ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Akas14
Newly Registered
India

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Akas14 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Anu1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:47 pm
KatiSarah wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Hi,I applied 14th of February and had the biometrics the same day for 100£ fee to Croydon centre.I have refugee status and of course I entered into the Uk illegally (as most of the refugees).
Thnks katisarah.dnt know if it's mean homeoffice made the decision.is any one here on this forum knows so plz let us know thnks
Hi,
Once you submit application online ..it has only certain days validity (like 3 months )to attend biometric interview and then HO remove link from there server .I don't think it has anything do with application status

mengo

Post by mengo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:19 am

kolomatskyi wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:46 pm
aaliya1986 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:42 pm
more than 14 weeks gone and still no update. whenever i e-mail its the standard response. looks like they will take full 6 months.

anyone else waiting since they have applied in march 2019?
I have applied 25th of Feb and still no news as well ( 4 month already).

How are home office confirm or come back to your regarding application? is it just Mail or will it be followed up by Email as well? just wondering if it is just Mail, it can be lost somewhere and there is no way to find out until whole 6 month will elapse?

thanks
Hi Kolomatsky,

I also applied on 25th Feb and was in same situation like you. Try emailing them as my email revealed that the decision has been made already for 2 weeks but "due to administrative error" it was not sent out. My email triggered sending out the letter which I yet to receive.

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Quote your details such as your Home Office/Case ID reference number(s), full name, Date of birth and Telephone number.

Try emailing early in the morning and be prepared not to receive any response first day. Hopefully, they will let you know soon.

mengo

Post by mengo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:21 am

Akas14 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 pm
Anu1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:47 pm
KatiSarah wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Hi,I applied 14th of February and had the biometrics the same day for 100£ fee to Croydon centre.I have refugee status and of course I entered into the Uk illegally (as most of the refugees).
Thnks katisarah.dnt know if it's mean homeoffice made the decision.is any one here on this forum knows so plz let us know thnks
Hi,
Once you submit application online ..it has only certain days validity (like 3 months )to attend biometric interview and then HO remove link from there server .I don't think it has anything do with application status
I applied in February and the decision has been made, but I can still access my UKVCAS file. So, I don't think you can draw any conclusions from UKVCAS access. Thanks

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Hi all,I email the home office to the FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and this is the response that they send.Gerneral response.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of about 08 June.

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services.

Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Regards

xxxxxxx

Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration

mengo

Post by mengo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 am

KatiSarah wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Hi all,I email the home office to the FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and this is the response that they send.Gerneral response.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of about 08 June.

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services.

Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Regards

xxxxxxx

Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration
It means your application has not been decided yet. NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk provide more details if you are lucky enough to receive a response from them.

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:06 am

I have provided all information that I have to them,andI did write to them in that email address too.The response was that every application was delt in order when we receive them.Maybe because I am a refugee.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:04 pm
Taina wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi guys, Ive noticed some people received " You will be contacted within 21 working days” email....is there a way to ask Home Office for this email? I am stressing every day that what if the letter by post goes missing and I will never know what's going on :? :? ...It has been 3 months since I applied, heard nothing, I am EU applicant. I have sent an email to FutherNationalityEnquieries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, asking them to let me know only one simple thing - if any post has been sent to me. All they replied " I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process"... does this mean no correspondence been posted ? Should I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk instead , or it doesn't matter ? Thank you
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice one sent me same reply
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk i emailed twice and both times i got reply that my representatives were contacted on 29th may but so far i didnt recieve anything is there anyone who got a reply like mine and recieved anything. its been 9 days but nothing recieved
Hi all
as i was told in email reply that my representatives were contacted on 29th may but they till today didnt recieve anything.i emailed them after that that i did not recieve any kind of correspondence but they are now not replying to me, can anyone tell me if the post might have been lost as now i am worried what if they asked for further docs etc and i didnt recieve the letter whch could eventually make them refuse application God forbid, plz tell me who should i email?
thanks

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi all,I just received another email from nationality team.
Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 14th February 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker. Your documents will normally remain on file, until this time.
FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP
T:

katkavics
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by katkavics » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:47 pm

I'd be interested in the previous address matters too.
I had a period when I was moving almost every few months, does it worth mention all? Some were even a couchsurf in one of my friends living room which wasn't exactly official.
How and what qualifies to be your official address?
Also by a mistake, my address has been given to my employer in the wrong way and in all p60's and payslips a non-existing address is being present. I contacted the employer but yet I was not given any answer to how this affects my overall score.
Any advice on that one?

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:08 pm

I genuinely believe that for those with Refugee status takes longer than the other categories! and i do not understand why it should be like this!!!!!

I applied on the 1st April and still have not been heard anything from UKVI. This is absolutely frustrating.
I always paid tax onetime, neither had any criminal records etc.
I can see here people after my application and already got the approval!

I would like you all who applied with the Refugee status, please share your timeline with us and keep us posted!

God Bless you all

Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:08 pm
I genuinely believe that for those with Refugee status takes longer than the other categories! and i do not understand why it should be like this!!!!!

I applied on the 1st April and still have not been heard anything from UKVI. This is absolutely frustrating.
I always paid tax onetime, neither had any criminal records etc.
I can see here people after my application and already got the approval!

I would like you all who applied with the Refugee status, please share your timeline with us and keep us posted!

God Bless you all

Sam
This is NOT a share your timeline thread and it is NOT only refugees who wait long. Many members have waited long, some more than a year.

