ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI when divorced but have Indian Parent

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mumbai123
Newly Registered

OCI when divorced but have Indian Parent

Post by Mumbai123 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:31 am

Hi,

I'm British by birth. My dad kept his Indian citizenship but mum (Indian by birth) took UK citizenship. Both have passed away. I was married to an Indian citizen but divorced 16 years ago. I did not remarry etc.
(1) Do I need to give 'spouse details' when I don't have a spouse? I heard he lives in Australia now - we have no contact whatsoever.
(2) I know his old Indian passport number from when we married - do I provide that or leave blank?
(3) I wish to apply on basis of my father being Indian - is it enough proof of Indian origin if I only give copy of his passport?
(4) What other docs do I need? I know I need to provide my birth certificate with parents' names.
(5) I don't have my mother's British or original Indian passport - will that be a problem?

I hope someone can advise