ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chat logs if no separation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ElMac94
United States of America

Chat logs if no separation?

Post by ElMac94 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Hello,

I've done a few searches but can't seem to find much information. We are preparing to start assembling our paperwork for my husband's UK spouse visa to enter from the USA and I'm not sure how necessary chat logs are. We have lived together continuously in the US since 2012 and have not spent more than 6 days total apart in 7 years. All the advice I see on the various topics and other immigration websites seems to indicate that including chat/text logs is recommended/required for couples that have been in separate countries, but obviously that's not the case for us. We do virtually all of our communication in person, with any text/emails being sporadic and making us sound more like roommates ("Can you grab the baby"/"Did you hear that?") etc., since we have all our more intimate conversations face to face.

We have ample documentation to prove that there is more than a 51% chance that we are in a subsisting relationship (joint tenancy evidence, marriage certificate, joint ownership of a home, three children born 3.5 years apart, lots of photographs), but I'm not sure whether I should still find a way to include our mundane and intermittent texts.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Chat logs if no separation?

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:02 am

ElMac94 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 pm
Hello,

I've done a few searches but can't seem to find much information. We are preparing to start assembling our paperwork for my husband's UK spouse visa to enter from the USA and I'm not sure how necessary chat logs are. We have lived together continuously in the US since 2012 and have not spent more than 6 days total apart in 7 years. All the advice I see on the various topics and other immigration websites seems to indicate that including chat/text logs is recommended/required for couples that have been in separate countries, but obviously that's not the case for us. We do virtually all of our communication in person, with any text/emails being sporadic and making us sound more like roommates ("Can you grab the baby"/"Did you hear that?") etc., since we have all our more intimate conversations face to face.

We have ample documentation to prove that there is more than a 51% chance that we are in a subsisting relationship (joint tenancy evidence, marriage certificate, joint ownership of a home, three children born 3.5 years apart, lots of photographs), but I'm not sure whether I should still find a way to include our mundane and intermittent texts.

Thanks in advance.
Chat/video calls logs/email/texts screen shots are only needed when both partners are living apart. If you have lived together since the beginning of your relationship then you can add tenancy agreements, joint bank statements, pictures, or any other document etc. instead of chat for such duration.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 am

Cheers!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 am

Are you confident that you can meet the minimum income requirement :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:47 am

We’re going to be selling our home in the US before heading back to the U.K.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:51 am

You will need a minimum £62,500 cash in USD equivalent with the full paper trail of where the money originates from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:55 am

I’m aware, thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Also remember that your home sales proceeds won't need to be possessed for at least 6 months like in cash savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Yes, we were very relieved to hear that - originally there was some difficulty in planning for selling and then renting but that was a major weight off to discover it wouldn’t be necessary.