ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Happymummy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:57 pm
Hello Happymummy,

Here's a very happydaddy 😁

I was blessed when reading your post and it gave me the strength I needed to pray to the Lord and He listened to my prayer. We got a decision today, I prayed on Thursday 20th and the Tribunal sent the letter to me the next day 21th with reached US this morning. He is faithful!

We had our hearing in May and the judge asked for 4 weeks to announce his decision. We've been so blessed throughout and even more when we found out our judge is also a servant of the Lord.

We lived as overstayers for 10 years as we only had a visitor visa back then. Not an easy life. We applied for leave to remain based on 7 year residency, our daughter now 7 and a half was born here.

Submitted our application in 2017 and year later home office refused with the right of appeal. We've appealed and after a 5 months wait had our appeal last May.

Today we got the papers in the post, allowed on human rights grounds. We're supper happy and I would like to thank some people here that helped a lot from their stories. I have learned a lot.

Many people ignored, others probably didn't know how they could help and others even tried to discourage us when our case was refused, saying that I should keep trying until my daughter turned 10 so that she could get the British citizenship. But, and this is a big but, in God we trust!

Anyone out there still waiting I say, don't lose hope. We've been there, we still feel the pain and we know how you feel, but it will get better and the joy will be overwhelming, trust me.

To Him be the glory forever Amen!

Happymummy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 pm
Hello everyone,
For those who are still waiting for Decision be patience and you will finally get the decision you are looking for.Most of all PRAY and you will indeed see the results.I have been an overstayer for 13 yrs and been Granted 30 months Ten year root through my partner.I have cried,lost sleep just the thought of Home Office decision.Ive even isolated myself from people.When I had my kid I was like what will I do in case i get separated from them?I was terrified.
Reading on stories here what people are going through and some similar cases as mine made me not loose hope at the end of the tunnel. :)
I can now have a breather and start a new life from the shadows.
There's a post by Baraza kept me going.And another post about a Parent who was in a similar situation as me and she got positive result.I Decided to kneel down and pray crying to God.I did that last week and surprising my solicitor gave me a ring yesterday.He was joyful, I cried and am still doing so coz it is unbelievable that I had to wait 5 months 10 days from the time of biometrics for them to decide.
I can indeed start my life now.

Prayer is Powerful and I thank my solicitor for taking my complex case as if it was no big deal. :)
Amen!!
Dont stop Praying and more Blessings coming your way when you keep on Praying..I am happy to hear they granted you stay.Indeed it hasn't easy and the patience paid out.Am super Happy for you and your family.🙂🙂
Try and stick to the rules when extending.

Congrats again @Vini81😊😊😊

Polo18t
Newly Registered

Post by Polo18t » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi

I have been following this timeline and have registered just to share my experience.

We received my wifes visa or BRP card without warning it just turned up in the post. We received no emails and the supporting documents turned up 2 days later by Royal Mail signed for delivery which also contained the decision letter. I found this odd however I was just glad it came. We applied in the first week of November 2018 and switched from FLR M to FLR FP on the basis that we have 2 British children and because I did not meet the financial requirement.

Total time taken was 7 months and no extra information was requested however I submitted a comprehensive case anyway.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 am

Hi happymummy,

Thanks for your message!

Just wanted to ask what do you mean by 'stick to the rules when extending' ad I've heard this here before..?

[/quote]
[/quote]
Amen!!
Dont stop Praying and more Blessings coming your way when you keep on Praying..I am happy to hear they granted you stay.Indeed it hasn't easy and the patience paid out.Am super Happy for you and your family.🙂🙂

[/quote]

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 am
Hi happymummy,

Thanks for your message!

Just wanted to ask what do you mean by 'stick to the rules when extending' ad I've heard this here before..?

[/quote]
Amen!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hello@Vini81,
The Dont wait until too late when extending so that they reset your time again to 0.Thats all otherwise happy new beginnings.🙂

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 am

Thank you for this.

How soon should we apply for an extension when the time comes? Do you know?

Also, have you received your BRP card already? How long does it normally take?

Thanks for the best wishes once again. I wish you the best too!

uote=Happymummy post_id=1796054 time=1561379397 user_id=220013]
Vini81 wrote:
Hi happymummy,

Thanks for your message!

