ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Schengen Visa - has anyone recently applied for one?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ShrutiBlue
India

German Schengen Visa - has anyone recently applied for one?

Post by ShrutiBlue » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:00 pm

I am planning a visit to Germany on 5th of July and unfortunately only able to get a visa appointment for the end of June. Their website says that the processing time is 5 working days.

I was wondering if anyone has applied for a visa with Visametric recently and is able to share their experience regarding processing times?

Also, will I be able to pick up my passport from the centre to speed things up (rather than waiting for them to deliver)?

panjaabee
Newly Registered

Re: German Schengen Visa - has anyone recently applied for one?

Post by panjaabee » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi ShrutiBlue

I have submitted my wife's passport today (21st June 2019) for Germany Schengen Visa at Visametric German. My Wife's Nationality is Indian, and I am British Citizen.

Documents Submitted :
1.Filled Application Form with photograph,( but do not paste photo on the form as they want you to write your full name at back of photo in CAPITAL LETTERS , just handover it as it is.) (Schengen Visa Germany).
2.Original Passport of my Wife's Indian (Passport)
3.Photocopy of BRP residency Permit Spouse Visa UK of my wife. (Original seen and returned at counter)
4. Photocopy of Marriage Certificate of Me and My Wife (Original Seen and returned on counter)
5. Photocopy of my British Passport( Original Seen and Returned at Counter)

They have just only kept passport of my wife and taken her Bio-metrics.

Fees Charged

VisaMetric Processing fees 21.80 GBP.
Courier Delivery Fees 15.00 GBP
VISA FEES 00.00 GBP ( Applied as partner of EU spouse, therefore visa fees is Exempt )
TOTAL 36.80 GBP

I ASKED THE LADY HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO PROCESS THE VISA, SHE TOLD ME IT TAKES ONLY
5 WORKING DAYS FOR THE INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS.

Once we received my wife's passport i will update you.

With Regards
Panjaabee 21st JUNE 2019.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Please do let me know when you get your wife’s passport back.

panjaabee
Newly Registered

Post by panjaabee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:44 am

Hi Shruti

I have received my wife’s passport this morning 27th June 2019 07:30 AM, by DX courier and Visa Stamped on it.

submitted application on 21st June 2019 and Biometrics done

There is a paper inside the envelope shows that
Germany embassy received passport on 24th June 2019 and Visa Stamp date is 26th June 2019.

So its 4 working days processing time for my wife’s Visa Application.

Regards
Panjaabee :D .

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:11 am

Thanks for letting me know.

We applied for our visa on Thursday the 27th and have just received an email that our passports are ready to collect. That was just two working days!

In our case they took a copy of the passport, BRP, hotel booking, flight tickets, travel insurance, original letter from the employer (my husband had a print out of a pdf that his employer sent to him so they took his payslips as well) and bank statements along with a photograph. Fee was around £75 without delivery costs.

We pick our passports on Friday before we fly, now regretting opting for collection instead of getting them delivered :lol: