ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help for ILR for refugee ASAP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ferwong
Newly Registered

Need help for ILR for refugee ASAP

Post by ferwong » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:41 am

hello all, I have been silently observing this group for just over awhile now and have some question with my case.

i'm a refugee and ready to apply ILR before end of the month, but when i start online application i found out that some question that i not sure about it.

1) me and my partner granted refugee at the same time 5 years ago. we got married 3 years ago. now, when it asked did you have any dependence on this application, shall i say Yes or No?

2)do we need to apply ILR together under one application or do separate application?

3) what kind of document do we need to prepare? Do we need to include cover letter to explain our situation ? (Bank stat, pay slip, marriage certificate, council tax?)

4)its worth to have a solicitor to handle my case? if yes how much do they charge roughly? i just make a few call around Nottingham solicitor and they told me the charge will be around 700-1000 per person is it the average price for legal fee?

i am really appreciated whoever could give me a guide and i am really worry about it since i need to submit it all before end of this month.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Need help for ILR for refugee ASAP

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 am

1) me and my partner granted refugee at the same time 5 years ago. we got married 3 years ago. now, when it asked did you have any dependence on this application, shall i say Yes or No?
You can include your partner
2)do we need to apply ILR together under one application or do separate application?
You can
3) what kind of document do we need to prepare? Do we need to include cover letter to explain our situation ? (Bank stat, pay slip, marriage certificate, council tax?)
Apply online and the system will tell you what you must provide
https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... protection
4)its worth to have a solicitor to handle my case? if yes how much do they charge roughly? i just make a few call around Nottingham solicitor and they told me the charge will be around 700-1000 per person is it the average price for legal fee?
Up to you. It is not required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ferwong
Newly Registered

Post by ferwong » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 am
You can include your partner
You can

just spoken to few solicitor about my case they said that i must apply separately as when i apply my partner not my dependence at that time and we did the claim separate, just wanna see if anyone have same situation with me?

it didnt tell you which document you will need to prepare, the guideline are really confuse.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:07 am

just spoken to few solicitor about my case they said that i must apply separately as when i apply my partner not my dependence at that time and we did the claim separate, just wanna see if anyone have same situation with me?
You each need to apply individually and meet the requirements individually.

it didnt tell you which document you will need to prepare, the guideline are really confuse.
The online application process will tell you what you need to submit.

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... tion/apply
Apply
You must apply online. You’ll be told what documents you need to provide when you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ferwong
Newly Registered

Post by ferwong » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:27 am

CR001 thanks for your reply, do i need to add a cover letter to explain why i couldn't return to my home country ? all the bank statment, payslip?

ferwong
Newly Registered

Post by ferwong » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am

CR001 i did try to apply online but there are few question i not sure about it, my original passport were kept by home office when i apply asylum and they never return it to me. there is a question ask if i could provide any photocopy of the original passport which i can, but at the end of checklist they require the original passport ?? im so confuse about it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 am

ferwong wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am
CR001 i did try to apply online but there are few question i not sure about it, my original passport were kept by home office when i apply asylum and they never return it to me. there is a question ask if i could provide any photocopy of the original passport which i can, but at the end of checklist they require the original passport ?? im so confuse about it.
There are three things what you can do:
1) Say no to photocopy
2) Select the nationality as Refugee - Article 1 of 1951 Convention and home country nationally as second nationality
3) Just ignore the checklist, as the UKVCAS staff is aware of that plus you will also mention that the passport is with Home Office in the next question
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.