[/quote]
Amen!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hello@Vini81,
The Dont wait until too late when extending so that they reset your time again to 0.Thats all otherwise happy new beginnings.🙂
[/quote]

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 am
Thank you for this.

How soon should we apply for an extension when the time comes? Do you know?

Also, have you received your BRP card already? How long does it normally take?

Thanks for the best wishes once again. I wish you the best too!

uote=Happymummy post_id=1796054 time=1561379397 user_id=220013]
Vini81 wrote:
Hi happymummy,

Thanks for your message!

Amen!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hello@Vini81,
[/quote]
[/quote]

@Vini81
I honestly wouldn't know but for what I read here is within 28 days before your leave expires so to be on the safe side do it three weeks before.Thats my opinion.
As for BRP mine came the day my solicitor called me but I recieved it personally after three days meaning on Thursday.
It states within 10 days after Decision.
Have you received it by now?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for the input.

I haven't received it yet. The judge signed his decision on the 12th and the tribunal sent it to us on the 21st (this is the date which it was promulgated) so I guess it's 10 days after the 21st?

They say HO can appeal and we would have to wait 14 days + whatever they take to send us the BRP after those 14 days (providing they don't appeal de judge's decision).

Need these cards so bad...

It's been a week today we have received the decision. So do you reckon its 10 days after the 21st?

If you check your determination letter, it says the day it was sent by the tribunal.

The other annoying thing is that they will likely send all the papers to my previous solicitor which of whom I have stopped instructing before the appeal hearing so I will have to keep checking on them. It is also likely that the fees awarded to us by the judge will also go to the solicitors account so that's another hassle I will have to go through in order to get it back.

Do you think is there a place I can call or email home office in order to update my details?

I know we shouldn't be anxious for anything but it seems that this wait now is kinda worst than the wait for the decision. :)

Best regards

@Vini81
I honestly wouldn't know but for what I read here is within 28 days before your leave expires so to be on the safe side do it three weeks before.Thats my opinion.
As for BRP mine came the day my solicitor called me but I recieved it personally after three days meaning on Thursday.
[/quote]

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Happymummy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Happymummy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 pm
Hello everyone,
For those who are still waiting for Decision be patience and you will finally get the decision you are looking for.Most of all PRAY and you will indeed see the results.I have been an overstayer for 13 yrs and been Granted 30 months Ten year root through my partner.I have cried,lost sleep just the thought of Home Office decision.Ive even isolated myself from people.When I had my kid I was like what will I do in case i get separated from them?I was terrified.
Reading on stories here what people are going through and some similar cases as mine made me not loose hope at the end of the tunnel. :)
I can now have a breather and start a new life from the shadows.
There's a post by Baraza kept me going.And another post about a Parent who was in a similar situation as me and she got positive result.I Decided to kneel down and pray crying to God.I did that last week and surprising my solicitor gave me a ring yesterday.He was joyful, I cried and am still doing so coz it is unbelievable that I had to wait 5 months 10 days from the time of biometrics for them to decide.
I can indeed start my life now.

Prayer is Powerful and I thank my solicitor for taking my complex case as if it was no big deal. :)

Aww Congrats babe. I have been an overstayer now 14 years. I can't wait for this struggle to be over. please enjoy your freedom... Well deserved x
Pray and have Hope that they will grant you and dont worry yourself about it.Try and keep busy..It was hard counting days which turned to weeks then months then I realised am not doing myself justice. That moment I decided to just let go of the burden and Let God guide me is when a Miracle happened. All will be well hun.

Thank you. The waiting is just hard. I sent my application for fee waiver on the 30th of May, they sent acknowledgment letter and dated it 3rd of June, they returned all the documents I sent for my fee waiver i still havnt heard anything yet. I havnt submitted my main application. But as you have said I will continue to pray and hope on the Lord.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 am

Can anyone please help?

Those with experience with regards to after appeal allowed I would like to know if there is a way I can ask home office to update my correspondence details so our documents are sent back to our home instead to our previous solicitor’s address? I just don’t want to deal with them not more.

Also, with regards to fee award, I heard they would send the money back to the account it was paid from, that’s also my solicitor’s and again, don’t want to stress with chasing after our money.

