was sent back after 2 weeks and am still waiting.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:20 pm

sorry for the late response, yes It was granted, I got the letter on the 10th of July. so all in all it took a month few days for the decision.

I pray you get your positive decision soon

Adezz wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:21 am
Hi Eledumare

Have you got a response for your fee waiver yet?
I applied for a fee waiver too going to a month now.My documents was sent back after 2 weeks and am still waiting.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:25 pm

I was initially detained for like a week but released on bail as the judge stressed that I came into the country at 15 and therefore I was a minor and I have lived in a stable home since entering in the uk. Lucky me I guess. Luckily I have now sent my application once Biometrics is done then the wait for my freedom begins.
adesuwa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:00 pm
Does your son stay with u ? If so, u should get it

My documents were returned in june and I got a refusal in dec
They did not give a reason for the refusal. So I initiated a JR and got an apology.

If u are the RP (Resident patent) it would be approved

I am surprised u were deported when u applied for asylum. As refusals tend to trigger detention and fast track deportation