ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Questions

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi

I have a couple of questions to ask

Husband: In Uk
Spouse: Pakistan

I have applied for the visa on the gov.co.uk website for partner to come stay in the UK.
Once completed paid the fee and the IHS payment, it then went to VFS Global and I have uploaded all the documents booked appointment which is on Wednesday 3rd July, however due to some confusion I need some urgent advice as this may need cancelling.

1. After biometric appointment booked I checked the details and it states "Visa type" Appendix FM Partner, now searching these forums I come across people saying it's settlement, now I do not recall anywhere I chose this option above I really can not recall it, but it has come to my attention now, the visa amount I paid and the IHS charge is the exact amount required for spouse visa, this however I don't know if it will affect the application?

2. Documents were uploaded but for some reason on 15 attachments can upload per section, for example financial requirement I have about 20 pdf files, this only lets me upload 15, when I upload more it says it's done but when I go to check it has not added, this was done several times in the end, I decided to add the documents in the sections I could not in additonal docs, this I think should be ok?

3. From the application I noticed on VFS Global there is a section that says Appendix 2? I just attached the PDF of the completed application form and some extra whats app PDF screenshots because i couldnt add more in the other sections.

4. Does it matter if the documents are not exactly in the right section when uploading, I have tried to be as accurate as I can. however due to not able to add more in that section I added it in others.

5. I have recieved no messages at all to send documents anywhere, I keep seeing documents sent to Sheffield? When is this? Does this still need to be done or has it changed now?

6. The Biometric appointment is booked on Weds 3rd July and I may need to cancel if I got some of the details wrong, if I cancel it from VFS global website, does this cancel the whole application? I rang the premium rate numer for UKVI spoke to a guy to be honest it was a waste of £8 quid/ didn't get anywhere.

7. I got an email confirmation from VFS Global about the appointment booking but the address where the centre is (Mirpur) is not stated on the confirmation it just says
VFS Visa Application Centre Address:
{ADDRESS}
Thank you,
VFS Visa Application Center

Is this normal?

Would really appreciate any help you guys can give as I don't have much time if I am to cancel this appointment.

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Questions

Post by Parv2018 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi

In regards to the uploading of documents, I felt that it would be a peace of mind just paying the 75 pound fees and Vfs upload the documents for you. From what I can remember my solicitor filled in the application form online and we had to upload a document to go further on in the application so she just uploaded IELTS test certificate.
I then attended the visa application centre and I had already sectioned my supporting documents using the vfs barcode pages off the vfs site.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... -documents

In regards to the confirmation you received about the biometric appointment, my husband received the same confirmation and still attended the Lahore vfs centre we chose when booking his appointment. He just took along his passport and checklist with all the documents they asked including his passport.

Appendix FM applications are for individuals who are Non-European Nationals, and who are seeking to enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family life with a person who is either a British Citizen, is settled in the UK or has refugee status or humanitarian protection.

I’m regards to the appendix 2 question
My solicitor said Applications from abroad must be filed online, but it is also necessary to print and complete Appendix 2, which covers the financial requirements.

I hope this helps a little we are on day 20 waiting for a decision.

Good luck

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Parv2018 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Hi

In regards to the uploading of documents, I felt that it would be a peace of mind just paying the 75 pound fees and Vfs upload the documents for you. From what I can remember my solicitor filled in the application form online and we had to upload a document to go further on in the application so she just uploaded IELTS test certificate.
I then attended the visa application centre and I had already sectioned my supporting documents using the vfs barcode pages off the vfs site.

In regards to the confirmation you received about the biometric appointment, my husband received the same confirmation and still attended the Lahore vfs centre we chose when booking his appointment. He just took along his passport and checklist with all the documents they asked including his passport.

Appendix FM applications are for individuals who are Non-European Nationals, and who are seeking to enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family life with a person who is either a British Citizen, is settled in the UK or has refugee status or humanitarian protection.

My solicitor said Applications from abroad must be filed online, but it is also necessary to print and complete Appendix 2, which covers the financial requirements.

Good luck

Thanks, Good luck with your application In Sha Allah it will get accepted,

To be honest, the document upload is straightforward but the website is terrible, always crashes.

Thats reassuring with the appointment as yours did not show address either, the appendix 2 is quite puzzling, the VA4FA Form is used for North Korea applicants only, this form is part of that but the financial part, on the gov website when applying for this visa, there is no mention of an appendix 2 form and in the checklist is not there either, those questions that asked in the appendix 2 form is on the main application anyway. Can anyone else clarify if this needs to be added on part of the application as I have not done that part, as it never asked to..