Any help?

Many thanks

hasan2019
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan2019 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am

Hello everyone, I got my appeal hearing date!! (FLR FP BRITISH PARTNER 10YEAR ROUTE) (OVERSTAYER) 2nd Of August. It took long 3 years of struggle and hardships to come to this stage In Sha Allah hope it ends finally. Please put forward all your advice and suggestions for the appeal. Also Everyone please remember me in your prayers. Thank you all in advance

hasan2019
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan2019 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:12 am

Meet32 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:37 am
G recieved passport & grant letter by soliciter @ 28 May in second class dates 20 May
Now I can travel 🧳
Long 3 year fight is over
3 flr refusals
1 jr refusal
8 days detention
2 years of signing every month
Now everything is over & happy days r back
Thinking of going honeymoon
Best of luck all of u & have a great life ahead
Goodbye 👋

Hi

Can you please please tell us what question they asked you and your wife in the court room. I have got my hearing coming soon, would be very helpful.

Simonee_omari186
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Simonee_omari186 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi everyone just wanted share the good news that I was granted leave to remain.....to all those waiting for a decision don't lose hope and you never get more than you can bear..thanks for the words of encouragement prettymum. Blessings

Mohammad zog
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mohammad zog » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Congratulations :) can u share ur story plz and when did u submited ur application thank u :D

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:55 pm

Meet32 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:48 am
Hi good morning all
After a battle of 3 years I finally recieved my brp card today I want to thank everyone in this forum to support me & never let me down at any point of life

Flr fp partner route
Came student 2011
Applied extension till April 2017
Revoked may 2016
Applied flr o May 2016
Refused jan 2017 with no right of appeal
Applied flr fp (unmarried partner )
Applied jan 2017
Register marriage may 2017
Refused feb 2018 with out of country appeal (uncertified )
Applied jr March 2018
DetAined March 2018 (8 days )
Bail 201 March 2018
Applied flr fp with all proofs may 2018
Jr refused July 2018
Additional documents feb 2019
Refused with in country March 2019
Appealed ftt March 2019
Got date April 2019 (but floating list )
Heard at ftt April 2019 (same day )
Got allowed by judge same day
Letter recieved (after 4 days ) 2 May 2019
Brp Card recieved -23 May 2019 approved
Waiting for passport & grant letter

I can’t explain my happiness all I want to say is that I have struggled a lot in this country & finally after 3 years of kind fight I recieved all my things back to normal simply saying that don’t lose ur heart be strong & support each other
Don’t let urself down always be positive & loveable to everyone
In my case things goes very fast as I have seen
I got date in 1 months got brp in just 18 days after Appeal allowed
Thanks to everyone again
Hi your and my case is 99 percent the same.
Can you explain what did they asked you in court and what is In your determination under what law the allowed your appeal
My application has been refused but this time after long battle they give me incountry right of appeal

Simonee_omari186
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Simonee_omari186 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 am

Good morning everyone....to answer your question Mohammad zog I was an overstayer for almost 10 years and I had a child who is British so applied for 10 year parent route whilst still living with my ex partner... I was granted on exceptional circumstances that it would be unreasonable to expect the child to leave the you and it would breech my human rights..... so happy I hardly slept lastnight

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:52 am

This is great, congratulations!!

You mentioned you barely slept, I have been like so for the last 10 days as well since we were granted leave after our appeal.

Appeal allowed also under Human rights 7 year residency. We are yet to receive our permits and a fee award.

Happy days!
Simonee_omari186 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi everyone just wanted share the good news that I was granted leave to remain.....to all those waiting for a decision don't lose hope and you never get more than you can bear..thanks for the words of encouragement prettymum. Blessings

Mohammad zog
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mohammad zog » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 am

Simonee_omari186 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 am
Good morning everyone....to answer your question Mohammad zog I was an overstayer for almost 10 years and I had a child who is British so applied for 10 year parent route whilst still living with my ex partner... I was granted on exceptional circumstances that it would be unreasonable to expect the child to leave the you and it would breech my human rights..... so happy I hardly slept lastnight
Hello, it is the same case as mine having british child and living with my ex i applied in feb do u think it is gonna take too long for there decision?

