ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé marriage settlement visa rejected - advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lavroh
Newly Registered
India

Fiancé marriage settlement visa rejected - advice please

Post by lavroh » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello,

I made a fiance Visa application under the marriage settlement category, and it was unfortunately rejected Citing a missing Appendix 2. But we had given salary slips and bank statements for my partner and prospective husband from the two jobs he had (one till April 19 and next one since, with the income far exceeding the required £18,600. We had employer letters confirming gross annual salary from both employers.

The entry clearance officer clearly overlooked the salary slips and that injection is totally invalid. I am very stressed and this has scuppered our wedding plans.

We don’t want to wait too long for an appeal, but have read posts which say that complaints to the Home Office and emails to the director-general can give quick results and overturn the rejection.

Can any members who have done these things advice? We will of course make a new application if that’s the only quick option, but if there’s anything better to be done, any advice would be very very helpful thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Fiancé marriage settlement visa rejected - advice please

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:23 am

lavroh wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 pm
it was unfortunately rejected Citing a missing Appendix 2. But we had given salary slips and bank statements for my partner and prospective husband from the two jobs he had (one till April 19 and next one since, with the income far exceeding the required £18,600. We had employer letters confirming gross annual salary from both employers.
Appendix 2 is mandatory despite you have attached all financial documents. If you hadn't supplied it then refusal is correct.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lavroh
Newly Registered
India

Post by lavroh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:31 pm

I am sorry what you say isn’t right. The rejection letter itself says Appendix 2 is not a mandatory document. If the other documents are adequate to verify the income requirement is met.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:38 pm

lavroh wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:31 pm
I am sorry what you say isn’t right. The rejection letter itself says Appendix 2 is not a mandatory document. If the other documents are adequate to verify the income requirement is met.
Read the appendix2 form you will very clearly see that it is needed for fiancee and spouses of settled person. Maybe its not needed if the new online application form is already having it otherwise its mandatory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:26 pm

When did you make the application and was it directly from gov site or visa4uk.

I have applied on the 14th June and no where it has stated or even uttered the words appendix 2 on the gov website when application was made on this date. So I have not included this because as far as I am aware it does not ask for it..

When you did the application you should have a checklist was it not on that?

lavroh
Newly Registered
India

Post by lavroh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:09 am

Yes, my application was Visa4uk online direct. Appendix 2 is mentioned nowhere in the immigration rules, they do a really bad job at it and they should publicise it if they really require it.

lavroh
Newly Registered
India

Post by lavroh » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:37 am

Just an update-my fiance Visa refusal was overturned after approaching my MP and the director-general of UKVI

srahman
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by srahman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Dear lavroh

Can you please give me little details about how you sorted out the problem (what procedure you followed to contact the MP and the Director General)
I am under same situation now and going through severe stress.

Thanks

lavroh
Newly Registered
India

Post by lavroh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 am

You can search online for director-general UK VI email address and email his office, and you can write to your MP by finding the details online as well