Thanks

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Post by Parv2018 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 pm

If you look at other members post you will be able to see that appendix 2 has been submitted along with the online application but I have not heard or read that anyone’s application was refused due to appendix 2 not being submitted.
I hope someone else might be able to clarify further.

Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 am

Parv2018 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 pm
If you look at other members post you will be able to see that appendix 2 has been submitted along with the online application but I have not heard or read that anyone’s application was refused due to appendix 2 not being submitted.

Kind regards
Until few ago months ago the appendix 2 used to be downloaded, printed and hand filled which was mandatory to be sent and its absence led to refusal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:14 am

Parv2018 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Hi

Hi I had problems uploading so went to the VFS centre to have documents scanned and biometrics have been enrolled. You mention you had to upload a document to go further on in the application - what came next? I haven’t done this so a bit worried now. Thanks

Good luck

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 am
Parv2018 wrote:

Kind regards
Until few ago months ago the appendix 2 used to be downloaded, printed and hand filled which was mandatory to be sent and its absence led to refusal.
So is it best to complete and add it before the appointment that is in 2 days or leave it as it does not mention on the checklist?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 am

Nadalesque wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 am
seagul wrote:
Parv2018 wrote:

Kind regards
So is it best to complete and add it before the appointment that is in 2 days or leave it as it does not mention on the checklist?
Hi hope you are well.

The appendix two is mandatory if you applied using visa4uk I believe but the new application form on gov I don't think you need to attach. You can do so if you wish to be on the safe side.

Does it matter if you used new site or visa4uk site. I have not registered with commercial partner, can I still visit vfs centre and ask them to upload documents scans.

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:25 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 am
Nadalesque wrote:
seagul wrote:
Parv2018 wrote:

Kind regards
Hi hope you are well.

The appendix two is mandatory if you applied using visa4uk I believe but the new application form on gov I don't think you need to attach. You can do so if you wish to be on the safe side.

Does it matter if you used new site or visa4uk site. I have not registered with commercial partner, can I still visit vfs centre and ask them to upload documents scans.

From my own experience, on the gov.co.uk site once application was completed it said to book appointment for fingerprints etc and when you click on it automatically transfers to vfs global, there it gives the option to upload the documents.

How did you apply?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 am

Nadalesque wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:25 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Nadalesque wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hi hope you are well.

From my own experience, on the gov.co.uk site once application was completed it said to book appointment for fingerprints etc and when you click on it automatically transfers to vfs global, there it gives the option to upload the documents.

How did you apply?

I applied using visa4uk site. It says register for commercial partner but in all honesty it doesn't work. I have booked biometrics, paid application fees and IHS payment straight after submitting application. I need to also basically pay extra to keep passport but unable as the vfs site don't allow me to register. Will supporting documents need to be posted to Sheffield or scanned at vfs?

Do you know if you can pay at the centre in mirpur?

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 am

00925827438001 MIRPUR contact number, they however not been answering all day today which is very frustrating.

I am not sure with the question you asked, I believe you can pay there but not sure, best to ring them.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Nadalesque wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 am
00925827438001 MIRPUR contact number, they however not been answering all day today which is very frustrating.

I am not sure with the question you asked, I believe you can pay there but not sure, best to ring them.
Hi thanks,

As my partner will be applying in Pakistan but is afghan and lives in Afghanistan. Do I have to select that she is not a national of the country she is applying from and just explain that she has applied for a visitor visa and because the government website suggests all afghanistan applications need to go through Pakistan.

Have you got the number for Islamabad centre?

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Post by Parv2018 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 am
Nadalesque wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:25 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Nadalesque wrote:

Hi hope you are well.

How did you apply?

I applied using visa4uk site. It says register for commercial partner but in all honesty it doesn't work. I have booked biometrics, paid application fees and IHS payment straight after submitting application. I need to also basically pay extra to keep passport but unable as the vfs site don't allow me to register. Will supporting documents need to be posted to Sheffield or scanned at vfs?

Do you know if you can pay at the centre in mirpur?
Hi
I (sponsor)went to Vfs here in England but my husband went to Lahore centre for his biometric.
My husband mentioned that other applicants had bought their supporting documents to be uploaded there and they just paid the scanning and uploading fee.

I’m presuming all is the same at every centre but I can’t sat for sure about Mirpur.