ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa email and priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sg88
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa email and priority service

Post by sg88 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 am

Hi, my husband (sponsor) who lives in UK uploaded all our supporting documents onto VFS website uploading page. I attended biometrics appointment on 11th June 2019 in Lahore Pakistan and after going through a checklist and giving biometrics I was given a receipt
I have 2 questions:

1) Everything I have read on this website indicates applicant receives some sort of email to confirm home office has received file and is being reviewed. Some receive on the day, some next days, others after a few days. Today Is 2nd July 2019, 3 weeks (21 days) since submitting file and still no email. Do they always send an email, is it a must do on ther part, should I be worried? We also paid alot of extra money for priority service and from reading online seems like many people who did non priority even managed to receive quicker than we have.
2) is the priority service a big fraud, after submitted and paying extra, I have read many reviews on this website where many people who done non priority received file before those who did priority. Do they have a timeline for this as some say within 1month, some 6 weeks and others mention despite paying extra it took a very long time. Is the priority service a big scam and have I just wasted my money. How can they take longer than the time mentioned on their website if they are charging such large sums of money?
Thank you in advance for you response :)

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa email and priority service

Post by Parv2018 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi
I have read also on this forum about different timescales for everything. Don’t focus on the negative as each case is different and everyone’s experience is different.

Some received emails and some didn’t but either way some visa’s are granted and some are refused.

I have paid priority and my timescale has been pretty good on all things and 24 days after biometric my hubby has been called to collect passport. Now it depends, we have had a good timescale on emails etc but god knows the outcome at the end.

You can call ukvi yourself and ask for a status update, I did at week 3 of waiting, go ahead put your mind at rest.

Good luck

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Hey, my husband’s biometrics appointment was on the 17th June (priority service) and we are still waiting for the confirmation/eco email and it has been almost 3 weeks. I have just read someones timeline whose biometrics appointment was 10 days after my husbands and they’ve received the email today (ma sha allah!) It really does get you doubting whether they’ve even received the documents or not :|

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Parv2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:46 pm
Hi
I have read also on this forum about different timescales for everything. Don’t focus on the negative as each case is different and everyone’s experience is different.

Some received emails and some didn’t but either way some visa’s are granted and some are refused.

I have paid priority and my timescale has been pretty good on all things and 24 days after biometric my hubby has been called to collect passport. Now it depends, we have had a good timescale on emails etc but god knows the outcome at the end.

You can call ukvi yourself and ask for a status update, I did at week 3 of waiting, go ahead put your mind at rest.

Good luck
Hi, I read your timeline and you said that you received the eco email and then later on you received another email saying that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. Did you email ukvi yourself about the status of your application or did they send you an email stating this themselves as I haven’t read that anyone else has gotten this email too

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Post by Parv2018 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi

My first email came to my solicitor and she forwarded to me as we used the her account to submit our application.

Second email was 3 weeks in and I was a little impatient and asked for a status update. They replied after 2 days

You got nothing to loose do it 😄

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Parv2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi

My first email came to my solicitor and she forwarded to me as we used the her account to submit our application.

Second email was 3 weeks in and I was a little impatient and asked for a status update.

You got nothing to loose do it 😄
I already have and was told the same thing too :) just waiting for the eco email now :(

Parv2018
Newly Registered

Post by Parv2018 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:29 pm

What exactly was the reply to your email ?

Try not to worry as I know myself it’s quiet a daunting time for everyone going through this process.

As you have read other people’s timescale are all different
Last edited by Parv2018 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Parv2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:29 pm
What exactly was the reply to your email ?
Copied and pasted:

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

I think the least ukvi could do is confirm that our documents have reached them successfully

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:40 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:23 pm
I already have and was told the same thing too :) just waiting for the eco email now :(
Noworries, I got ECO email about 20days after bio(including bank holiday) but result was on time in 30 working days. And also I read few posts, some of them didnot receive ECO email, but directly got approvals.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:40 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:23 pm
Noworries, I got ECO email about 20days after bio(including bank holiday) but result was on time in 30 working days. And also I read few posts, some of them didnot receive ECO email, but directly got approvals.
Wow! I hope my husbands comes in time too, its just the not knowing that can be frustrating. I wonder why some people get them and some don’t :?

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm

sg88 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 am
Hi, my husband (sponsor) who lives in UK uploaded all our supporting documents onto VFS website uploading page. I attended biometrics appointment on 11th June 2019 in Lahore Pakistan and after going through a checklist and giving biometrics I was given a receipt
I have 2 questions:

1) Everything I have read on this website indicates applicant receives some sort of email to confirm home office has received file and is being reviewed. Some receive on the day, some next days, others after a few days. Today Is 2nd July 2019, 3 weeks (21 days) since submitting file and still no email. Do they always send an email, is it a must do on ther part, should I be worried? We also paid alot of extra money for priority service and from reading online seems like many people who did non priority even managed to receive quicker than we have.
2) is the priority service a big fraud, after submitted and paying extra, I have read many reviews on this website where many people who done non priority received file before those who did priority. Do they have a timeline for this as some say within 1month, some 6 weeks and others mention despite paying extra it took a very long time. Is the priority service a big scam and have I just wasted my money. How can they take longer than the time mentioned on their website if they are charging such large sums of money?
Hi sg88,

Have you heard anything back yet? Any update would be helpful as my partners application is 4 working days behind yours.

tehussain

Post by tehussain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Is there anyway I can change to priority after the biometric appointment. I doubt my spouse would have that kind of money lying around, and the mirpur centre don't accept cash.

What are the different ways to change to priority before and after the biometric?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm
sg88 wrote:
I have 2 questions:

Hi sg88,

Have you heard anything back yet? Any update would be helpful as my partners application is 4 working days behind yours.
If it’s any help, we submitted:

Application: 23/6
Documents at VFS London: 24/6
Biometrics at VFS Shanghai: 25/6

We had an email acknowledgment from UKVI on 5/7, 8 working days after biometrics.

We paid for a priority service.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm
sg88 wrote:
I have 2 questions:

Hi sg88,

If it’s any help, we submitted:

Application: 23/6
Documents at VFS London: 24/6
Biometrics at VFS Shanghai: 25/6

We had an email acknowledgment from UKVI on 5/7, 8 working days after biometrics.

We paid for a priority service.

My husband biometrics were on the 17th of June and he paid for priority. We still haven’t received an acknowledgment email and today is 4 weeks since the appointment