ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renew resident permit in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Waiting limited

Re: renew resident permit in uk

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:43 am

the caseworker didn't mention anything about the English certificate. her email stated to pay IHS surcharge so she can make a decision on my application.
home office should be clear in his rules grey area is misleading people. if they say only A2 from a proved centre is acceptable then no one will lose all the money and has to start from scratch.

my ten years spouse visa starts from now or the previous 5years can be included?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm

You are now on a new 10 year path, 4 X 2.5 year visas.

The previous time in the UK can be used if you reached 10 years legal residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Thank you croo1 and all those who advised me .
How can I keep my self activated to this forum ? I want to keep updated by any changes in immigration laws.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:59 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm
Thank you croo1 and all those who advised me .
How can I keep my self activated to this forum ? I want to keep updated by any changes in immigration laws.

Thank you
By reading this forum everyday at least once in morning and once in evening before bed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 pm

thank you so much

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:25 pm

is it true that 10 years route can be switched to 5 years route? is It possible to switch once I have my A2 English certificate or I have to wait for the next extension ? I'm trying hard to find a way for my situation. appreciate any help .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:07 am

You can switch to FLR m 5 year route at any time. It starts the 5 year period for ilr agin from scratch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:47 am

10 years long residency is subject to change at anytime ! and if I switch to 5 years again I will be securing my self from being stuck in 10 years route in case long residency vanishes from immigrations law.
since when 10 long residency rule came to life? I mean if it was an old immigration rule then it's most likely will remain, just guessing.

how can I switch ? which form do I need? do I need to submit A 1 or A2 English in this case ? please is there any one who's done this switch?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:50 am

Long residence ilr has been around for a long time. However not no big one can guess if it will remain in place in n the future. For example, there used to also be a 14 years long residence ilr application, which was removed in 2012.

FLR m to apply under the 5 year route, meeting all the requirements again and paying fees and IHS again too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:07 pm

just to clarify should I use flr(fp) to switch with a cover letter stating why I switch ( meeting all requirements) ? or flr(m) is the right form to use ,I'm afraid as in 10 years route I can't use flr (m) anymore? a lots of informations and I'm confused which one should I do .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:21 pm

FLR m for the 5 year route. It will be a new application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:37 pm

ok, that you for advice.