Simonee_omari186
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Simonee_omari186 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Congratulations vini81.....give thanks we can finally breathe now!!!YES!!!.... Mohammad zog...I think you have a strong case just make sure you give strong evidence of your parental relationship....you should be fine....sending some luck your way all will be well

Mohammad zog
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mohammad zog » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Simonee_omari186 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Congratulations vini81.....give thanks we can finally breathe now!!!YES!!!.... Mohammad zog...I think you have a strong case just make sure you give strong evidence of your parental relationship....you should be fine....sending some luck your way all will be well
Hopefully :) but how long did ur app tooked or how long normaly it is taking

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Hello @Vini81
It can even take 21 days for your BRP to come so dont stress yourself on that.I know of a person whose BRP delayed.They got it eventually.
Just wait for the 21 days to end then do follow up.
Vini81 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 am
Hello,

Thanks for the input.

I haven't received it yet. The judge signed his decision on the 12th and the tribunal sent it to us on the 21st (this is the date which it was promulgated) so I guess it's 10 days after the 21st?

They say HO can appeal and we would have to wait 14 days + whatever they take to send us the BRP after those 14 days (providing they don't appeal de judge's decision).

Need these cards so bad...

It's been a week today we have received the decision. So do you reckon its 10 days after the 21st?

If you check your determination letter, it says the day it was sent by the tribunal.

The other annoying thing is that they will likely send all the papers to my previous solicitor which of whom I have stopped instructing before the appeal hearing so I will have to keep checking on them. It is also likely that the fees awarded to us by the judge will also go to the solicitors account so that's another hassle I will have to go through in order to get it back.

Do you think is there a place I can call or email home office in order to update my details?

I know we shouldn't be anxious for anything but it seems that this wait now is kinda worst than the wait for the decision. :)

Best regards

@Vini81
[/quote]

Simonee_omari186
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Simonee_omari186 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 am

Good morning everyone.....i did biometrics on January 19 2019 and got a decision on June 28 2019.....so a little over 5 months and there was no extra documents requested Mohammad zog

Mat135
Newly Registered

Post by Mat135 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:27 am
Hi Alaga247,

Just wanted to ask for your fee waiver, did they return your original documents before sending your approval letter??

I applied for fee waiver just over a week ago, I have just received all my original documents back saying they have all been electronically scanned, and I am freaking out.
Hi Eledumare,
Can I know what kind of documentd you sent for the fee waiver application please,
Thank you

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 am

Mat135 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Hi Alaga247,

Just wanted to ask for your fee waiver, did they return your original documents before sending your approval letter??

I applied for fee waiver just over a week ago, I have just received all my original documents back saying they have all been electronically scanned, and I am freaking out.
Hi Eledumare,
Can I know what kind of documentd you sent for the fee waiver application please,
Thank you
Got a letter this morning my fee waiver has been accepted. Will submit my application form today. Thanks be to God.

For the Fee waiver the documents I sent.
Letter from my Local Authorities to show they support my son and I with money and accommodation.
Letter from a registered charity to show they also support us.
My sons birth certificate, photocopy of my passport.
Letter from my friends and family stating why they cane support my son and I anymore.
Personal letter explaining my situation.
6 months bank statement.
Letter from the credit company that I owe them.

I hope this helps

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Also try and include your hospital letter when you gave birth and also if you have any letters from hospital or clinic for your child.
Eledumare wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 am
Mat135 wrote:
Eledumare wrote:
Hi Alaga247,

Hi Eledumare,
Thank you
Got a letter this morning my fee waiver has been accepted. Will submit my application form today. Thanks be to God.

Letter from my Local Authorities to show they support my son and I with money and accommodation.
Letter from my friends and family stating why they cane support my son and I anymore.
6 months bank statement.

I hope this helps

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Thank you. Do you remember the documents you sent with your FLR FP application as I’m doing the parent route.

Pls help me with a list if you can remember.

Thank you

Happymummy wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 pm
Also try and include your hospital letter when you gave birth and also if you have any letters from hospital or clinic for your child.
Eledumare wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 am
Mat135 wrote:
Eledumare wrote:
Hi Alaga247,

Hi Eledumare,
Thank you

6 months bank statement.

I hope this helps