British citizenship is not a right or entitlement, it is a privilege.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Salah libya wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:54 am
Hello respected members
I applied for naturalisation on 11 of March and haven’t heard from the home office yet . I applied under ILR + refugee state . Is this delay because refugee’s Application takes long time than others like EU or married to BC etc .

Secondly

I submitted my naturalisation application before completed the 12 months period .it was 2 days before as my bio done 3 days after . Could you please help me if this could be a problem and get refused.thanx
Hi , any news about your application ?

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Is it true that the Ceremony to become British Citizen need not be held in one's local county.?
Is it possible to have one's citizenship ceremony in another county ?

Graham

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Is it true that the Ceremony to become British Citizen need not be held in one's local county.?
Is it possible to have one's citizenship ceremony in another county ?

Graham
Yes it can be held at any council provided you stated this clearly in the application form. Much harder to change after you have applied and received approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inkeshaf
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by inkeshaf » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi Guys

Need Info for below questions ,
Received ILR on below dates
issue date :- 21-12-2018
valid :-31-12-2024

1)When to apply for the Naturalisation?
2) What is the duration it will take ? I have got ILR via 10 Years route?
3)what documents i need to keep it ready for the Naturalisation?

thanks in advance,,your guidance is needed

Regards

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:12 am

Hi all!

Is it normal that I can still access my sopra account and amend my documents even though I applied more than 2 months ago?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:16 am

ChristoforosP wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:12 am
Hi all!

Is it normal that I can still access my sopra account and amend my documents even though I applied more than 2 months ago?

Thanks!
Yes it is normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi respected members! Please anyone who got refugees status +ILR and applied within last 6 months for naturalisation/ citizenship and received any reply from the home office. Any update will be highly appreciated. Good luck everyone. Best wishes.

artem1979
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by artem1979 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi, anyone has any piece of advice for me, would much appreciate any direction to look to ..
artem1979 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:52 am
Hi Everyone

I have just started my online BC application and am looking for some advise here
Would much appreciate any help guys

Tier1 BRP resident since 2011
ILR BRP card since 2016

While travelling back home to visit parents I have lost my national passport not so long time ago with all the history and stamps since 2016 gone. I got new passport right away but its practically blank now. I have got only a copy of a front page of my old passport.

So Q`s are:

1/ Does the lost passport create any complications to the application consideration process? Do I need to explain it? Do I need to write some covering letter? Anything to be aware of?

2/ How do I confirm I was present in the UK 5 years ago at the date of application? What evidence should I prepare?

3/ Similarly, how do I confirm my residency requirement - my travels and absences ? I do have a spreadsheet containing my travel history for last 6-7 years, but what evidence should I think of? Would a letter from the employer confirming all by business travels with dates and destinations suffice, for example?

Anyone had similar situation?

Thank you very much for your help!

Anu1985
Newly Registered

Post by Anu1985 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Refugees786 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 pm
Hi respected members! Please anyone who got refugees status +ILR and applied within last 6 months for naturalisation/ citizenship and received any reply from the home office. Any update will be highly appreciated. Good luck everyone. Best wishes.
Hi.i applied on 6th off march for citizenship and got the decision on 22june.i Was on refugees stratus.now just waiting for my british passport to arrive.

unanimous
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by unanimous » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:44 pm

cool_doc wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:56 pm
Looks like my wait is still on:

Applied on 27th December and Biometric on 2nd January.

Still no sign of brown envelope. Even I don't have any black marks on immigration or other histories.

Perhaps process is very random, some people gets early approval and others have to wait and wait.
Any update on this mate?

I applied on Jan 12th and nothing yet,

asdap
Newly Registered

Post by asdap » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am

Hi. I came to the UK via Indefinite Leave to Enter and this month was my exact 5th year. I am due to take my English and Life in the UK test this coming week. Am I now eligible to apply for British Citizenship (naturalisation)? straight away? Or do I have to be in the UK for six years first? I'm a bit confused with "must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years" and "must have ILR in the last 12 months" that means for some, they must have lived in the UK for six years? But since I'm on ILE and have been here for 5 years exactly, am I now eligible to apply?

Thanks in advance!

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:11 am

asdap wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am
Hi. I came to the UK via Indefinite Leave to Enter and this month was my exact 5th year. I am due to take my English and Life in the UK test this coming week. Am I now eligible to apply for British Citizenship (naturalisation)? straight away? Or do I have to be in the UK for six years first? I'm a bit confused with "must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years" and "must have ILR in the last 12 months" that means for some, they must have lived in the UK for six years? But since I'm on ILE and have been here for 5 years exactly, am I now eligible to apply?

Thanks in advance!
You need to wait 6 years before applying, now you not eligible for citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:12 am

Djuliane wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:11 am
asdap wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am

Thanks in advance!
You need to wait 6 years before applying, now you not eligible for citizenship
You are Incorrect. The op has held ilr or ile for 5 years, no need to wait 6 years as citizenship is based on 5 years residence and must include at least 12 months in ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am

Hi
I was a refugee applied on the 8th March and still waiting for a decision. Its 4 months exactly today and no response from home office except a generic email as you applied this day so it will take a while longer for consideration.

I can see people who applied in May also getting their approval. So I’m worried the delay on my application.

Are there people still waiting who applied in January February and March. If so please leave your comments as well thanks