ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application withdraw and re-apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manitops

ILR application withdraw and re-apply

Post by manitops » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm

I have been reading the forum and believe I applied too early for my ILR SET(M).

Can I withdraw my application and re-apply before my current FLRM runs out? what are my options please

Been legal in the UK since 2008 using both student + post study visa

Applied for FLR(M) in April 2013

FLR (M) Letter dated 4th July 2014 saying leave is granted. The BRP was valid from 08/July/2014 and expired 04/January/2017

Applied for second FLR (M) on the 02/ December/ 2016 using same day application which was granted. The BRP was valid from 02/December/2016 until 30/June/2019.

Applied for ILR Route : SET M, Spouse visa, Super Priority
Date application sent :2nd June 2019
Biometrics Enrolled :3rd June 2019
Complex Letter received : 4th June 2019

Please did I apply too early ?
Can I withdraw my application and re-apply ?
What are my options ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR application withdraw and re-apply

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm
I have been reading the forum and believe I applied too early for my ILR SET(M).

Can I withdraw my application and re-apply before my current FLRM runs out? what are my options please

FLR (M) Letter dated 4th July 2014 saying leave is granted. The BRP was valid from 08/July/2014 and expired 04/January/2017

Applied for second FLR (M) on the 02/ December/ 2016 using same day application which was granted. The BRP was valid from 02/December/2016 until 30/June/2019.

Yes! You didn't complete 60 months minus 28 days. Was 6th June 19

You could as you have extant leave. Ur current visa expires on 30th June 2019. You'll lose all fees though...and really no point now

What are my options ?

The delay may just go in ur favour..so do nothing....you may get ur SP fee back and since ur already in the qualifying period they shouldn't refuse you. It could be held for any number of reasons..verifications etc but also maybe to help you reach the qualifying period

manitops

Post by manitops » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 pm

Thanks aman90

How long will withdrawing an application take ?

I don't mind losing the application fee to get it right rather than wait for refusal after my visa has expired and lose my job?

If I was to be refused because of applying too early, what will be my options ?

Every other thing in terms of requirements for me looks fine
aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm
manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Yes! You didn't complete 60 months minus 28 days. Was 6th June 19

You could as you have extant leave. Ur current visa expires on 30th June 2019. You'll lose all fees though...and really no point now

What are my options ?

The delay may just go in ur favour..so do nothing....you may get ur SP fee back and since ur already in the qualifying period they shouldn't refuse you. It could be held for any number of reasons..verifications etc but also maybe to help you reach the qualifying period

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:50 pm

manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Thanks aman90

As soon as you apply ur new application takes precedence as you can only have one application pending with HO. Even if you withdraw an application they will have a copy of it so whatever the reason they have for holding ur application can crop up on the new application

I don't mind losing the application fee to get it right rather than wait for refusal after my visa has expired and lose my job?

Why so negative! You probably won't be refused and besides you don't know what they are gonna refuse you on at this point of time

Slow down! You won't be refused for that now! Ur already in ur qualifying period. If they had to refuse you on that pretext they would have on 04/06/19 instead of sending a complex letter as you applied super priority and had yet to qualify for ILR.

manitops

Post by manitops » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 am

Thanks aman90.
aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:50 pm
manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Thanks aman90

As soon as you apply ur new application takes precedence as you can only have one application pending with HO. Even if you withdraw an application they will have a copy of it so whatever the reason they have for holding ur application can crop up on the new application

Why so negative! You probably won't be refused and besides you don't know what they are gonna refuse you on at this point of time

Slow down! You won't be refused for that now! Ur already in ur qualifying period. If they had to refuse you on that pretext they would have on 04/06/19 instead of sending a complex letter as you applied super priority and had yet to qualify for ILR.

manitops

Post by manitops » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:27 pm

aman90 wrote:
I am pleased to say that my application for ILR SET(M) has been granted. Thanks for your encouragement as I was just so nervous. I haven't decided if I will purse my SP fee back, let me rejoice and sleep on the good news first :)

I just received the below email and also checked the BRP checker online

You can work in the UK

Details
There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

Dear XX XXXXXXXXX,

I am pleased to confirm that your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status.

Thank you for using our Super Priority Service.

Yours sincerely,

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:57 pm

manitops wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:27 pm
aman90 wrote:
I am pleased to say that my application for ILR SET(M) has been granted. Thanks for your encouragement as I was just so nervous. I haven't decided if I will purse my SP fee back, let me rejoice and sleep on the good news first :)

I just received the below email and also checked the BRP checker online

You can work in the UK

Details
There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

Dear XX XXXXXXXXX,

I am pleased to confirm that your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) via post in due course and these will confirm your immigration status.

Thank you for using our Super Priority Service.

Yours sincerely,

Well congratulations! They should refund it!
If they don’t.. no harm in asking..!!!!