ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expedited passport (EEA Naturalization)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

csongorintheuk
Newly Registered
Hungary

Expedited passport (EEA Naturalization)

Post by csongorintheuk » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:34 am

Hey all,

I have been really struggling with this so would appreciate any help i can get.

I need my passport as I travel a lot and I heard of an expedited passport checking service. I have literally everything done for the last step in the naturalization process (Life in the UK test, language cert, permanent residency, etc...) so all I need is to send off that mountain of paperwork.

How fast can I get my passport back? is there a service/special form/anything that could help me get my passport back sooner and how soon?

Bonus question for extra karma :) - the pages where you list every single trip outside of the UK - how accurate must those be? What if I forget something?

Your help is grately appreciated in advance,

Best,

Cs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expedited passport (EEA Naturalization)

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 am

1. You apply online for citizenship and upload your documents then attend ukcvas when you made an appointment for document check and biometrics. You don't send documents by post to HO anymore and you keep your originals. A passport application is completely separate to this and can only be done after your have attended your ceremony and are British.

2. Absences need to be fairly accurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

csongorintheuk
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by csongorintheuk » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Hey, thank you for your quick response and helpfulness. is there another service I can use? I called their 0900 number but it's decommissioned :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:18 pm

csongorintheuk wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm
is there another service I can use? I called their 0900 number but it's decommissioned :(
Not sure what service you are looking for when I have stated what service is used for applications, ie UKCVAS

british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:22 pm

csongorintheuk wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm
Hey, thank you for your quick response and helpfulness. is there another service I can use? I called their 0900 number but it's decommissioned :(
You need to apply online. If you apply on paper (which the Home Office is strongly discouraging people in the UK from using) you will have to send your documents in. The application process changed a couple of months ago. What CR001 has told you is the way to go.

Apply online.
Scan all your relevant supporting documents
Book your UKVCAS appointment for biometrics and document checking
Take your original documents with you to the UKVCAS appointment in case they need to rescan or check it.
Wait for the outcome of your citizenship application.
Attend your citizenship ceremony to become a British Ceremony if your application is successful

During all of that process, you will always have your original documents with you.

When you do become a British citizen, you will need to send your EEA passport into the Her Majesty's Passport Office, so you will be without your EEA passport for approximately 2 weeks at the point, and this is unavoidable, should you want a British passport. You don't need to have a British passport as a British Citizen, so it's up to you when you apply for the passport. Although if you don't apply within a year of becoming a British citizen, you're more likely to be invited to a passport interview when you do apply.

csongorintheuk
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by csongorintheuk » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Thanks Nerazzuri, that's super helpful. However, the one thing I still can't figure out is how to reach UKVCAS... they're unresponsive. :( (already emailed them to no avail)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm

csongorintheuk wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 pm
Thanks Nerazzuri, that's super helpful. However, the one thing I still can't figure out is how to reach UKVCAS... they're unresponsive. :( (already emailed them to no avail)
For what purpose are you trying to contact them?? They are only a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

csongorintheuk
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by csongorintheuk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm
csongorintheuk wrote:
For what purpose are you trying to contact them?? They are only a third party agent.
Hey, I'd like to arrange the document checking service so i can apply fully digitally for naturalization. Can you confirm they are indeed the right people to go to? (and thank you so much for all your help, i'm a litttle lost as you can tell) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

csongorintheuk wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm
csongorintheuk wrote:
Hey, I'd like to arrange the document checking service so i can apply fully digitally for naturalization. Can you confirm they are indeed the right people to go to? (and thank you so much for all your help, i'm a litttle lost as you can tell) :)
You apply on form AN online. At the end of the process you will be redirected to the UKCVA Sopra Steria site to book the appointment. You cannot make an appointment by phone.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an

british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)