ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help - ILR Granted and Company Resigned

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chandrav81
Newly Registered
India

Need Help - ILR Granted and Company Resigned

Post by Chandrav81 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:32 am

Hi All,
I have been recently granted ILR & have received my BRP card. Meanwhile i resigned my company & 19/07/2019 is my last working date.

Due to health issue i am planning to travel to India for 2 months may be around 25th of this month. As i dont have any offer or job in hand, will i be stopped while returning back to UK?

Also along with me my dependents will be travelling to India & back to UK, they are still on Tier 2 visa which is valid till July 2020. Will they have any issue while coming back to UK as my visa will be ILR & they will be Tier 2 dependents?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need Help - ILR Granted and Company Resigned

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:37 am

As i dont have any offer or job in hand, will i be stopped while returning back to UK?
No. Not sure why you believe having a job when holding ilr is required??
Also along with me my dependents will be travelling to India & back to UK, they are still on Tier 2 visa which is valid till July 2020. Will they have any issue while coming back to UK as my visa will be ILR & they will be Tier 2 dependents?
If you got ilr based on 5 years tier 3, then their visas remain valid and are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.